Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > For anyone interested . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

For anyone interested . . .
Original Message   Jan 15, 2009 8:40 am
There is a Hoover bag cleaner up for auction on eBay that is in great shape.  This is not a good deed on my part as I definitely wouldn't tell a soul if I had someplace to put it. 

The seller is well-known.  AND  -- as always -- I benefit in no way by the sale of this item.  However, it is part of  vacuum history and at least knowledge of it is beneficial to all.

Best,

Venson
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Re: For anyone interested . . .
Reply #1   Jan 15, 2009 8:55 am

Pity the shipping to the UK is so astronomical or I might be tempted to get it and put a 240v motor on. Oh well. Hope it goes to a good home!

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
Venson

Reply #2   Jan 15, 2009 9:15 am
Hi Model2,

I always have the same feeling when I discover great stuff up for auction in the UK or Europe.

I have had a longtime passion to own a Lux 1 Chrome  http://www.luxinternational.com/products/bright_home/vacuum_cleaner/  but due to circuit board issues and the like have assumed it could never be re-fitted to our 120 AC voltage i the U.S.  They can be had anywhere from Denmark to Timbuktu. Well -- such is life . . .

Best,

Venson
This message was modified Jan 15, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #3   Jan 16, 2009 8:46 am
Hi Venson:

Thanks for posting.  Having had one like this in my store for many many years, I avoided the temptation to look at the auction.  But I couldn't any longer.  Note that the motor is a 700 series with a disabled headlight.  You can see the light hood socket for the bulb over the cloth bag.  The brush roll is the early HOOVER upright series w/o the agitator bars.  More on the order of a brush bar.  The brush is in good shape considering its age.  The bag is a DVC replacement, not a genuine HOOVER.  And unlike mine, this one is absent the stand with the mounting plate and bracket for the cleaner.  You can see the holes in the picture for the bolts.  The in-line rocker switch is a simple fix as the seller says.  While I recognize the seller's logon as a familiar one, I can't associate a person with it.  Tho I suspect I may know who the person is from the fact that these bag cleaners are nearly extinct and I know of only one other person who has one.  I suspect a HOOVER aficionado wold be most likely the interested buyer.  A welcome addition to anything/everything HOOVER. 

Tho I'm thinking if this now can be reinvented to use to clean area rugs/carpets in homes and vehicles.  Seems like a logical extension of the purpose and perhaps would justify an unrelated vacuum expenditure.  Not sure Mrs. D would agree!

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #4   Jan 16, 2009 9:06 am
CarmineD wrote:

Tho I'm thinking if this now can be reinvented to use to clean area rugs/carpets in homes and vehicles.  Seems like a logical extension of the purpose and perhaps would justify an unrelated vacuum expenditure.  Not sure Mrs. D would agree!

Carmine D.

Carmine,

No harm in giving it a try . . .   As for the seller I was sure you'd know who it was.  The opening bid for his vac offerings is always a $1.37 like his website --- http://www.137.com

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #5   Jan 16, 2009 11:51 am
I know now.  Thank you for the clue.  Old age is tough on memory.  One of my all time industry favorite friends.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got it from the person I thought of at first!

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42