Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 248 - 257 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #248   Jul 6, 2008 6:31 pm
Hey DIB:

How about that for late breaking news!  Wonderful.  What store location?

Still angry with WM now for 'shafting" dyson?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 6, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #249   Jul 6, 2008 9:25 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hey DIB:

How about that for late breaking news!  Wonderful.  What store location?

Still angry with WM now for 'shafting" dyson?

Carmine D.

Did I read that WM will not stock or sell any of the new Dysons.

Would you care for more crow?

Common Crow

Motorhead

Reply #250   Jul 7, 2008 12:16 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hey DC18:

Like I said, it's the normal course of business.  The DC07, to answer Matt, stayed the course not because of its popularity.  It's not that good for rug cleaning.  Evidence: Kapoc rug test and less than mediocre Consumer Reports ratings especially for carpet cleaning. 

There's just so many DC07 and 14-s that were made and sold to big box retailers that are still on shelves and warehouses unsold after 6 years.  Plus, dyson adding new models every year competing for sales with all of these old models.  

The reason Wal*Mart never carried the dyson line.  But reluctantly agreed to exclusive models which struck out 2 times, 3 if you count the DC07 All Floors.  Not because Wal*Mart, the largest US big box retailer, didn't want the latest and greatest.  It did.  But it wanted to discount the old models to make room.  Dyson had a hissy fit.  And Wal*Mart kicked dyson out.  At least until dyson gravolled back.

The prices on these new DC07-s are dropping fast as well in the USA.  So are their refurbs.  And as you would expect, there are alot of dyson DC07 refurbs.

Carmine D.

You can't be serious.  Did you pull this information out of your Depends?  Or are you just looking at Oreck's inventory again.  I think if James himself were to comment he would describe it as a "complete load of bollocks".

The truth of the matter is that like any other Dyson, the DC07 and 14 can't be sold fast enough!  Just look at DIB's posting about the HSN-exclusive DC07 selling 10,000 units in one day alone.  One day.  Imagine that!  Dysons are sold within 60 days of production to both big-box retailers and independents.  After that they fly off the shelves as usual.  So no, the only Dyson models you see at Wal-Mart or wherever are current machines.  Produced within the past year at the earliest.

And no, the DC07 will not be "scrubbed".  Far from it.  Same goes for the DC14 and DC15 (if you are an independent you can still order brand new DC15 Animals).  Besides the HSN-exclusive model, the DC07 Animal will be sold through independents, and the yellow DC07 will be a mail-order-catalog version. 

There go your fairy tales again!

-MH
Motorhead

Reply #251   Jul 7, 2008 12:29 am
CarmineD wrote:
Wal*Mart and dysons for you menshckins.  Most of the dyson models WM carries must be purchased through the internet site if customers order.  By shipping to the store of choice free or paying shipping costs.  The dyson models are not stocked on the WM shelves save one and that dyson is getting rare to find on shelves.  The exclusive DC07 Original.

The WM dyson exclusive Original DC07 MAYBE available on some store shelves.  This is the dyson that was part of the kiss and make up agreement between dyson and WM.  The WM Web Site admonishes shoppers to check the store location for availablilty.  The exclusive dyson agreement between WM and dyson expired.  Not renewed.  Why?   I answered that already.  2 year warranty for $379 on the DC07 Original.  5 year warranty for $320 on the DC07 All Floors.  Dah?  Which would you buy? IF you have $300 for a vacuum and are shopping at WM/big box stores for a vacuum?  It's a  hard one so think before you answer.  Here's a clue:  Fry's is currently selling the new DC07 for $289 with a 5 year warranty.  And many other retailers too. 

Carmine D.

Here is the DC07 Original still listed on the WM website.  I was also at Wal-Mart the week before last and saw it on the shelves as well. 

The ONLY reason I can think of if the DC07 Original does eventually disappear from the shelves, would be due to what I mentioned above, and to make way for another WM-exclusive Dyson machine.

