Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 270 - 279 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #270   Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm
Hello Dusty:

Thanks for the end space description.  Dyson and other vacuum retailers pay for the BEST BUY end space ["cap" as it's called  and/or "premier retail space/prime real estate"] and dictate to the retailers what models to display in that space. 

As it was told to me, here's how BB gets around it.  BB uses the DC24 product label [not DC25] on the space and puts the DC18 in the space.  When and if a dyson rep comes in and notices, it's a: Sorry a customer must have just switched them out.  Most customers, save me, never question the difference, in part because dyson vacuum sales/interest year to date are way down at this BB store [and other retail stores around the country]. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 26, 2008 by CarmineD
dusty

Reply #271   Oct 26, 2008 5:52 pm
mole wrote:
Dusty, thanks for your honest reply,i'm glad your hanging in there,you offer your customers product knowledge and service to back it up,Are you selling many dc series canisters?

We have done well with the DC23's, they sell much better than the original DC21's simply because of the way they empty.  We carry both models in store but for the extra $50 the customer usually goes with the 23 every time.  As far as sales go, in the over $500 vacuum range, the Dyson canisters are second only to Riccar canisters for us.

Dusty
This message was modified Oct 26, 2008 by dusty
CarmineD

Reply #272   Oct 27, 2008 9:02 am
mole wrote:
Question for the VACUUM DEALERS.

Have you noticed a big drop off in customers asking questions about the DYSON brand?

Its been months since vacuum shoppers even ask us about it anymore.

Please only the true vacuum dealers reply,i dont need any biased company propoganda.

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

Does retired count?  If so, here's my take on dysons.  A decent bagless vacuum.  Nothing special.  Made with the same cheap foreign labor and parts as most others in the industry.  Over-priced.  Over-engineered.  Over-marketed.  And over-rated by most here save the independent vacuum store owners/operators who know the business and its products.  Would I carry if still in business?  Yes, of course.  Why?  For customers who specifically ask and want and to be an authorized service dealer to have access to the parts.  Consumers are better educated on bagless and dysons now that it has a track record in the US.  No longer an unknown entity with a honeymoon period.  And the ASA has curtailed its usage of false/exaggerated product claims. Future for dysons?  Niche vacuum, if it survives.  To do so, it has to re-invent itself for the hard times. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 27, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #273   Oct 27, 2008 9:24 am
Hi Carmine,of course your opinion counts,even though you are supposedly out of the CLUB or LOOP, I believe that the market is more fierce now than ever before,everyone needs that EDGE.Would you sell factory  returned or refurbished machines with a good warranty by you[not DYSON], save the customer a lot of bucks and you the retailer makes more also,I think that you would why not,this is the edge that the dealers have over the big box retailers,Half the price of new sounds real good to the consumer right now doesnt it,

I think that DYSONS are going to be a must have product for the high tech  crowd,who think they are really getting something special than just a vacuum cleaner.

Just my outlook at it.

Regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #274   Oct 27, 2008 12:51 pm
mole wrote:

I think that DYSONS are going to be a must have product for the high tech  crowd,who think they are really getting something special than just a vacuum cleaner.

Just my outlook at it.

Regards

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

The hi-techs are falling precipitously in the current global market too and some will not survive the fall.  They won't be buying/trading $500 plus vacuums in the near future.  Maybe $200-$250 dysons which should be possible by the end of this year.  The rebuilt classics, that their parents/and grand parents owned/used, will look good to them.  Not just for the retro-itis fact alone but due to price, performance, and fond memories.

Carnine D.

This message was modified Oct 29, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #275   Oct 30, 2008 2:04 pm
I thought awhile back that one of the dyson campers [DIB was that you?] said Wal*Mart stores would carry an exclusive new dyson ball either the DC24/25 in an Animal version.  Haven't seen it yet so asked.  And I hear otherwise.  WM stores will not carry any exclusive/specific dyson models for the Holiday season save on the WM Internet Site.  WM store locations will be hit or miss on the shelves with the brand and models.  What gives?  Did WM and James have another falling-out ala shades reminiscent of 2004?

Any official confirmation forth coming?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #276   Oct 30, 2008 9:06 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I thought awhile back that one of the dyson campers [DIB was that you?] said Wal*Mart stores would carry an exclusive new dyson ball either the DC24/25 in an Animal version.  Haven't seen it yet so asked.  And I hear otherwise.  WM stores will not carry any exclusive/specific dyson models for the Holiday season save on the WM Internet Site.  WM store locations will be hit or miss on the shelves with the brand and models.  What gives?  Did WM and James have another falling-out ala shades reminiscent of 2004?

Carmine D.

Didn't look at the price but Dyson's DC14 Animal is the only model of that brand they had out today.  As for the new, they've picked up on a new Bissell meant to compete with Hoover's garage vac which I hadn't imagined all that big a seller. 

Am I touched in the head or would this for all intent and purpose simply be a lesser version of a central vac?

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #277   Oct 31, 2008 7:23 am
Venson wrote:
Didn't look at the price but Dyson's DC14 Animal is the only model of that brand they had out today.  As for the new, they've picked up on a new Bissell meant to compete with Hoover's garage vac which I hadn't imagined all that big a seller. 

Am I touched in the head or would this for all intent and purpose simply be a lesser version of a central vac?

Venson

Hi Venson:

I haven't seen the BISSELL competition for the HOOVER garage vacuum.  I'll keep my eyes open for it.  My thought too:  A scaled down central vacuum.  BTW, I like the HOOVER garage vacuum but it's nothing special. 

I would not be surprised if dyson enters this market too with products.  I'm surprised it hasn't already.  It is ideally suited for it.  Why?  It could easily use canister and upright components of existing models to fabricate a worthy garage/central vacuum cleaner.  And skirt the weakness that has plagued many dyson models:  Perfecting a brush roll more suited for American usage than European.  How?  Use one of the many power heads already on the market for a CVS.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 31, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #278   Oct 31, 2008 8:51 am
For all across the pond: What's the latest information on the Westfield Mall due to open next week in London?  Likely for all the space to be filled with retailers?  Optimistic/pessimistic prediction for its opening success?  Any vacuum brands/vendors to be there, presumbably dyson?  I believe there is a German connection to the Mall and Westfield Group [Commerzbank AG], any MIELE/SEBO presence?

Thanks in advance for any intelligence forthcoming.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #279   Oct 31, 2008 6:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

Carmine,
I say “The hell with Walmart and their cutthroat ways”.  It maybe a necessary evil (to sell product), but it’s an evil nonetheless.  I saw the DC25 Animal there many months ago and did not say if it was a WM exclusive.

Today, I saw a Los Angeles Target offering these Dyson models:
DC25 Animal
DC25 All Floors
DC24 All Floors
DC17
DC14

DIB

Replies: 270 - 279 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42