Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 190 - 199 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
dusty

Reply #190   Jul 6, 2008 6:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Dusty:

What happens to the ORECK-S that get returned within the 30 days? Well good buddy, I don't know.  Not a clue.  But I will ask my ORECK sources and post.

What I do know with absolute certainty is this:  I bought an ORECK XL Classic and use it daily.  Getting ready to right now.  I was so impressed and pleased I bought 3 more and will buy more no doubt.  I gifted the 3 to family members who use them almost exclusively for their rugs and floors.  Tho they have other vacuums.  They are completely as satisfied with their ORECK-s as I am. 

I have several very dear and close friends for many years who also own and use ORECK-S.  Old to very new ORECK-s.  They are pleased too. 

I have several neighbors here in LV too who own and use ORECK-s..  The same is true for them.  I know a store owner of a mailing service here in NLV who actually asked his store workers [both men and women] to match a new ORECK against a new dyson DC07.  I posted about it a year before I bought my ORECK.  The winner by unanimous decision after several weeks of use and still:  Yep, the ORECK, hands down, no contest.  Even the store worker who supplied her DC07 for the test, liked the ORECK [purchased by the store owner] better.  BTW, the store owner is a life-long ORECK user.

In my entire life and my 40 plus years of vacuum career, I've known only two dissatisfied ORECK users.  That's HS and MOTOR.  While I don't doubt their opinions, they certainly and unequivocally do not speak for all the ORECK users I know, including myself.  That's what the 30 day free home trial is for.  To weed out the 2 ORECK users that I know in 40 plus years.

Carmine D.

Did you ever sell Oreck in your store?  Was there a reason you did or didn't?

Dusty
This message was modified Jul 6, 2008 by dusty
HARDSELL

Reply #191   Jul 6, 2008 9:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Dusty:

What happens to the ORECK-S that get returned within the 30 days? Well good buddy, I don't know.  Not a clue.  But I will ask my ORECK sources and post.

Most likely Ol Dave cleans em and sells them and includes a free gift. On the othe rhand he may just scrap them as they are useless anyways.

What I do know with absolute certainty is this:  I bought an ORECK XL Classic and use it daily.  Getting ready to right now.  I was so impressed and pleased I bought 3 more and will buy more no doubt.  I gifted the 3 to family members who use them almost exclusively for their rugs and floors.  Tho they have other vacuums.  They are completely as satisfied with their ORECK-s as I am. 

I used my DC07 regularly for three years.  It cleaned so well that there was no need to use it daily.  I have recommended Dyson to many who then purchased them.  Not one is unhappy with their purchase.

How did you explain to then that you were wrong about Hoover being the best and that you should have recommended Oreck way back when.

I have several very dear and close friends for many years who also own and use ORECK-S.  Old to very new ORECK-s.  They are pleased too. 

Likely because they are too weak to use a FULL SIZE vacuum.  Also likely that they do not know the difference in an Oreck and a great vacuum. 

I have several neighbors here in LV too who own and use ORECK-s..  The same is true for them.  I know a store owner of a mailing service here in NLV who actually asked his store workers [both men and women] to match a new ORECK against a new dyson DC07.  I posted about it a year before I bought my ORECK.  The winner by unanimous decision after several weeks of use and still:  Yep, the ORECK, hands down, no contest.  Even the store worker who supplied her DC07 for the test, liked the ORECK [purchased by the store owner] better.  BTW, the store owner is a life-long ORECK user.

Again, likely old and weak neighbors who only want to move the dust around the room.  Can't handle a FULL SIZE vacuum.  We had another regular member on another forum who used Dyson daily in his business.  He even vacuumed sheet rock dust with no problem.  I am sure his Dysons was put to the a more stressful test than the vacuums in a mailing service. 

What did the Oreck owner like better about the Oreck?

In my entire life and my 40 plus years of vacuum career, I've known only two dissatisfied ORECK users.  That's HS and MOTOR.  While I don't doubt their opinions, they certainly and unequivocally do not speak for all the ORECK users I know, including myself.  That's what the 30 day free home trial is for.  To weed out the 2 ORECK users that I know in 40 plus years.

I do not know any dissatisfied Dyson owners.  My step father owns Oreck but actually admitted that it is for the weight only and does not do a very good job.  You ceertainly and unequivocally do not speak for all the Dyson users. I assure you that there are more than two dissatisfied Oreck users.  Read owner/user opinions.

