Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 297 - 306 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Reply #297   Nov 3, 2008 4:25 pm
Dyson is reported as having more sales than the previous year...

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/3805379.Dyson_sales_soar_in_UK_rating/

HARDSELL

Reply #298   Nov 3, 2008 5:10 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Nice diversion from discountinued dysons and dyson ball models not selling. 

When smart, informed buyers spend $500-$1000 on premium made vacuums that last 20 years, most will never quibble over $50-$75 a year for bags.  It's not even on their radar screen.

Now onto your fave brand:  Expensive bagless vacuums with costly filters and regular filter maintenence are a HARDSELL.  Add allergy and asthma sufferers with pets and it's MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.  Solution:  Bagged!   MIELE-S, RICCAR-S, SEBO-s, even ORECK--S.  Why?  For both health and wealth reasons.  Actually makes bagged MIELE-s and others easier to sell.  Add a 6 inch profile with maneuverabilty to boot.  Great for vacuuming under furniture without using tools.  Big time and effort saver.  Just like bags plus the added benefit of no health risk.  Do you really think these customers are worried about spending $15-$20 for a pack of bags several times a year?  Not even on their radar screen. 

The bag cost issue is what it is my friend:  Bagless brand marketing propaganda.  At best it works only once with a bagless vacuum purchase.  Even HARDSELL cashed in his 2 year old dyson for a bagged vacuum.  Case closed.

Carmine D.

I think catlady is the only one to post on buying a new Miele.  She complained about a $2 cost in replacement bags over her initial bag purchase.  Your statement about the cost of bags not being an issue went out the door.

My Dyson was over 2 years old when I sold it.  Again you need to get your facts before spouting off.  BTW,  neither bagged vacuum that replaced the DC07 is equal in performance.  So before you rattle off I will tell you that as soon as I meet another vacuum salesman that wants to lose a bet that gets me a new Dyson I will once again own one.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #299   Nov 3, 2008 5:28 pm
 Dyson has been busy filing patents in Europe. Some of which are not vacuum related.    DIB

http://v3.espacenet.com/searchResults?locale=en_EP&PA=Dyson&ST=advanced&compact=false&DB=EPODOC&submitted=true

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #300   Nov 3, 2008 5:36 pm
Hello HARDSELL:

I almost gave up on you.  Your time away dulled your memory.  If you read CATLADY's final response on the matter here she says her health and pets are more important than the cost of the MIELE bags.  Her verdict: Her MIELE S7 is the winner over a bagless dyson.  BTW, read the vacuum reviews on this Site.  MIELE S7 is the winner for all posters not just CATLADY [aka Melanie MIELE].

You keep saying that the gifted refurb dyson you cashed out is better than the new bagged vacuum you bought with the proceeds.  But no new dyson, yet?   Why?  Are you still looking for another free refurb for hawking dysons here?  Like I told you:  Not going to happen!  Several retailers beat you too it.  And your name is mud with the dyson campers.  Posting here that you cashed in your dyson gift for a bagged vacuum?  What were you drinking?

No new Lexus gifted to you either.  Times are tough, my friend.  Toyota sales will be in the tank soon just like dyson sales.  You heard it from me first.  Ta Ta toyato.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by CarmineD
dusty

Reply #301   Nov 3, 2008 5:46 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Now onto your fave brand:  Expensive bagless vacuums with costly filters and regular filter maintenence are a HARDSELL.  Add allergy and asthma sufferers with pets and it's MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.  Solution:  Bagged!   MIELE-S, RICCAR-S, SEBO-s, even ORECK--S.

Last time I checked, Miele, Sebo, Riccar etc also had filters that needed regular changing and are also costly to replace.  When showing these machines I am almost always asked the cost of filters and bags and contrary to what you may believe, it does make and break a sale. Just because somebody can afford a higher priced unit doesn't mean they are willing to kick out top dollar for bags and filters all the time. It all comes down to customer preference. While I understand you have a strong dislike for Dyson product, there is no shortage of others who will rave about it to anyone they meet.  In the end, it's just another vacuum that's carving out its market niche just like all the other brands before it have done.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #302   Nov 3, 2008 5:49 pm
Wholeheartedly agree Dusty.  Like I said: For "MOST" who buy quality bagged vacuums, the yearly cost of bags are not even on the radar screen.  Not all buyers. 

