Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Panasonics . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

New Panasonics . . .
Original Message   Nov 10, 2008 10:00 pm
Hi,

I just learned that Panasonic has a "new" series of canister vacuums similar to the new "sister" vac being sold under the Kenmore brand. The relationship to all is the OptiFlow system. All models are employing power nozzles found on Sears' Kenmore models but surprisingly not the new PN with the integrated floor tool.

The line is comprised of four canister models from the MC-CG885 to the MC-CG985. The electric mini nozzle long offered by Kenmore can be found on select models in the Panasonic. Suggested retail pricing runs from $800.00 (whoa!!!) to $450.00. Naturally I ask, "How come?" Or do I mean, "C'mon already!"

Following links lead to web page and the top of the line user manual.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Home-Appliances/Vacuum-Cleaners/Canister-Vacuums.list.75102_11002_7000000000000005702

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/MCCG985-MUL.PDF

Best,

Venson
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
vaclov

Re: New Panasonics . . .
Reply #1   Nov 10, 2008 11:42 pm
OMG!!!!I agree with you, the prices are ridiculous, $799.00 for a plastic Kenmore hand me down. I'm hoping the prices of these machines are up to par on quality but at first glance it honestly doesn't look like it.
CarmineD

Reply #2   Nov 11, 2008 7:04 am
Panasonic is making some moves on the global front to acquire Sanyo and concentrate/focus on battery powered appliances.  Have to watch and read carefully as the events and circumstances unfold.

Wondering if MIELE's entrance into the high end uprights by making its own [and not badging Pana upright vacuums with its brand] prompted Pana's actions.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Nov 11, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #3   Nov 11, 2008 10:28 am
Hi Venson, Carmine, Vac L,

Panasonic as a company is usually right on the money,with products and pricing and technology, that works,Sort of like HONDA, Sit back see what everyone else is offering then strike like a cobra.They are very smart business people that are tuned into what they need to accomplish.

Why would they want to aqiureSANYO?. Maybe because G.M. is looking to do the same with CHISLER.I mean chrysler.

MOLE

Actionvac

Reply #4   Nov 11, 2008 1:17 pm
Well the last version of Panasonic / kenmore cans were terrible (last 5 years or so) hope these are better, time will tell, we need a decent 400-500.00 can to sell
Lucky1

Reply #5   Nov 11, 2008 2:42 pm
Actionvac wrote:
Well the last version of Panasonic / kenmore cans were terrible (last 5 years or so) hope these are better, time will tell, we need a decent 400-500.00 can to sell

I can't stress enough my need for a quality can in the $400-$500 price range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everybody else selling in that range. I don't like the Electrolux's with the electrical problems they are having. (Just got the new consumer...once again the Oxygen is rated high...hasn''t anyone told them yet?)
mole

Reply #6   Nov 11, 2008 4:19 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I can't stress enough my need for a quality can in the $400-$500 price range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everybody else selling in that range. I don't like the Electrolux's with the electrical problems they are having. (Just got the new consumer...once again the Oxygen is rated high...hasn''t anyone told them yet?)

I know you and action are not going to like this answer,BUT the BOSCH formula bsg 71360 ,is the best bang for the buck out there....... in the price range your looking to sell at.

MOLE

Lucky1

Reply #7   Nov 11, 2008 7:54 pm
That's my $500 machine also....(I'm looking for ideas below $500 without having to discount).

Is the Eureka any better than the Oxygen or does it have the same problems?
CarmineD

Reply #8   Nov 12, 2008 7:09 am
mole wrote:
Hi Venson, Carmine, Vac L,

Panasonic as a company is usually right on the money,with products and pricing and technology, that works,Sort of like HONDA, Sit back see what everyone else is offering then strike like a cobra.They are very smart business people that are tuned into what they need to accomplish.

Why would they want to aqiureSANYO?. Maybe because G.M. is looking to do the same with CHISLER.I mean chrysler.

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

You're probably right:  Sanyo looks to merge to finance huge investments needed to expand production.  While rivals, Pana is the larger of the two.  Tho both have to agree on a price, Sanyo is valued at $8.77 BILLION:  A world leader in solar power and batteries for electronics and cars.  Here's an old article with the news.  More articles since but they are not yet posted on the Internet.

http://www.nytimes.com/external/idg/2008/11/02/02idg-Report-Panason.html  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 12, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42