Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

OCEAN BLUE,
Original Message   Jul 18, 2008 5:49 pm
Heres something for you all to check out,THE OCEAN BLUE,

Looks like rexairs cousin,the power head and tools are top shelf..............

MOLE

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: OCEAN BLUE,
Reply #11   Jul 20, 2008 7:20 am
Big V ,

WESSEL-WERKS AND CEN-TEC  are the 2 biggies in [ATTACHMENT WORLD],

Sort of like the REDSOX and YANKEES RIVALRY.

MOLE
Venson

Reply #12   Jul 20, 2008 11:29 pm
Hi Mole,

Good stuff to know.  Thanks for passing on the info on about Cen-Tec.   Just checked out its website -- http://www.centecsystems.com/index.htm

Cen-Tec appears to manufacture a coupe lines of vacums for Europe besides accessories.  I also saw the "Sears" power nozzles in its line of products. 

However, how does this work?  Do Cen-Tec and Wessel-Werks solicit manufacturers or is the other way round?  For instance, when a new machine design is in the works by a manufacturer, does the company merely look through a catalog of some sort to pick and choose ready-made accessories?  Does either Cen-Tec or Wessel-werks manufacturer to designer specifications?

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Jul 20, 2008 by Venson
mole

Reply #13   Jul 21, 2008 7:24 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Mole,

Good stuff to know.  Thanks for passing on the info on about Cen-Tec.   Just checked out its website -- http://www.centecsystems.com/index.htm

Cen-Tec appears to manufacture a coupe lines of vacums for Europe besides accessories.  I also saw the "Sears" power nozzles in its line of products. 

However, how does this work?  Do Cen-Tec and Wessel-Werks solicit manufacturers or is the other way round?  For instance, when a new machine design is in the works by a manufacturer, does the company merely look through a catalog of some sort to pick and choose ready-made accessories?  Does either Cen-Tec or Wessel-werks manufacturer to designer specifications?

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson,

As far as i know cen-tec and  wessel-werks are strickly in the attachment business, cen-tec is very heavily involved with the central vacuum market, they private label for a host of central manufactures,The SEARS powernozzles have been centec for many years [this is why the sears canisters were always at the top of the pack in ratings] ,

Wessel-WERKS is the CEN-TEC of Europe,many vacuum mfg's in europe use Wessel-Werks,[EVEN DYSON],

Note, that SEBO, LINDHAUS, make their own powerheads,

The market is closed to the average over the counter consumer,you are referred to your closest dealer[ usually a vac shop or central vacuum dealer]. Im currently working on buying direct from the motor manufactures.

The more you buy the better the deal, you have to make it worth your and theirs time..............

later,,,,

MOLE
Motorhead

Reply #14   Jul 21, 2008 5:09 pm
Hi Mole and Venson,

Thanks for the information about Cen-Tec and Wessel-Werk.  I haven't yet used the quiet-drive type (hopefully it doesn't differ too much from the original), but I've always thought the geared belt Cen-Tec was (and still is) a great powerhead in both construction and performance.  Talk about a tried-and-true time tested design, I hope those will continue to be produced and offered for centrals many years from now. 

-MH
Mister_Bojack

Reply #15   Jul 23, 2008 1:56 pm
Just looked at their website and the different product lines.. The Fakir upright look like a re-badged/updated Clarke Combi, but I don't know whether or not that machine is still in production.
Mister_Bojack

Reply #16   Jul 23, 2008 1:56 pm
About the Ocean Blue: Does it have decent suction?
Venson

Reply #17   Jul 23, 2008 4:58 pm
Mister_Bojack wrote:

That I'd be curious to know as well.  Sounds a little off the wall but it has been explained to me that Rexair/Rainbow, for one, has never been noted for stellar suction because if suction is too high water will be sucked into fan chamber and/or motor.  Separators in these machines are meant to fling away water droplets that  fly  up from the basin.  I have heard of no formula describing the ratio of spin versus airflow required for them do their Iob. 

My guess is that you'd have to increase the distance between the water line and the separator and depend more on gravity to compensate for the extra water being whipped up by higher airflow.  The result, I think, would mean a not necessarily practical increase in size of the unit.  These machines are not popular due to weight already.  More bulk wouldn't help.

Venson

mole

Reply #18   Jul 24, 2008 9:26 am
Mister_Bojack wrote:

It has enough to pull the dirt and dust into the tank. Standard issue rainbow e series motor , working suction around 70'' cfm,close to 85.........

mole

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #19   Aug 1, 2008 4:48 am
Venson wrote:
 No it wasn't the Hyla but may have been called the Robot.  I know one water-type machine under this name was sold in Euroe for a time. It was almost a dead ringer for the Rainbow SE.  If my recall is correct, a similar machine was put into production in Mexico and a lawsuit came out of that.  I did a search and there is a U.S. Court of Appeals PDF document that I can't get to download that appears to mention the matter.

What I can't recall is whether Ocean Blue is the same blue-colored machine that was being advertised on TV here and there.  That machine did not have the Wessel-Werk power nozzle.

Venson

To be brief, the lookalike Rainbow was ROBOT.  I remember seeing the machine and noticing how much it looked like a Rainbow. 
Rexair wanted the company to make the Rainbow for them.  Later, this company backed out and made their own Rainbow lookalike.  Rexair did not like that, so they took them to court and vise versa. There have been other companies who have ventured on their own, to make their own version of a well known vacuum cleaner brand.

This Ocean Blue is owned by a company I would not get involved with, IMHO.  They sell more than vacuum cleaners and air cleaners.

I have seen the Ocean Blue before under a different name.  It used the same color scheme, but had a cheap hose, plastic wands, and a cheaper power nozzle.  With the OB, I noticed that they added a metal panel around the machine(the previous brand had grey plastic where the metal panel is), added a better hose and deluxe W-W nozzle.  The price is higher also.
Venson

Reply #20   Aug 1, 2008 1:22 pm
Thanks Mike.

Venson

Replies: 11 - 20 of 20Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42