BTW, glad to hear you say dyson is a niche seller.  I've said that since 2002 when it was launched.  I don't dislike 'dyson' per se.  It's a vacuum.  It's a decent bagless, save the ball dyson models and the hand held.  But dysons in general are [and have been] overpriced, overrated, overengineered and overmarketed.  There are many more much better vacuum choices for the same price and/or less.  If that is what you mean when you say I strongly dislike dyson product, then you're absolutely right.  I agree.  Mea culpa.

Let's see what should I do for penance?  I know. I'll petition the Vatican, the Holy Father, and the Conference of Catholic Bishops and demand that the Canon Law of the Catholic Church be amended to include an 11th Commandment.  A new beatitude:  Thou shalt love dyson!   

But I'm not optimistic.  They are Lindhaus lovers!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #303   Nov 3, 2008 6:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Wholeheartedly agree Dusty.  Like I said: For "MOST" who buy quality bagged vacuums, the yearly cost of bags are not even on the radar screen.  Not all buyers. 

BTW, glad to hear you say dyson is a niche seller.  I've said that since 2002 when it was launched.  I don't dislike 'dyson' per se.  It's a vacuum.  It's a decent bagless, save the ball dyson models and the hand held.  But dysons in general are [and have been] overpriced, overrated and overengineered.  There are many more much better vacuum choices for the same and/or less price, IMHO.  If that is what you mean when you say I dislike dyson product, then you're absolutely right and I agree.  I'm guilty of the egregious sin of disliking dyson product.  So are many many others.

What should I do for penance?  Wait: I know. I'll petition the Vatican and the Holy Father and ask that the Canon Law of the Catholic Church be amended to include an 11th Commandment.  A new beatitude:  Thou shalt love dyson!  

Carmine D.

How about H.S. should he be added to the list????????????????

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #304   Nov 3, 2008 6:14 pm
mole wrote:
How about H.S. should he be added to the list????????????????

MOLE

HI MOLE:

He's a recipient of the new beatitude that I want added:  He who praises dyson, shall be gifted a free refurb!

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #305   Nov 3, 2008 6:20 pm
The real dyson or the toy dyson ?

It probally would not matter they both clean the same.

Think he'd know the difference.

MOLE
dusty

Reply #306   Nov 3, 2008 6:39 pm
CarmineD wrote:

BTW, glad to hear you say dyson is a niche seller.  I've said that since 2002 when it was launched.  I don't dislike 'dyson' per se.  It's a vacuum.  It's a decent bagless, save the ball dyson models and the hand held.  But dysons in general are [and have been] overpriced, overrated and overengineered.  There are many more much better vacuum choices for the same and/or less price, IMHO.  If that is what you mean when you say I dislike dyson product, then you're absolutely right and I agree.  I'm guilty of the egregious sin of disliking dyson product.  So are many many others.

What should I do for penance?  Wait: I know. I'll petition the Vatican and the Holy Father and ask that the Canon Law of the Catholic Church be amended to include an 11th Commandment.  A new beatitude:  Thou shalt love dyson!  

Carmine D.

"Most" could mean 51%.  That leaves 49% of buyers thinking twice due to the cost of consumables.    More often than not, our customers make bag and filter costs a concern no matter what machine they are buying, especially now that the economy is in the tank. 

When I say you dislike Dyson, I base this from the amount of posts where you trash the product.  You certainly put forth an anti Dyson slant.

Not being a religious person I couldn't tell you one way or another if it's a sin not to love Dyson but I'm pretty sure the book says somewhere you get merit points for opening your heart to everybody :-)

Dusty
Replies: 297 - 306 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42