Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > CURRENT DIRT DEVIL REACTION LOOKING FOR BETTER VACUUM--PLEASE HELP

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
laford1986

CURRENT DIRT DEVIL REACTION LOOKING FOR BETTER VACUUM--PLEASE HELP
Original Message   Sep 12, 2008 10:09 pm
Hello, I currently have a DIRT DEVIL REACTION.  Loved it for the first 18 months, but now it seems that  the canister leaks dust all over the vacuum, and I can smell it.  If you adjust the beater bar down enough to sweep the carpet, it wears out the belt.

I am looking for an upright.  I do not need any attachments.  Would like a direct drive, (no belts), and possibly go back to a bag, (less mess).

any advice would be greatly appreciated

larry ford

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Re: CURRENT DIRT DEVIL REACTION LOOKING FOR BETTER VACUUM--PLEASE HELP
Reply #1   Sep 12, 2008 10:46 pm
I would strongly suggest looking at a Sebo or Riccar/Simplicity Tandem Air machines.  These machines all use permanent belts that last the life of the machine, and are guaranteed to by their makers.  Find a local dealer and try one, much more impressive in person than any description I can write.
CarmineD

Reply #2   Sep 13, 2008 6:47 am
Hello Larry:

Please tell us a little more about your housecleaning needs [floors and carpets] and your vacuum budget.  This will enable us to recommend more choices.  BTW, with the exception of some lightweight uprights [like ORECK], most full size uprights nowadays come with on board attachments.

The current Consumer Reports magazine [October 2008] does a review of vacuums.  You may want to pick up a copy and read it.  It is a useful guide for background and comparison purposes.  It rates the RICCAR/SIMPLICITY uprights in the top ten with grades of Excellent in barefloor and rug cleaning and pet hair removal.  These 3 tests constitute the crux of the CR vacuum performance measures/ratings.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 13, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #3   Sep 13, 2008 7:38 am
Hi Larry,

Look into a rebuilt ELECTROLUX pro lux, discoveryii, genesis,2500,3500, or proteam/pullman holt upright.

Just compare the features of all the different uprights,and you will know why people cant say NO to aerus/electrolux products.

The lindhaus activa,and health care pro run a real close second, The build quality on both products are really above the rest.

Regards

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #4   Sep 13, 2008 6:47 pm
laford1986 wrote:
Hello, I currently have a DIRT DEVIL REACTION.  Loved it for the first 18 months, but now it seems that  the canister leaks dust all over the vacuum, and I can smell it.  If you adjust the beater bar down enough to sweep the carpet, it wears out the belt.

larry ford

Hello Larry:

According to the Dirt Devil Web Site, the Reaction models come with a 4 year warranty on the vacuum parts and motor.  You may be able to get a replacement dirt bin under warranty just for the effort of asking.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 13, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42