Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 288 - 297 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #288   Nov 2, 2008 6:53 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

DIB

P.S.  About 6 months ago, Dyson changed up the color schemes on their oldest vacuum, the DC07 and bundled it with $50-$90 of Dyson accessories and sold 10,000 units in 12 hours.  The largest one day sale of any Dyson at HSN.  People want Dyson’s no matter how long it has been on the market.

Hi DIB:

Your zeal for all things dyson is admirable tho grossly misguided and naive.  To your credit and honesty you admitted here that your sales and marketing background is very limited. 

Now, I suspect that HSN and dyson struck a deal to off load an inventory of unsold DC07 vacuums.  Which at the time were 6 years old.  No doubt, in an effort to discontinue the model once and for all.  How?  With a promo of extra tools' value.  In hindsight the HSN/dyson was excellent timing tho I have to question the sales number.  Why? 

I pointed out before that you have no verification of the actual sales number save what HSN says.  Like auction bids and bidders, the more sales buzz/frenzy generated by HSN, the more buyers.  In the past, many of the auction house bidders were shills.  It's one of the oldest cons in the sales business.  Got to have it.  Can't live without it!  Everyones' buying!  DTD vacuum salesmen use to say to the person opening the door, I just sold "x" number in the neighborhood.  Why? To get their foot in the door and do the demo!

BTW, when in recent past/near term future has/will HSN sold/sell new dysons?  All and any intelligence forthcoming on this matter is appreciated.  I seem to recall that one of the dyson campers here awhile back [may have been you DIB] said HSN planned to launch the new dyson ball models/cann.  Ever happen?

FYI: Stock info for HSN:  Note the 52 week hi-lo in red.  It's price is down from its high by almost 70 percent.

HSN, INC. CMN STK

(NasdaqGS: HSNI)

NEW Pre-market Real-time: 6.14 Down 0.81 (11.65%) 3:59pm EThelp

Last Trade:6.15
Trade Time:Oct 31
Change:Down 0.80 (11.51%)
Prev Close:6.95
Open:6.64
Bid:5.66 x 700
Ask:6.25 x 100
1y Target Est:7.00
Day's Range:5.55 - 6.99
52wk Range:3.63 - 16.54
Volume:632,959
Avg Vol (3m):846,707
Market Cap:N/A
P/E (ttm):N/A
EPS (ttm):N/A
Div & Yield:N/A (N/A)
Quotes delayed, except where indicated otherwise. For consolidated real-time quotes (incl. pre/post market data), sign up for a free trial of Real-time Quotes.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 2, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #289   Nov 2, 2008 12:18 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi DIB:

Your zeal for all things dyson is admirable tho grossly misguided and naive.  To your credit and honesty you admitted here that your sales and marketing background is very limited. 

Now, I suspect that HSN and dyson struck a deal to off load an inventory of unsold DC07 vacuums.  Which at the time were 6 years old.  No doubt, in an effort to discontinue the model once and for all.  How?  With a promo of extra tools' value.  In hindsight the HSN/dyson was excellent timing tho I have to question the sales number.  Why? 

I pointed out before that you have no verification of the actual sales number save what HSN says.  Like auction bids and bidders, the more sales buzz/frenzy generated by HSN, the more buyers.  In the past, many of the auction house bidders were shills.  It's one of the oldest cons in the sales business.  Got to have it.  Can't live without it!  Everyones' buying!  DTD vacuum salesmen use to say to the person opening the door, I just sold "x" number in the neighborhood.  Why? To get their foot in the door and do the demo!

BTW, when in recent past/near term future has/will HSN sold/sell new dysons?  All and any intelligence forthcoming on this matter is appreciated.  I seem to recall that one of the dyson campers here awhile back [may have been you DIB] said HSN planned to launch the new dyson ball models/cann.  Ever happen?

FYI: Stock info for HSN:  Note the 52 week hi-lo in red.  It's price is down from its high by almost 70 percent.

