Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Central vacuums
Original Message   Feb 1, 2009 1:17 pm
Carmine,

Have you selected the C/V for your Daughter/SIL's home? (I favor MD for quiet performance and convenient dirt disposal) I was wondering what your take on C/V is? The #1 complaint, of course, is the hose. There are at present three solutions: 1) The hose Genie which stores the wire reinforced hose in a wall cavity between studs. 2) The Hide-a-Hose which stores the hose in the C/V tubing itself (but cannot use an electric p/n.) And 3) the new 'click' modular hose offered by M/D which looks positively brilliant. With sufficient inlets a 20ft hose is adequate for vacuuming all the major traffic areas, and a 10 or 15 ft section can be clicked in when needed. No more struggling with fiddly buttons to push while simultaneously pulling or pushing on a tube. I also saw online a coiled stretch hose in a reel. Pull it out and the C/V automatically starts. Instant clean up of a thousand tiny messes that are too small to bother dragging out a vacuum (or a big C/V hose) to deal with. If I were going to go to the trouble and expense of intsalling a C/V I would not stint on inlets, Vacu Sweep inlets, or the above mentioned at-the-ready-stretch hoses. A hose, tool kit and P/N on each level and a tool kit in the garage. If it is worth installing, might as well get the maximum convenience possible. Your thoughts, please and what would you select as as pn/ and tools all the way around?

Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42