Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 243 - 252 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #243   Oct 5, 2008 5:17 pm
Out of sheer curiousity, does anyone have any sales/performance data to post/report on the dyson DM cann in Japan?  The dyson DM cann has been exclusively in that market now for over a year.  That's enough time for a dyson newsy to post/report about the success of its latest vacuum technology. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 5, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #244   Oct 5, 2008 5:58 pm
Moose,

I must thank you for digging into the patent office.  The uplight is more art than having mass appeal.  And a limited run is part of selling this light.  This fellow has a ceiling fan patent too, you probably have seen it.

This new Airblade website should of been in place on day 1 of the Airblades launch.  IMO, this is better than the Oreck site I recently praised and its uses of video makes it the best of all Dyson’s sites thus far (IMO).

Thanks for the article too.        DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #245   Oct 5, 2008 6:24 pm
Dyson Digital Motors in future vacuums...

I believe getting the Dyson vacuum/s into the top 1, 2, or 3 rankings at Consumer Reports is much more important than bringing even more expensive Dyson Digital Motored vacuum/s to America.  Like it or not CR has millions of folks who trust it and huge national television shows (with millions of viewers) also interview CR on vacuum cleaners, Dyson is often mentioned as not getting top or near top rankings.  NOT GOOD!        DIB

Venson

Reply #246   Oct 5, 2008 10:49 pm
Hi DIB,

A good vacuum cleaner is a good vacuum cleaner thus a vacuum not rated as number one by CR does not rule out its being a viable choice for purchase.  Even better, what CR has begun to do is let in fresh air by allowing the input of readers whether their yea or nay proves agrees with a CR rating or not. 

I checked CR's reader reviews re the DC21 and with a vote window of one to five stars, ten owners of this Dyson canister appeared pleased.  Out of up to five stars, users ratings averaged to an overall score of four.  Even though some deemed its power cord too short, thought it a tad noisy and a little heavier than they'd like they still like the cleaner a great deal.  Those issues raised by actual owners makes it understandable the Dyson did not get higher marks.

Dyson uprights, got points off for noise and cetain models that did not have a manual pile height adjustment also ranked as at least "good."

Though I can't understand why a vacuum manufactured by an "icon," and that costs $500, has a short power cord  and needs to be quieter, I give way as they are selling. But I understand that.  No vacuum satisfies everyone or anyone down to the nth degree but if you like you like it.  I have not bought a Dyson -- and won't be buying one -- but I have in past bought vacuums that did not get CRs highest scores and felt pleased with the purchase nonetheless. 

Scoring "good" is often good enough. for people who don't don't necessarily worry over how a vacuum works as long as it does the work they bought it for.

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #247   Oct 6, 2008 8:46 am
Hi Venson:

Does it say if the 10 DC21 reviews are done by dyson engineers/workers?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 6, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #248   Oct 6, 2008 9:14 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Dyson Digital Motors in future vacuums...

I believe getting the Dyson vacuum/s into the top 1, 2, or 3 rankings at Consumer Reports is much more important than bringing even more expensive Dyson Digital Motored vacuum/s to America.  Like it or not CR has millions of folks who trust it and huge national television shows (with millions of viewers) also interview CR on vacuum cleaners, Dyson is often mentioned as not getting top or near top rankings.  NOT GOOD!        DIB

D.I.B

A digital motor is not going to help DYSON'S consumer reports ratings, The motor is a very small factor in the way a vacuum cleaner picks up dirt.

B.T.W cyclones and location of cyclones and if it uses 1 or 200 DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING.

Dysons is ranked right where it should be and are lucky thats where they are...........Im sorry i cant sugarcoat this opinion.........

ITs the way the whole system works.....

MOLE

Venson

Reply #249   Oct 6, 2008 12:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

Does it say if the 10 DC21 reviews are done by dyson engineers/workers?

Carmine D.

Hiya Carmine,

The reviews appear legit.  Matter fact one out the ten isa highly unfavorable.  However the remainder speak well of the DC21 save for mention, far more than once, I stated before. It took a little doing but I'm sending you a PDF re the DC21 comments.

Best,

Venson

DysonInventsBig

Reply #250   Oct 6, 2008 1:33 pm
mole wrote:
D.I.B

A digital motor is not going to help DYSON'S consumer reports ratings, The motor is a very small factor in the way a vacuum cleaner picks up dirt.

B.T.W cyclones and location of cyclones and if it uses 1 or 200 DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING.

Dysons is ranked right where it should be and are lucky thats where they are...........Im sorry i cant sugarcoat this opinion.........

ITs the way the whole system works.....

MOLE

Mole,

Dyson has said the DDM increases airflow by as much as 1/3rd, this increase will help with filtration tremendously.  If Dyson were to 86 the floating nozzle and install a brushroll with full rows of tuffs, he would indeed rise considerably in CR’s rankings.

The distributing of dust ladened air into multiple tapered cyclones is science.  All the major players are copying Dyson’s lead in this type of science.        DIB
This message was modified Oct 6, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #251   Oct 6, 2008 4:41 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya Carmine,

The reviews appear legit.  Matter fact one out the ten isa highly unfavorable.  However the remainder speak well of the DC21 save for mention, far more than once, I stated before. It took a little doing but I'm sending you a PDF re the DC21 comments.

Best,

Venson

Thank you Venson.  I got them earlier today.  I'll read and cogitate on them.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #252   Oct 7, 2008 2:05 pm
Venson wrote:
Hiya Carmine,

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson:

Thanks for taking the time and effort to send these CR reviews to me in a PDF format.  I read through them and found them very sincere and informative.

If I recall, the longest ownership, and therefore usage, by the 10 users is 6 months with several saying only a month or two.  Most of the 10 did not say the period of ownership and usage.  I would like to know that information when I read a customer's vacuum review.  I would be interested to hear from owners/users after say a year: i.e when the honeymoon period is over.  Hence, my reason in part for asking about the performance of the latest dyson motor technology: The digital motor. 

Just to add to what you already said about the reviews:  One user wished the power head came with a light [no relation to me].  Another user wished the head had a rug height adjustment [again, no relation to me].  And still another user said the dyson DC21 was pet friendly, having a yellow lab who gradually adjusted nicely to the dyson cann [no relation to me and/or my yellow lab].  Since I have harped or carped [as MOLE would say] about these features for dysons and other vacuums, I found them interesting coming from others.

Thanks my friend.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 7, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 243 - 252 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42