HSN, INC. CMN STK

(NasdaqGS: HSNI)

NEW Pre-market Real-time: 6.14 Down 0.81 (11.65%) 3:59pm EThelp

Last Trade:6.15
Trade Time:Oct 31
Change:Down 0.80 (11.51%)
Prev Close:6.95
Open:6.64
Bid:5.66 x 700
Ask:6.25 x 100
1y Target Est:7.00
Day's Range:5.55 - 6.99
52wk Range:3.63 - 16.54
Volume:632,959
Avg Vol (3m):846,707
Market Cap:N/A
P/E (ttm):N/A
EPS (ttm):N/A
Div & Yield:N/A (N/A)
Quotes delayed, except where indicated otherwise. For consolidated real-time quotes (incl. pre/post market data), sign up for a free trial of Real-time Quotes.

Carmine D.

Hello Carmen,

...of your HSN/Dyson conspiracy theory.  You may want to exchange your paranoia for some of my “misguided naive[té]”.  Misguided and naive looks paltry by comparison.

DIB
This message was modified Nov 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Trilobite

Reply #290   Nov 2, 2008 1:10 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
The DC15 is far from dead.  Dyson can do much with this diamond in the rough.  Plug up the air-leak (the debris channel) and it will out-suck all Dyson steerables.  IMO, the DC15’s nozzle is a disaster and needs reworking and should not be all that hard or expensive to do.  The cyclones are a bit heavy and should not be hard or expensive to fix too or simply snapping a Core + Root set of cyclones (and bin) onto a DC15 should not take much effort or cost too.  Change up the color scheme and/or nozzle and/or cyclonic filters and Dyson will have a provable - worlds best filtering, steerable full sized upright.

DIB

P.S.  About 6 months ago, Dyson changed up the color schemes on their oldest vacuum, the DC07 and bundled it with $50-$90 of Dyson accessories and sold 10,000 units in 12 hours.  The largest one day sale of any Dyson at HSN.  People want Dyson’s no matter how long it has been on the market.

Well it sure ain't on the UK website, neither is the DC18.

The USA site has no sign of the DC15 either. Any that are on sale in the stores, will be old stock that people are not buying.

CarmineD

Reply #291   Nov 2, 2008 5:07 pm
So tell us DIB:

Paranoia and conspiracy theories aside:  Did you say that HSN would launch the new dyson ball models awhile back, and did it? 

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #292   Nov 2, 2008 8:00 pm
CarmineD wrote:
So tell us DIB:

Paranoia and conspiracy theories aside:  Did you say that HSN would launch the new dyson ball models awhile back, and did it? 

Carmine D.

Carmen,

I did post (in advance of the launch) one European patent application demonstrating the Root + Core filtration. I do watch for and follow Dyson on HSN. If and when I see new Dyson products on HSN's webpage I'll post of it here and possible launches. It is Motorhead who speaks of future Dyson products and loose time frames and not me.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #293   Nov 3, 2008 6:46 am
Thanks DIB:

I suspect it was wishful thinking on your part when you posted that HSN had dysons coming up for sale and opined that it might be the latest and greatest ball models.  Turned out to be the same old DC14 with some extras.  

BTW, BEST BUY stores launched a dyson Animal DC25 ball model in its Sunday newspaper supplement for $549.  Same as the All Floors model plus a turbo tool and purple color.  It will be a HARDSELL.  Don't know if it's an exclusive model for BB.  May be, since big box retailers will have even a HARDERSELL at the current price and hard times. 

Talking about hard times, the BB stock price is down over 50 percent from its yearly highs.  I hightlighted in red.  BTW, the numbers are in US dollars.

+2.27 (9.22%)
Oct 31 - Close
  Open: 25.30    Mkt Cap: 11.08B        Dividend: 0.14
  High: 27.07    52Wk High: 53.90     P/E: 13.63    Yield: 2.08
  Low: 24.61   52Wk Low: 20.00   Beta: 1.41    Shares: 412.33M
  Vol: 0.00    Avg Vol: 10.30M    EPS: 3.15    Inst. Own: 78%
After Hours: 24.61 -2.27 (-8.44%) - Oct 31, 5:13PM EDT

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #294   Nov 3, 2008 1:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks DIB:

I suspect it was wishful thinking on your part when you posted that HSN had dysons coming up for sale and opined that it might be the latest and greatest ball models.  Turned out to be the same old DC14 with some extras.  

