Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trilobite

New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk
Original Message   Aug 4, 2008 3:49 pm
The 'Freedom' and 'Slalom' uprights, and the 'Xarion' cylinder cleaner. All employ 'Airvolution' technology.

You'll have to wander about the Argos site yourselves, as I can't be bothered battling with the silly formatting of pictures on this forum, and the website linking didn't work either.

Replies: 84 - 93 of 116Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: New UK Hoover ranges at www.argos.co.uk
Reply #84   Oct 6, 2008 11:31 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

It doesn't take genius to parlay $7.5 MILLION in legal winnings into $1.6 Billion in 7 years.  I could have done just as well, if not better, right at my computer with an investment in Berkshire Hathaway. 

Jealous?  Of money?  Me?  You're the one that always brings it up.  Not me.

Money is never a measure of human success.  At my age, I measure my success by the number of people who I want to love me;  if they actually do.  Not to worry.  You are not on the list.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

This is the second time you claim to have what it takes to become a billionaire (or at minimum, a multi-millionaire).  Stop.  Please.

Google - billionaire + "James Dyson".  Lots and lots of people like a good come from behind story...  see for yourself.        DIB
This message was modified Oct 7, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #85   Oct 7, 2008 7:03 am
DIB/HS:

I'll respond to you offline, so this thread stays intact and on subject.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #86   Oct 23, 2008 2:34 pm
Below are 2 screen captures from 2 television commercials/adverts...
Top photo:  Dyson DC24 “Ball” advert.  Launch date: April, 2008 (approximately).
Bottom photo:  Hoover UK “Slalom” advert.   Launch date: Sept, 2008 (approximately).

•   Both women are wearing the same style of skirt.
  •   Both women are wearing the same colored skirt.
  •   Both women have the same/near same styled shoes.
  •   Both women are pushing their vacuums around block-styled white/off white furniture/cabinetry.

Hoover UK,...  lazy or leaders?

DIB

This message was modified Oct 23, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #87   Oct 23, 2008 2:38 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Hoover UK,...  lazy or leaders?

DIB

Hello DIB:

It's the same old lesson for you and dyson to learn [aka Economics 101]:  It's not who does it first.  It's the one who copies the best and sells it for less!  

I suggest dyson get a new macro/mico economist. 

BTW, the "Slalom" looks and sounds much more exciting and appealing than the "Ball."  Maybe dyson needs a new marketer too.  Not to mention the 475 dyson engineers who thought it was clever to use all the leftover ball wheels from the barrows on the dyson vacuums.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 23, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #88   Oct 23, 2008 3:09 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

It's the same old lesson for you and dyson to learn [aka Economics 101]:  It's not who does it first.  It's the one who copies the best and sells it for less!  

BTW, "Slalom" sounds much more exciting and appealing than "The Ball."  Maybe dyson needs a new marketer too.

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

It is a proven fact those who are first usually own the market.

Your love for communist sponsored Chinese "rip the throat of margins and jobs" TTI, is well...  un-American.  You speak like a poor man (always on the side of cheap goods at any cost) and not like the rich man you claim to be or can be obtained easily.  It is the same old lesson, just another day...  jealousy of Dyson.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #89   Oct 23, 2008 3:18 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hey Carmine,

It is a proven fact those who are first usually own the market.

Your love for communist sponsored Chinese "rip the throat of margins and jobs" TTI, is well...  un-American.  You speak like a poor man (always on the side of cheap goods at any cost) and not like the rich man you claim to be or can be obtained easily.  It is the same old lesson, just another day...  jealousy of Dyson.

DIB

Hello DIB:

First doesn't mean anything in the market except first in the market.  The owner, your term, of the market goes to the brand/brands who offer the best products for less.  The facts are that TTI Floorcare sells the most vacuums yearly and GE in the 1960's was the first to market with a vacuum using a ball wheel [which failed miserably].