-MH
CarmineD

Reply #252   Jul 7, 2008 6:30 am
Motorhead wrote:

And no, the DC07 will not be "scrubbed".  and the yellow DC07 will be a mail-order-catalog version. 

-MH

Hello Motor:

I heard BEST BUY still has unsold DC07 All Floors dysons that were dumped on it by dyson in the Wal*Mart/dyson take back in 2005.  Wow.  That was over 3 years ago and the WM dyson stock is still unsold.  Probably will be selling at huge discounted prices too.  No wonder HSN/dyson had to change the TV DC07 color scheme.  Never sell it for $379 if the DC07 All Floors are selling for $280 [before store discounts and give backs].  If the buying public only knew. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 7, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #253   Jul 7, 2008 6:34 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Did I read that WM will not stock or sell any of the new Dysons.

Would you care for more crow?

Common Crow

No HS:  Wouldn't want to deprive you of your favorite daily dessert: Blackbird pie!

Carmine D.

Motorhead

Reply #254   Jul 9, 2008 3:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Motor:

I heard BEST BUY still has unsold DC07 All Floors dysons that were dumped on it by dyson in the Wal*Mart/dyson take back in 2005.  Wow.  That was over 3 years ago and the WM dyson stock is still unsold.  Probably will be selling at huge discounted prices too.  No wonder HSN/dyson had to change the TV DC07 color scheme.  Never sell it for $379 if the DC07 All Floors are selling for $280 [before store discounts and give backs].  If the buying public only knew. 

Carmine D.

Carmine, here's another example of a lie you repeat so often you believe it.  And I for one am not going to let you get away with it. 

The first Dyson that was sold at Wal-Mart was called the DC07 Carpet, with no clutch as I'm sure you know.  The second model was the (currently sold) DC07 Original, and it is also blue in color.  NO DC07 ALL FLOORS MODELS WERE EVER SOLD AT WAL-MART, EVER.  That is another one of your fairy tales that Wal-Mart "dumped" them on Best Buy.  Which, of course, is simply not possible.  Another one of your fantasies.  Did you pull that one out of your Depends too? 

Time for more crow!

-MH
This message was modified Jul 9, 2008 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #255   Jul 9, 2008 5:14 pm
Hey Motor Man:

Have to disagree with you Motor Man.

After the DC07 All Carpet [shortlived] MSRP of $359, came the DC07 All Floors yellow.  W*M's selling of the DC07 All Floors for the roll back price on the All Carpet [$319] caused the dyson-WM break up in 2005. 

Dyson was forced to take back all the remaining DC07 All Floors in W*M stock.  Why?  W*M threatened to dump the dysons for cost on the retail sales market.  Dyson caved big time and took back all the DC07 All Floors from W*M.  Then dumped them all on BEST BUY, the store that launched dysons in 2002. 

After the kiss/make up between dyson and W*M, the W*M exclusive Original for $380.  Now being cleared out for $320.  Ironically, the roll back price on the DC07 All Carpet and DC07 All Floors. 

What was your authoritative source for 4 Million new dysons sold in the USA in 2007?  Bad source. 

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Jul 9, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #256   Jul 10, 2008 7:07 am
Motor man:

The actual violation by W*M was advertising the dyson DC07 ALL Floors yellow [$399 MSRP] for $319, the roll back price on the DC07 All Carpets [MSRP $359].  The advertised price reduction on the DC07 All Floors violated the infamous dyson MAP of 10 percent.

The irony?  Now W*M advertises the DC07 Original [MSRP of $389] for $320.  No problems now with dyson!  I'd say W*M won the battle and the war.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 10, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #257   Jul 16, 2008 3:28 pm
Acerone wrote:
The history behind all the Dyson uprights. Here's one Dyson vacuum that I haven't seen before. The first one in this video. Video

Here is more video of this groups visit with Dyson…

Microbiology Lab

James roughs up a DC24

Replies: 248 - 257 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42