Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Original Message   May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

ORECK - The business, the history, the machine, the man and related.

(Below: Oreck 1979 to 2008)

< yr. 1979  < yr. 5/2008

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 183 - 192 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Reply #183   Aug 3, 2008 8:11 am
This responds to a question raised here about the uses of the ORECK-s that are returned within the 30 day home trial period.

According to several of my ORECK sources, these returns are shipped to ORECK Clean Home Centers nationwide and used as loaner vacuums when non-ORECK brands are brought in for repairs.  In hopes of converting the vacuum users to the ORECK brand after using.  Apparently, the sales technique/promotion works.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 3, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #184   Aug 3, 2008 8:26 am
Hows the pricing on the repacks.

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #185   Aug 3, 2008 9:05 am
The ORECK Clean HOME stores I've visited sell used ORECK-s.  These are usually ORECK trade ins.  Tho, I suspect at some point the loaner ORECK-s are also sold as used vacuums, if a customer is interested in buying and doesn't have the funds to buy a new one. 

I recently saw a used XL Classic [made and sold in 2004] priced and bought in an ORECK store by a customer for $100. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 3, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #186   Aug 3, 2008 9:11 am
A great buy,how can you go wrong for 1 bean..............

MOLE
HARDSELL

Reply #187   Aug 3, 2008 9:52 am
mole wrote:
A great buy,how can you go wrong for 1 bean..............

MOLE

By purchasing an Oreck.
dusty

Reply #188   Aug 3, 2008 11:24 am
CarmineD wrote:
This responds to a question raised here about the uses of the ORECK-s that are returned within the 30 day home trial period.

According to several of my ORECK sources, these returns are shipped to ORECK Clean Home Centers nationwide and used as loaner vacuums when non-ORECK brands are brought in for repairs.  In hopes of converting the vacuum users to the ORECK brand after using.  Apparently, the sales technique/promotion works.

Carmine D.

They are also sold to dealers as "show" specials at a reduced rate and a 1 year warranty and are never in short supply.

Dusty
CarmineD

Reply #189   Aug 20, 2008 7:49 pm
FYI:  Recently there was some discourse about the new CRI green label seal of approval and which vacuum brands are approved.  A question was raised about ORECK's certification.  At the time, I opined that ORECK, which has always received the CRI seal of approval since CRI's inception, was on the vendors'  list of brands with vacuums submitted for the new CRI green label seal of approval.  But, the final ORECK-CRI test results probably were not available yet and ready to publish.

Well, here's the final results and the latest on ORECK's XL and the CRI green label approval/cert:

http://www.vacuum-ratings.com/carpet.cfm

BTW, the above site came from the side banner of this Web Site.  It is an ORECK advertisement.  But, imbedded in the write-up is the actual CRI Web Site which the reader can click on to view/verify ORECK's CRI Green Label seal of approval/cert.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 20, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #190   Aug 22, 2008 7:14 am
I went to the snopes Web Site recently to research a subject of an email I received.  Lo and behold plastered all over the snopes site is Dave and ORECK with sales ads through Sept 1.  Here's the site.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

He's everywhere!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 22, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #191   Aug 22, 2008 7:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I went to the snopes Web Site recently to research a subject of an email I received.  Lo and behold plastered all over the snopes site is Dave and ORECK with sales ads through Sept 1.  Here's the site.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

He's everywhere!

Carmine D.

The main expense in the Oreck is the advertising.   With out ads the parts would likely cost $50.
CarmineD

Reply #192   Aug 23, 2008 7:03 am
I wouldn't doubt the amount.  I know that the HOOVER Convertibles were estimated to cost about $12 for parts to produce at the end of the 50's after only several years of production.  By the early 90's the parts' cost was probably still the same and perhaps less.  Such are the cost benefits and advantages of using the same design and applications in product production for many years.  It's called economies of scale.  In part, the reason that the retail prices of products should trend down over time.

Add labor costs [people] and overhead [which includes advertising] to the parts' cost and these bring the cost of the product up.  There are 3 main components to factor into a product's unit costs:  Labor, Material and Overhead.  While one [or more] may go down, the other component[s] may go up.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Aug 23, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 183 - 192 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42