Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
tomas21

Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners
Original Message   Jan 2, 2009 5:20 pm
Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners Hello,

I'm looking for a solid vacuum for cleaning carpets and hardwood floors. Which one of these would be recommended?

Hoover® WindTunnel™ Anniversary Edition Self-Propelled Bagged Upright

$159.00

Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System

$249.00
Replies: 28 - 37 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
tomas21

Re: Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners
Reply #28   Feb 2, 2009 1:53 pm
For those of you looking for the OEM part to "replace" the existing hose with a 15' long ext hose here is the part no: 43434042.

Hoover Site: EXTRA HOSE ASM COMP       43434042

From Ristenbatt.com

"Extend the reach of your Hoover WindTunnel upright with this extra long wire-reinforced stretch hose. Its great for stairs and reaching into areas where you vacuum can't go. The machine end is 1 1/2" in diameter with two locking pins which hold it in the vacuum. Its attachment end is extra large to fit over the Hoover WindTunnel wands and attachments like the on-board hose does. This hose provides a 20' total attachment reach. (Hose stretched to about 15' plus two wands and the crevice tool.)

This genuine Hoover hose is used instead of their on-board hose on most WindTunnel uprights that use paper bags and Hoover Bagless WindTunnel Self-Propelled uprights manufactured November 2002 or later."

CarmineD

Reply #29   Feb 2, 2009 4:29 pm
Thanks for the info Tom.  Very helpful and useful.  Were you ever in the vacuum business?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #30   Feb 2, 2009 4:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

For along time, the COSTCO here did not carry the EUREKA Boss Smart Vacuum upright.  After it was included again by Consumer Reports in the top 10 for vacuums in the October 2008 edition, and also a BEST BUY, COSTCO had them for sale again in the store.  Same for HOOVER TEMPO with BEST BUY stores and several other retailers.  Once it returned to the CR top 10, back on retailers' shelves.

When some kow tow CR ratings/reviews [usually those whose fave brand can't cut muster], I remind them:  Observe how all the big box retailers always carry and sell the wares that CR recommends.  Conversely, what does that forebode about the $500 plus vacuum brand that only makes 2 out of the top 20 CR picks? 

BTW, here at COSTCO that $350 dyson is a DC14 Animal [price competes with the SEARS Progressive for $350] once having an MSRP of $549.  This dyson model isn't selling a lick at COSTCO.  Look soon for $100 off at the cash register for $299.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I just got this article off the NY Times Online . . .

Let me know if the link fails -- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/business/economy/03econ.html?_r=1&8au&emc=au
Venson

Reply #31   Feb 2, 2009 6:05 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

The COSTCO here sold out of the WT SP Anniversary model in short order.  It had 2 pallets when I last saw a few weeks ago.  Went back this past week to pick up some movie tickets for my daughter.  Gone.  They'll be back.  Not sure the price when they return. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Just got back from Best Buy.  I needed a new external drive but after that was taken care of I went to the vacuum department.  The metallic blue self-propelled version of the WindTunnel upright is sold out there too.  The price is $229.00. The Tempo is in stock and priced at $75.00.

Venson
This message was modified Feb 2, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #32   Feb 2, 2009 8:17 pm
Hi Venson:

Link worked.  Doom and gloom ahead.  President Obama may want to reconsider and ask for an official recount!  He's a one termer.  Will be done in by the economic sunami and Hillary Clinton.   She is poised to walk away with the election in 2012.  As the primary Secretary of State she will be more powerful than VP Biden, the alternate SOS. 

Thanks for the info on BEST BUY and HOOVER WT SP and TEMPO.  Those prices $229 and $75 respectively add pressure on the other retailers to price the models similarly.  Peer pressure.  With the favorable ratings from Consumer Reports on these models, selling at the MSRP is justifiable and smart business pricing. 

Carmine D.

tomas21

Reply #33   Feb 3, 2009 12:27 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks for the info Tom.  Very helpful and useful.  Were you ever in the vacuum business?

Carmine D.

Never in the biz but a consumer that does diligent research.

CarmineD

Reply #34   Feb 3, 2009 7:02 am
tomas21 wrote:

Never in the biz but a consumer that does diligent research.

This message was modified Feb 3, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #35   Feb 3, 2009 7:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
Nice work.  Excellent price plus the year's supply of bags.

Carmine D.
CarmineD

Reply #36   Feb 3, 2009 8:22 pm
FYI:

My dear Wife was at Kohl's today and strolled by the clearance aisle and spied a brand new HOOVER WT Powered Hand Tool new in the package.  Original price $39.95.  Clearance: $3.99 [before 30 percent off].  Such a deal!  Only one, and she bought it!  [My Valentine's Day present, she jested.  A MIELE S7 is more to my liking, I parried!  Don't even go there, she retorted.  And I didn't!].

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #37   Feb 4, 2009 8:57 am
CarmineD wrote:
. . . .My Valentine's Day present, she jested.  A MIELE S7 is more to my liking, I parried!  Don't even go there, she retorted.  And I didn't!.

Carmine D.

Keep the faith Carmine.  You've still got a birthday, Father's Day and Christmas.  Right?

Best,

Venson
Replies: 28 - 37 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42