Carmine D.

We have all read this over and over and over and over.  You are happy with your Oreck and I am sure that all are happy for you.  I like Dyson and was very satisfied with my DC07.   Will own another when I choose to purchase.  No need for you to repeat for the umpteenth time about how I sold mine. No need for me to repeat how you bashed Dyson and told all that Hoover was the best.  After you were proven wrong on every account you grasped Oreck.  Glad you like it.

What you say about the Oreck pretty well sums up my same experiences with Dyson. 

YOU HAVE LIED, TWISTED WORDS AND SUBJECT MATTERS, TOLD HALF TRUTHS AND DENIED ALL OF IT.  YOU RUIN EACH THREAD WITH ALL YOUR BASHING.  YOU SOUND LIKE A COMEDIAN WITH STALE JOKES.

NOW, START YOUR OWN ORECK THREAD AND I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE NO MEMBER WILL MENTION DYSON ON IT BEFORE YOU.

CarmineD

Reply #192   Jul 6, 2008 9:37 pm
dusty wrote:
 Did you ever sell Oreck in your store?  Was there a reason you did or didn't?

Dusty

Hello Dusty:

I mentioned before but don't mind again.  Not new ORECK-s.  Tho, I met Dave and had the opportunity if I wanted.  Prince of a man.

Sold ORECK-s used, repaired, and sold parts.  Not a real demand for new ORECK-s at the time.  (1949-1992).  Like now, ORECK is a niche market.   I was authorized as a dealer for sales and service for HOOVER, EUREKA, WESTINGHOUSE and Panasonic.  Space was a premium for me.  I didn't have the room.

If and when a generic lightweight was wanted/needed, one of these above makes/models fit the bill nicely.  If they asked specifically for a new ORECK upright, then I referred them to dealer who was a friend.  I wanted and got nothing for the referrals.  Did the same for new GE's, Kirby-s, Luxes, and Rainbows.  Didn't carry but referred to business friends who did.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 6, 2008 by CarmineD
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #193   Jul 8, 2008 4:31 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
My DC07 and DC14 was very to push and pull because the head did not sink into the carpet as you imply.   Never got the ratcheting noise. 

Your case (as are you ) is and odd one.

I've never had any issues with my DC07 with the head sinking into long thick carpet pile nor when I used to use a DC03 (first Dyson to have the brush control switch setup!) and DC04!  I in fact I found it easier to push on long thick pile carpet!

DC18

mole

Reply #194   Jul 8, 2008 4:38 pm
DC18, I REALLY DONT BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT, You must of used with the brush off or the belts were broken.............
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #195   Jul 8, 2008 5:05 pm
mole wrote:
DC18, I REALLY DONT BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT, You must of used with the brush off or the belts were broken.............

Well Mole believe it I did say that.  Thats up to you if you choose to believe different.  No, all my Dysons have fully working brush bars, with fully working belts.  No the only time the brush bar goes off is on hard floors!  Brush bar is always ON on carpets.  I know a vast amount of people with Dysons that use them on different flooring and different thickness of carpets with no issue at all.

Like HARDSELL says it's just the odd person that seems to have an issue!  Some people do and some don't have any issues!   Thats like that with most products!

DC18

DysonInventsBig

Reply #196   Jul 8, 2008 5:27 pm

Mole,

It is plausible DC18's carpet fibers are spread enough apart and/or criss cross each other allowing for additional airflow to enter the vacuums mouth, making it grip less and pull into on the carpet less.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #197   Jul 8, 2008 7:26 pm
So, why haven't we seen one poster here and/or any comments critical of dyson scrubbing the clutch-brush bar shut off feature lock stock and barrel.  Not a one.  In 5 years.  No one says it is missed, needed, should be used.  Not a one.  Where's the swell of outcries in support by dysoners to bring it back?  If its sooo good, wouldn't this be the normal expected reaction? 

Vacuumfreake, a self-admitted dyson junkie, says the set up in the DC14 is ridiculous.  Can't understand dyson's thinking on it.  Is he the odd user?  If so, why didn't any one call him that when he posted this several weeks back.

