Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Bissell Garage Pro . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Bissell Garage Pro . . .
Original Message   Oct 31, 2008 9:11 am
Hi Carmine,

So as not to divert the path of thought on the other thread, a link to the Bissell site re the garage vac I mentioned follows.   Suggested retail is $229.00.  Costco is selling it for $169.00 and I don't think it would get consideration if the rice were any higher.

This vac has a 32-foot hose, can handle wet and dry cleaning plus blowing and has LEDs to alert you if the bin is full when working dry or wet.  Hose and wands are standard household size, not the usual bigger diameter for vacuums intended for heavy duty.  This sort of looks like overkill if the purpose is just for cleaning in a garage.  It's more a central vac wannabe.

http://www.bissell.com/Products/c/canistervacuum/p/GaragePro/product.aspx

There's a link to a brief demo video, etc., plus a PDF download of the user guide there to.

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Oct 31, 2008 by Venson
Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Danorob

Re: Bissell Garage Pro . . .
Reply #6   Oct 31, 2008 5:22 pm
Hello All,

I purchased the "EverStar Garage Vac" at Home Depot on Black Friday 2 years ago - It looks to be identical to the Bissell with the one main difference being the Everstar is Dry Only -  I have used it to death, and it works as well as the day I purchased it.... It was $69.99 and came with the tank, wall bracket, 35foot hose, tool carrier bag, and a nice assortment of tools... I really have nothing bad to say about it.... I have gone nearly 9 months without needing to clean it out, and the suction is still fairly good...

Dan

This message was modified Oct 31, 2008 by Danorob
Venson

Reply #7   Oct 31, 2008 7:06 pm
Danorob wrote:
Hello All,

I purchased the "EverStar Garage Vac" at Home Depot on Black Friday 2 years ago - It looks to be identical to the Bissell with the one main difference being the Everstar is Dry Only -  I have used it to death, and it works as well as the day I purchased it.... It was $69.99 and came with the tank, wall bracket, 35foot hose, tool carrier bag, and a nice assortment of tools... I really have nothing bad to say about it.... I have gone nearly 9 months without needing to clean it out, and the suction is still fairly good...

Dan

Hi Dan,

A happy camper's "yea" vote always counts.  Is yours quiet and how good is its air filtration?  Home Depot, online at least, doesn't appear to be carrying it any longer.  They're offering a wall-mounted vac by Rigid for a $100 and also another from Metro.

Thanks,

Venson

HARDSELL

Reply #8   Oct 31, 2008 7:40 pm
Venson wrote:
I skimmed through the user guide and was surprised to find that Mark J. Bissell applied his signature after stating, "My great-grandfather invented the floor sweeper in 1876. Today, BISSELL is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and service of high quality homecare products like your BISSELL Garage Pro™ vacuum."  It sounds as if Bissell is attempting to infer that the Garage Pro is all its own.  Probably time to get your wading boots. The you-know-what's piling up awful high.

In any event, this machine fitted with a thermal shut-off device may prove to be more trouble than its worth in that the user guide recommends inspecting and cleaning or washing its primary filter every 15 to 30 days.  It also has a washable secondary filter.  No mention of an exhaust filter was made. Normal cleaning with a vac this size (four-gallon capacity) should mean far less need for attention.

Venson

Carmine already has it so deep that we may need chest waders or a boat if it gets deeper. 
CarmineD

Reply #9   Nov 1, 2008 7:34 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Carmine already has it so deep that we may need chest waders or a boat if it gets deeper. 

HARDSELL wrote:

More proof that Carmine can't comprehend.

Hello HARDSELL: 

Back at you my good friend.  Who doesn't read and comprehend?  I haven't posted on this thread [yet] and you judged my unwritten comments.  If you read my response to Venson I said I hadn't seen the BISSELL garage pro vacuum yet.  When I do, then I'll comment.  Don't need to be a vacuum enthusiast and/or industry professional to do this.

BTW, how's your golf game these days.  Improved?  Gotten worse with the new $2000 clubs?  Have you returned the clubs because they don't work?  Or like MOLE said, you plan to hang them up in the garage [along side the unused CVS] so they'll last longer.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 1, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42