Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > “Anything” Dyson that makes news.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   Jun 28, 2008 12:41 am

Dyson is in the news frequently and so a dedicated thread.

This message was modified Aug 2, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 170 - 179 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Reply #170   Jul 6, 2008 8:33 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

Having a product that does not satisfy the smallest segment of consumers is by no means a bad thing.         DIB

DIB:

From dyson product literature:

A dyson vacuum cleaner has excellent dirt pick-up from ALL surfaces-not just carpets.

It doesn't say except some.  In fact it's one of 4 reasons dyson says customers should buy dysons.

Well, Dusty: Mr. Wordsmither, what do you think when dyson uses the collective ALL versus me?  Gets a pass?  Like LNT and BBB?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 6, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #171   Jul 6, 2008 8:38 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I do enjoy these conversations (much of the time), when you are right I have no problem saying so.        DIB

Who makes that determination?  You?  The dyson fans?  Me?  Let me know, I want to meet the person.

The truth is the truth, regardless if no one believes it.  A falsehood is false even if everyone believes it. 

Carmine D.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #172   Jul 6, 2008 8:54 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
DC,

You're saying this auto-height adjustment (non-motorized) still requires a manual switch?  Thanks.        DIB

DIB

Sorry misread your point, the Sebo Felix is fully manual height adjustment no auto involved!

Be interesting to see how a non-motorized auto height adjustment mechanisium works!

DC18

DysonInventsBig

Reply #173   Jul 6, 2008 9:01 am
DC18 wrote:
DIB

Sorry misread your point, the Sebo Felix is fully manual height adjustment no auto involved!

Be interesting to see how a non-motorized auto height adjustment mechanisium works!

DC18

No problem.        DIB

dusty

Reply #174   Jul 6, 2008 11:44 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Thanks.  I read a Sebo patent that said it had a non-motorized auto height adjustment mechanisium.  Sebo said one of the advantages to non-motorized was that motorized was problematic due to motor failure or alike.  Have  you or anyone ever seen a Sebo non-motorized height adjustment?        DIB

Hi DIB,

Add the Sebo G3 to the list of manual height adjusted units. It's basically a commercial version of the X4 series.  Odd about the problem of motor failure..I think I've only ever replaced one of the servo units in all the time we've carried Sebo.

Dusty
dusty

Reply #175   Jul 6, 2008 11:52 am
CarmineD wrote:

With regard to the ORECK upright, its well documented here by me in discussions with MOLE that even the most expensive ORECK upright won't work well on high pile shags.  And ORECK store staff are specifically told to ask/nix the sale if customers have these carpets.  Nothing new from you, my man.  I said it first.

CR do their testing on a medium pile carpet, not high pile shag. 

Dusty
DC18

Reply #176   Jul 6, 2008 12:17 pm
dusty wrote:
Hi DIB,

Add the Sebo G3 to the list of manual height adjusted units. It's basically a commercial version of the X4 series.  Odd about the problem of motor failure..I think I've only ever replaced one of the servo units in all the time we've carried Sebo.

Dusty

One thing I like about the Sebo X4 automatic motorised height adjustment apparently it takes into consideration brush ware on the brush bar.  Only thing you can't do with the X4 is turn the brush bar off!  Well not on the UK models!

DC18

DC18

Reply #177   Jul 6, 2008 12:17 pm
dusty wrote:
Hi DIB,

Dusty

One thing I like about the Sebo X4 automatic motorised height adjustment apparently it takes into consideration brush ware on the brush bar.  Only thing you can't do with the X4 is turn the brush bar off!  Well not on the UK models!

DC18

mole

Reply #178   Jul 6, 2008 12:40 pm
You Guys are getting a little warmer,take a look at the sebo,X series,the windsor commercial machine,the aerus/electrolux legacy/commercial upright,The lindhaus powerhead,the wessel works ebk series powerheads, even the old centec 600 series powerhead,they are very similar in the way they are set up.

As far as i know electrolux started this trend with the PN1,back in 1960.........They are now in their seventh series powerheads,

Simply stated the aerus/electrolux powerhead and attachments can not be touched.Often copied but never duplicated,

Aerus/electrolux is the ICON of vacuums. You are free to challenge me any time you want to about it................

MOLE

dusty

Reply #179   Jul 6, 2008 1:12 pm
DC18 wrote:

DC18

Can't turn it off on US / CDN models either.  That said, it doesn't seem to really matter as all the Sebo's perform well on hard surface.

Dusty
Replies: 170 - 179 of 624Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42