Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > problem with my Sanitaire SC887

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

problem with my Sanitaire SC887
Original Message   Dec 30, 2008 10:29 am
Hey guys... wondering if you all have any suggestions about a problem I discovered in my Sanitaire SC887 this morning.  I just reassembled the bag/bin compartment after washing it and went to use the machine this morning.  Well, it was about 3 times as loud as it should be and the bag BARELY inflated.  It did, but not firmly and I was able to "squish" it easily with my hands where as before that wasn't possible.  I turned the machine over while running and the it seemed to be running at full speed.  The fan didn't have any broken blades from what I could see without digging into the machine.  When I first got the machine, I took it to the shop to get the height adjust knob replaced and the guy said it needed new bearings too so he replaced them.  It's beein fine for 3 years, but this morning, it's having a serious issue.  Any clues as to what could be going on with this thing?  My ears actually hurt after trying to use it for 5 minutes!
Replies: 11 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: problem with my Sanitaire SC887
Reply #11   Jan 5, 2009 5:52 pm
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
By the way... I have a question that doesn't have anything to do with this post... if I I am looking at a Eureka/Sanitaire belt and a Hoover Convertible belt and neither of them are labeled, what's the difference?  Which one is for which machine?

Thanks

Hi Bobby:

Clogged cloth bag pores prevent sufficient air from passing through the bag to keep the motor cool.  But when cleaning the cloth, vacuuming and brushing the cloth are the best methods to keep the pores open, breathing and at peak operation.  The bag pores are small enough to keep all the dust and dirt inside, maintain peak suction, and allow air passage for cooling the motor.

WRT your question, if both belts are new, the EUREKA will be slightly larger in diameter and thinner.  This gives it more elasticity than the HOOVER belt because it has a longer reach than the Convertible.  In a pinch, both belts can be used for the same machine.  But I would not recommend doing so for the best performance and well-being of the vacuums.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 5, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Re: problem with my Sanitaire SC887
Reply #12   Jan 7, 2009 8:38 am
Vacuumfreeeke wrote:
By the way... mine is supposed to have the quick clean fan casing, but when the guy replaced the bearings he said I needed a new one and he didn't have another in stock so now it has a regular casing.

Hi Bobby:

Sorry I didn't see this and respond sooner.  The quick clean casing is a liner that fits on the vacuum's fan/motor housing that comes off and on easily during disassembly.  It allows quick and easy cleaning of the dirt path.  Hence its name.

Carmine D.

Replies: 11 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42