Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > BOSCH Formula Electro Duo

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
ElvisPresley

BOSCH Formula Electro Duo
Original Message   Aug 19, 2008 11:23 pm
After some advice here, I bought a BOSCH Formula Electro Duo. it was 499 minus 20% at linens and things. It came with the turbo nossel as well.
Although my wife likes it because it's light, I have my doubts. I am a product designer, and know more than the average person about design and manufacturing. My main complaint are the quality of the plastic parts--especially the attachments. I would like something that would last at least ten years, and i know the bosch won't. It's not well built, although it does have some nice design touches.
I visited the five closest independent dealers, and wasn't impressed with them. Perhaps it's because I'm in an area where most people don't have much money. No one had the verve in stock, and the hoover dealer didn't have their most recent model. So, while i still have time to return the bosch, I wondered if you had any recommendations. someone on craigslist is selling a miele redstar for 200 bucks. is that a good vacuum? One dealer had a riccar 1500 for $550, which seemed nice, but it's more than I'd like to pay.
If anyone can tell me what and where to get something good, i'd appreciate it. I'd like to keep it less than 500 bucks.
-Ben
Replies: 12 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ElvisPresley

Re: BOSCH Formula Electro Duo
Reply #12   Aug 21, 2008 3:30 pm
I guess the kenmore i had was a bargain, then. Too bad the quality has gone down.
How about the meile redstar? Any good for my needs?
You can get them used for 150 on ebay.
Ben
Venson

Reply #13   Aug 21, 2008 4:07 pm
ElvisPresley wrote:
I guess the kenmore i had was a bargain, then. Too bad the quality has gone down.
How about the meile redstar? Any good for my needs?
You can get them used for 150 on ebay.
Ben

Hi Ben,

A pre-owned Red Star with Miele's better adjustable power nozzles would be a good choice IF you can find one in tip-top condition.  (Try higher pile height settings for thick carpeting and if stalling occurs, try reducing motor speed slightly or opening the suction bleed valve slightly).

Being a frequent shopper on eBay I strongly advise that you not only carefully review sellers' posts but their feed back as well.  The more they've sold, the easier it is to get a good picture of whether or not those who have bought from them came out happy campers.  You can easily communicate with sellers of any item you have in mind through eBay.  If a particular seller is not very communicative -- look elsewhere.

If pictures in the post are not adequate, ask if more image files can be sent to you.  Though it wont tell the whole tale, its best that images of the bag chamber are available.

Do not deal with anyone who offers only a "flat" rate for shipping as opposed to an actual rate.  Some sellers try to cover all fronts to get the price they really want by marking up the actual cost of shipping and handling.  Ask for the shipping weight of the item and go to UPS website to learn the proper rate.  All you have to do is enter your zip code and the seller's zip code plus the weight and approximate size of the package.  Many eBay sellers have an automatic link up just for this purpose.

As for you your wife's possible worry over allergens, search for and order new filters for the used machine of your choosing unless the seller has already replaced used ones with new.  Genuine Miele bags and replacement filters can be found for nice prices on eBay.  High filtration bags for my S5980 can be found for around $15 or $16 for a package of five not including shipping.  Repllacement HEPAs are of course higher.

Venson

This message was modified Aug 21, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #14   Aug 21, 2008 4:26 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I'm looking for a new Lamborgini for around $38,000....

Hello Lucky1:

Think I saw one on eBay.  Not sure yet if I'm allowed to post about it. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 21, 2008 by CarmineD
Venson

Reply #15   Aug 21, 2008 4:44 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I'm looking for a new Lamborgini for around $38,000....

Forget it.  I bought it already.

Venson

mole

Reply #16   Aug 21, 2008 4:50 pm
Venson,you bought the 08 gallardo,with the carbon fibre package for how much?, did you have a gun with you..................

MOLE

Venson

Reply #17   Aug 21, 2008 4:54 pm
mole wrote:
Venson,you bought the 08 gallardo,with the carbon fibre package for how much?, did you have a gun with you..................

MOLE

No!  They were holding one on me.

Venson

mole

Reply #18   Aug 21, 2008 4:57 pm
Oh now i see they wanted to take your lambo for a test drive, and left you their gun as a collateral

MOLE

ElvisPresley

Reply #19   Aug 21, 2008 10:43 pm
I don't know about a Lamborgini, but I can get you a Maserati for about $5,000. Not the best car produced under this brand, however.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/default.aspx?make=Chrysler&model=TC%20by%20Maserati
Replies: 12 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42