Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
tomas21

Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners
Original Message   Jan 2, 2009 5:20 pm
Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners Hello,

I'm looking for a solid vacuum for cleaning carpets and hardwood floors. Which one of these would be recommended?

Hoover® WindTunnel™ Anniversary Edition Self-Propelled Bagged Upright

$159.00

Kenmore Progressive Upright Vacuum with Inteli-Clean System

$249.00
Replies: 13 - 22 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
TTIpowerT

Re: Hoover WindTunnel versus Kenmore Progressive Vacuum cleaners
Reply #13   Jan 30, 2009 6:34 pm
The Hoover WT Anniversary Self Propelled upright has taken over the # 1 ranking in the new consumer reports upright rankings. Hoover landed {4 out of 10} top ranking spots.

Also of note: Hoover finished with 7 uprights in the top 20 (w/o best in class platinum collection models). Dyson has 2 in the top 20 and Bissell landed only one.

-Beats as it Sweeps
Venson

Reply #14   Jan 30, 2009 7:59 pm
TTIpowerT wrote:
The Hoover WT Anniversary Self Propelled upright has taken over the # 1 ranking in the new consumer reports upright rankings. Hoover landed {4 out of 10} top ranking spots.

Also of note: Hoover finished with 7 uprights in the top 20 (w/o best in class platinum collection models). Dyson has 2 in the top 20 and Bissell landed only one.

-Beats as it Sweeps

Hi,

It's my understanding, per CR online, that its final vacuum ratings won't be out until March this year.  That means the fat girl may not have yet stepped on stage to sing.  Though CR speaks well of the U6485-900 and rates it at 73 out of a possible 100, it clearly states that the cleaner is loud and that it also considers its 21 pound weight heavy.

Is that an issue?  Maybe not.  This Hoover is an affordable $230 vacuum that cleans well and has great emission scores.

Venson
TTIpowerT

Reply #15   Jan 30, 2009 8:55 pm
Actually the March 2009 Magazine edition has already been released and includes the latest upright, hand and stick rankings.
CarmineD

Reply #16   Jan 31, 2009 6:46 am
Venson wrote:
Hi,

It's my understanding, per CR online, that its final vacuum ratings won't be out until March this year.  That means the fat girl may not have yet stepped on stage to sing.  Though CR speaks well of the U6485-900 and rates it at 73 out of a possible 100, it clearly states that the cleaner is loud and that it also considers its 21 pound weight heavy.

Is that an issue?  Maybe not.  This Hoover is an affordable $230 vacuum that cleans well and has great emission scores.

Venson

Hello Guys:

Actually, when Tomas21 purchased this H-WT-SP Anniversary edition COSTCO was selling for $150 with a year's supply of allergin bags as part of the Holiday sales.  A great buy.  I've noticed that big box retailers are holding the price on it now at $229.  Most likely will based on the CR ratings.  I believe the CR March editions will be on the news stands this weekend.  I'll have to check and see.  Should please Tomas that his choice was picked by CR too!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #17   Jan 31, 2009 6:50 am
TTIpowerT wrote:

Also of note: Hoover finished with 7 uprights in the top 20 (w/o best in class platinum collection models).
-Beats as it Sweeps

Wow.  Impressive.  Should be a huge boost to sales especially in hard economic times.  Go HOOVER/TTI!

What was that heresy about dyson vacuums knocking HOOVER out?  On whose scorecard?  James?  His doesn't count. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 31, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #18   Jan 31, 2009 8:41 am
CarmineD wrote:
Wow.  Impressive.  Should be a huge boost to sales especially in hard economic times.  Go HOOVER/TTI!

What was that heresy about dyson vacuums knocking HOOVER out?  On whose scorecard?  James?  His doesn't count. 

Carmine D.

What was that heresy about hoover vacuums knocking DYSON out?  On whose scorecard?  Carmine's? First the Fusion, then the Z.  His doesn't count.

CarmineD

Reply #19   Jan 31, 2009 8:49 am
Hey HS:

Like I always say:  You're only as good as your latest rating/score.  And HOOVER/TTI is the winner!  Say what you like/don't like about CR.  It has 20 million monthly readers.  Maybe more.  Your fave contender is fading fast.........................  2 spots out of 20.  Pitiful.  Shameful.  A $500 plus brand with 20 years vacuum experience in the UK and 9 in the USA can't get it right.  Niche vacuum, at best. 

BTW, need I remind you Sir I predicted here on this thread that HOOVER [and this model specifically] could/would unseat SEARS Progressive for the top spot by CR.  Ye, of little faith!  Fusion and Z were sparring partners.  WT is the Champ!  Still.  Since 1998. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 31, 2009 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #20   Jan 31, 2009 9:10 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Guys:

Actually, when Tomas21 purchased this H-WT-SP Anniversary edition COSTCO was selling for $150 with a year's supply of allergin bags as part of the Holiday sales.  A great buy.  I've noticed that big box retailers are holding the price on it now at $229.  Most likely will based on the CR ratings.  I believe the CR March editions will be on the news stands this weekend.  I'll have to check and see.  Should please Tomas that his choice was picked by CR too!

Carmine D.

My Costco still has it for $156.00.  Also, Kenmore has the somewhat quieter $350.00 Kenmore Progressive 35922 upright which rates second in line but is considered a "best buy."  Third place, the $80 Tempo matches the WT's scores and is quieter.  All top-five vacuum cleaners were rated as having excellent emission.  The highest priced was the $550.00  Panasonic MC-UG787

Venson
This message was modified Jan 31, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #21   Jan 31, 2009 2:54 pm
Venson wrote:
My Costco still has it for $156.00.  Also, Kenmore has the somewhat quieter $350.00 Kenmore Progressive 35922 upright which rates second in line but is considered a "best buy."  Third place, the $80 Tempo matches the WT's scores and is quieter.  All top-five vacuum cleaners were rated as having excellent emission.  The highest priced was the $550.00  Panasonic MC-UG787

Venson

Hello Venson:

The COSTCO here sold out of the WT SP Anniversary model in short order.  It had 2 pallets when I last saw a few weeks ago.  Went back this past week to pick up some movie tickets for my daughter.  Gone.  They'll be back.  Not sure the price when they return. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #22   Jan 31, 2009 7:06 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Venson:

The COSTCO here sold out of the WT SP Anniversary model in short order.  It had 2 pallets when I last saw a few weeks ago.  Went back this past week to pick up some movie tickets for my daughter.  Gone.  They'll be back.  Not sure the price when they return. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

Things appear to move oddly at my local Costco.  It took twenty minutes to finally turn into the store's parking lot a couple of weekends ago.  I asked what was going on when I finally got in and one of the store employees said somebody must have been going around spreading rumors that Costco was going out of business.

For all the waiting it took to get in, the store wasn't nearly as full as I'd imagined.  Lots of people were of course making practical purchases -- staples, other food and toilet paper by the bale -- and I saw a big-screen TV or two being rolled up to the check-out area.  There was also a lot of shopper interest in the section where the books, software, CDs and DVDs are but the vacuum department still is in rather pitiful shape.  Nothing appears to be moving much and, as always, what little there is -- is just there.  There's still the $350.00 Dyson model, the Hoover Wind Tunnel and the Roomba.  The rest is just the latest flavor of the day vapor steam cleaner and a Bissell carpet steamer.  That's all.

I am surprised that more effort isn't made as Costco offers a lot more online.

Venson
Replies: 13 - 22 of 44Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42