BTW, the Headquarters for TTI Floorcare is located in Glenwillow, Ohio.  That's in the USA, not Communist China. 

And alas, I'm just a poor old retired American living the life of luxury in Las Vegas, Nevada!  That's in the USA too.  Now tell me again: Who exactly should be jealous of whom?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 23, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #90   Oct 23, 2008 9:07 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

BTW, the "Slalom" looks and sounds much more exciting and appealing than the "Ball."  Maybe dyson needs a new marketer too.  Not to mention the 475 dyson engineers who thought it was clever to use all the leftover ball wheels from the barrows on the dyson vacuums.

Carmine D.

You should hgve learned a lesson in the past few years.  Hoover (your almighty brand) was a first to cut prices.  Also first to go under.

Dyson did it to you again.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #91   Oct 23, 2008 9:23 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

First doesn't mean anything in the market except first in the market.  The owner, your term, of the market goes to the brand/brands who offer the best products for less.  The facts are that TTI Floorcare sells the most vacuums yearly and GE in the 1960's was the first to market with a vacuum using a ball wheel [which failed miserably].

BTW, the Headquarters for TTI Floorcare is located in Glenwillow, Ohio.  That's in the USA, not Communist China. 

And alas, I'm just a poor old retired American living the life of luxury in Las Vegas, Nevada!  That's in the USA too.  Now tell me again: Who exactly should be jealous of whom?

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

After Dyson brought to market his DC15 “The Ball” he looked around and saw he had absolutely ZERO COMPETITORS in his innovative, all new, and all to himself category...  the steerable category.

After Dyson brought to market his DC18 “Slim” he looked around and saw he had absolutely ZERO COMPETITORS in his just established, and all to himself category...  the steerable category.

After Dyson brought to market his DC24 “Ball” he looked around and saw he had absolutely ZERO COMPETITORS in his 3 year old, and all to himself category...  the steerable category.

After Dyson brought to market his DC25 “Ball” he looked around and saw he had absolutely ZERO COMPETITORS in his 3 year old, and all to himself category...  the steerable category.

... since 2005 Dyson continues to own or monopolize and make great profits from the category he invented...  the steerable category, all the while his lazy competitors do nothing.  Too funny.

DIB
This message was modified Oct 23, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #92   Oct 24, 2008 7:04 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hey Carmine,

... since 2005 Dyson continues to own or monopolize and make great profits from the category he invented...  the steerable category, all the while his lazy competitors do nothing.  Too funny.

DIB

Hello DIB:

Just because a brand produces and markets a product with a feature and/or gimmick that is unique/first to market is of no sales consequence unless and until the general buying public embrace it and purchase.  I hear that the new dyson ball models [DC24/DC25] like the DC15 before are among the hardest dysons to sell and worse for sales.  The filter requirements for maintenance are more time consuming and burdensome on these new dyson ball models than the older DC15 ball, which add to their unpopularity.

You'd think after the DC15, the DC18, and the DC24/25, dyson would cut his loses and forget the steerable vacuum market, as you call it.  But, typical of privately held companies run by engineer/designers who control the thoughts and actions of their Boards, they just keep trying until they get it right.  Dyson did the same with the contra rotating washer for years.  It sold 1400 units in its best year [before returns].  A major dyson sales flop.  And the reason engineer/designers make terrible CEO's.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 24, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #93   Oct 24, 2008 7:36 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You should hgve learned a lesson in the past few years.  Hoover (your almighty brand) was a first to cut prices.  Also first to go under.

Dyson did it to you again.

Sorry HS, I missed this post from you.  I was not ignoring you.  HOOVER was and still is a mighty brand in comparison to most, including dyson.  Did I tell you, in a match off of the $549 DC17 Animal vice the $70 HOOVER TEMPO at the local BEST BUY store, the sales people picked the TEMPO hands down.  I agreed to buy whichever was the better of the two.  That's why I bought.

Carmine D.

Replies: 84 - 93 of 116Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42