Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Stan "The Man" Kann . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Stan "The Man" Kann . . .
Original Message   Oct 2, 2008 7:07 pm
For those to whom the name may not be familiar, I've tossed in this link to an article remembering Stan Kann.  If there was ever an ultimate historian as regards vacuum cleaners, he was it.  I never did get to see this man in the flesh but did see him on the Tonight Show many times.  If anyone should at some point learn of what is going to happen with his collection, I'd be glad to learn of it,

http://www.bnd.com/news/state/story/487975.html

Venson

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Stan "The Man" Kann . . .
Reply #1   Oct 3, 2008 7:08 am
Hi Venson:

Thanks for the link.  Stan the Man is a legend in his own time.  His love for vacuums is the stuff of fairy tales.

BTW, Charlie Lester interviewed Stan about 10 years ago for an article that appeared in the VCCC {Vacuum Cleaner Collectors Club] magazine.  It's worth the read.  If you go to the internet/VacuumLand Web Site to read, Charlie includes a bunch of neat pix of the marvelous metal monsters of yester year.  Talk about patentable art form of the first order: These are the real deal.............. just like Stan.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 3, 2008 by CarmineD
Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Reply #2   Oct 4, 2008 2:54 am
Yes, this was very sad news.  Thankfully I had been able to visit him a couple times in the past couple years, and he was a fascinating man.  What really stood out about him is that each of his machines had a story behind them. 

Here is the link to the actual Stan Kann interview page:

http://www.137.com/stan/
This message was modified Oct 4, 2008 by Vacuuman
CarmineD

Reply #3   Oct 4, 2008 8:02 am
Vacuuman wrote:
Yes, this was very sad news.  Thankfully I had been able to visit him a couple times in the past couple years, and he was a fascinating man.  What really stood out about him is that each of his machines had a story behind them. 

Here is the link to the actual Stan Kann interview page:

http://www.137.com/stan/

Thanks Vacuuman:

Stan Kann: A Wonderful Life!

Venson

Reply #4   Mar 28, 2009 7:02 am
Hi,

For the collectors, it's a most remarkable day. over 70 models from Stan Kann's vacuum collection are up for auction on eBay. First bid must start at $17,475.00. "Buy-it now" price is $22,900.00.

Venson
This message was modified Mar 28, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #5   Mar 28, 2009 7:19 am
Hi Venson:

Thanks for the info.  FIne collection and I truly hope it brings the money desired.  But in the current economic conditions, I have some doubts.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42