Vacuumfreeeke wrote:

Well, I got my first Dyson and I'm not sure I made the right choice.  .......After cutting at least 2 pounds of hair and white stuffing off the brushroll............. there was dog hair caked all over the vacuum in the brushroll housing.  I cleaned it as well as I could... which isn't easy because of the fact that Dyson makes the vacuum so users can't remove their own belt/brushroll (very stupid if you ask me, but I'm sure they get a lot more money for service). 

The dyson clutch brush bar shut off design, form and function is most worthy of an award for the worse ever set up utilized on an upright vacuum in over 100 years in the USA.  If any other manufacturer did it, it would be the scourge of all posts here.  Just as VF called it.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 8, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #198   Jul 8, 2008 8:12 pm
Carmine, I replied to your orginal post, before you added/re-edited.        DIB

CarmineD wrote:

If the clutch shut-off and brush bar is not a problem why did dyson eliminate the feature on all models after and for the last 5 years and still? 

I do not have enough knowledge of this vacuum’s history and will not comment.

Ball feature came back!  Surely, if its sooo good then it has to be a worth while feature to employ.  A good thing.

The lighter weight Ball line is genius.  Opinions matter nil, number of sales and/or profits and satisfied users do matter much, we’ll have to wait and see.  The state of our economy will have a great influence on folks buying $400 plus Dyson’s like they did freely in our past/better economy.  Certainly like always the Dyson and only Dyson will be the most desired and talked of vacuum/s in a normally innovatively dull industry.

Dyson should have kept it.   Especially since no other vacuum on the market uses this clutch/brush bar feature.  Is this too like the dyson pre-motor filter that is sooo good it never clogs and needs cleaning [but once a year] and now needs it every month?

My suggestion…  if filter cleaning every 1, 3 or 6 months is going to send you over the edge, then don’t buy.

Vacuumfreake, a self-admitted dyson junkie, says the set up in the DC14 is ridiculous.  Can't understand dyson's thinking on it.  Is he an odd user?  

Is Vacuumfreake a Dyson junkie?  I did not get this impression.

Vacuumfreeeke wrote:

Well, I got my first Dyson and I'm not sure I made the right choice.  .......After cutting at least 2 pounds of hair and white stuffing off the brushroll............. there was dog hair caked all over the vacuum in the brushroll housing.  I cleaned it as well as I could... which isn't easy because of the fact that Dyson makes the vacuum so users can't remove their own belt/brushroll (very stupid if you ask me, but I'm sure they get a lot more money for service). 

Carmine, you suck the fun out of our debates. - Taking his post out of context and asking us to reply is exhausting.  Did this vacuum get white stuffing, his family’s hair and his pets hair wrapped around the brushroll by simply cleaning once around his home?  How did all this stuffing and hair get there? – Please explain.        DIB

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 9, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #199   Jul 9, 2008 6:48 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Vacuumfreeeke wrote:

Carmine, you suck the fun out of our debates. - Taking his post out of context and asking us to reply is exhausting.  Did this vacuum get white stuffing, his family’s hair and his pets hair wrapped around the brushroll by simply cleaning once around his home?  How did all this stuffing and hair get there? – Please explain.        DIB

Carmine D.

Hey DIB Man:

VF's post is not out of context here.  It is the crux of the weakness of this dyson feature on DC07/14.  Having a yellow English lab, who sheds year around, in concert with brand new wool loop rugs, the dyson DC07 struck out big time in my home.  Why? Read on, please.

The puny dyson brush bar got dog hair and new rug wrap stuck around it after a few passes while the brush bar ratcheting noise would go on and off constantly.  [I sent pics of my dyson brush bar to Acerone back in September 2006.  As an illustration that the brush bar is flawed for USA household use].  Didn't happen with the HOOVER WT and doesn't with the ORECK.  NEVER!

How many pets are in USA households?  70 million according to the US Humane Society.  How many have the problem?   

As part of my conversations with the dyson HELPLINE over several days and weeks, it told me to use the dyson suction hose to remove the rug and hair wrap.  It said it was causing the ratcheting noise problems.  Really?  Problem is, it took me 20 minutes to cut it off, before I could vacuum it up.  Then after a few more passes, same thing all over again with the gawdawful ratcheting noise.  Ops there goes another dyson refurb.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 9, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 190 - 199 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42