BTW, BEST BUY stores launched a dyson Animal DC25 ball model in its Sunday newspaper supplement for $549.  Same as the All Floors model plus a turbo tool and purple color.  It will be a HARDSELL.  Don't know if it's an exclusive model for BB.  May be, since big box retailers will have even a HARDERSELL at the current price and hard times. 

Talking about hard times, the BB stock price is down over 50 percent from its yearly highs.  I hightlighted in red.  BTW, the numbers are in US dollars.

+2.27 (9.22%)
Oct 31 - Close
  Open: 25.30    Mkt Cap: 11.08B    
    Dividend: 0.14
  High: 27.07    52Wk High: 53.90     P/E: 13.63    Yield: 2.08
  Low: 24.61   52Wk Low: 20.00   Beta: 1.41    Shares: 412.33M
  Vol: 0.00    Avg Vol: 10.30M    EPS: 3.15    Inst. Own: 78%
After Hours: 24.61 -2.27 (-8.44%) - Oct 31, 5:13PM EDT

Carmine D.

Carmen,

$550 is a lot. So is the $500 Miele  S7 with its costs of the bags. I have not read all posts but have you complained or brought up the cost of the Miele S7 and the bag costs too? It seems only Dyson's are viewable on your radar?   DIB

CarmineD

Reply #295   Nov 3, 2008 1:20 pm
Hello DIB:

Nice diversion from discountinued dysons and dyson ball models not selling. 

When smart, informed buyers spend $500-$1000 on premium made vacuums that last 20 years, most will never quibble over $50-$75 a year for bags.  It's not even on their radar screen.

Now onto your fave brand:  Expensive bagless vacuums with costly filters and regular filter maintenence are a HARDSELL.  Add allergy and asthma sufferers with pets and it's MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.  Solution:  Bagged!   MIELE-S, RICCAR-S, SEBO-s, even ORECK--S.  Why?  For both health and wealth reasons.  Actually makes bagged MIELE-s and others easier to sell.  Add a 6 inch profile with maneuverabilty to boot.  Great for vacuuming under furniture without using tools.  Big time and effort saver.  Just like bags plus the added benefit of no health risk.  Do you really think these customers are worried about spending $15-$20 for a pack of bags several times a year?  Not even on their radar screen. 

The bag cost issue is what it is my friend:  Bagless brand marketing propaganda.  At best it works only once with a bagless vacuum purchase.  Even HARDSELL cashed in his 2 year old dyson for a bagged vacuum.  Case closed.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 3, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #296   Nov 3, 2008 4:17 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Nice diversion from discountinued dysons and dyson ball models not selling. 

When smart, informed buyers spend $500-$1000 on premium made vacuums that last 20 years, most will never quibble over $50-$75 a year for bags.  It's not even on their radar screen.

Now onto your fave brand:  Expensive bagless vacuums with costly filters and regular filter maintenence are a HARDSELL.  Add allergy and asthma sufferers with pets and it's MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.  Solution:  Bagged!   MIELE-S, RICCAR-S, SEBO-s, even ORECK--S.  Why?  For both health and wealth reasons.  Actually makes bagged MIELE-s and others easier to sell.  Add a 6 inch profile with maneuverabilty to boot.  Great for vacuuming under furniture without using tools.  Big time and effort saver.  Just like bags plus the added benefit of no health risk.  Do you really think these customers are worried about spending $15-$20 for a pack of bags several times a year?  Not even on their radar screen. 

The bag cost issue is what it is my friend:  Bagless brand marketing propaganda.  At best it works only once with a bagless vacuum purchase.  Even HARDSELL cashed in his 2 year old dyson for a bagged vacuum.  Case closed.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Smart people? A $500-$1000 vacuum purchase plus another $1000-$1500 in vacuum bags over 20 years is somehow smarter than purchasing a brand-new $500 Dyson every five years?

Health risk? You guys say there is no health risk in our carpets, that it's just dust, harmless dust?

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #297   Nov 3, 2008 4:25 pm
Dyson is reported as having more sales than the previous year...

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/3805379.Dyson_sales_soar_in_UK_rating/

Replies: 288 - 297 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42