Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 188 - 197 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #188   Jun 28, 2008 1:46 pm
mole wrote:
Why dont you tell us about the lifetime filters and how much they cost to replace?

Lifetime[WHOS]?

MOLE

Mole,

I am only a student of Dyson.  Please share the models, their maintenance schedule/s and costs to replace.  Is it dreadful?        DIB

This message was modified Jun 28, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

mole

Reply #189   Jun 29, 2008 2:18 pm
Then i think you would gain a lot more knowledge from Sir Carmine D, than J.D. , Carmine is a living legend in this industry, He may not be right %100 of the time, he's only human. If Carmine is stumped on a particular vacuum cleaner question he has his own TEAM  of industry professionals that can set him strait.

He speaks the truth and knows when its hype,b.s., and the smoke and mirror  dog and pony show.

Heres something you can try with any dyson upright,place a metal wand about three feet long on a carpet,and see if your vacuum can pull it across the carpet,this will tell you how much airmovement and suction thats being delivered at the cleaning head,go ahead and try it and get back to me about it.

I know that my 149.95 sanitaire upright will do it,and many more machines also. And heres the best part none of them use cyclonic bagless technology.They never had to.

MOLE/ OLD-TIMER......................

CarmineD

Reply #190   Jun 29, 2008 3:52 pm
Thanks MOLE.  I get by with a little help from my friends. Like you! 

That's a wonderful rug test for uprights.  Tho the rookies here will cry 'trick' of the trade in defense of the poor showing by their brand.  I like to call it the truth of the trade. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 29, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #191   Jun 29, 2008 7:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks MOLE.  I get by with a little help from my friends. Like you! 

That's a wonderful rug test for uprights.  Tho the rookies here will cry 'trick' of the trade in defense of the poor showing by their brand.  I like to call it the truth of the trade. 

Carmine D.  

Your Oreck will not do itt.  Neither wll the Oreck hand held.   All those Hoovers you bragged about had the worst hose suction on the market.   
HARDSELL

Reply #192   Jun 29, 2008 7:40 pm
mole wrote:
Then i think you would gain a lot more knowledge from Sir Carmine D, than J.D. , Carmine is a living legend in this industry, He may not be right %100 of the time, he's only human. If Carmine is stumped on a particular vacuum cleaner question he has his own TEAM  of industry professionals that can set him strait.

He speaks the truth and knows when its hype,b.s., and the smoke and mirror  dog and pony show.

Heres something you can try with any dyson upright,place a metal wand about three feet long on a carpet,and see if your vacuum can pull it across the carpet,this will tell you how much airmovement and suction thats being delivered at the cleaning head,go ahead and try it and get back to me about it.

I know that my 149.95 sanitaire upright will do it,and many more machines also. And heres the best part none of them use cyclonic bagless technology.They never had to.

MOLE/ OLD-TIMER......................

Mole or Carmen,

which in your opinion has the best hose suction.  DC14, Royal Eminance or Kirvy Sentria.

CarmineD

Reply #193   Jun 29, 2008 9:39 pm
HS:

I presume you addressed this jointly to MOLE and/or me?  

You didn't specify the method for testing the hose suction of these vacuums.  What method/means did you want us to use for measuring the hose suctions to determine good, better, and best among these 3 uprights? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 29, 2008 by CarmineD
Motorhead

Reply #194   Jun 29, 2008 11:28 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Truth is [since we are being honest] that many vacuum replacement parts are as good if not better than original and less expensive.  Customers oftentimes will specifically ask if there are replacement parts that are less expensive that can be bought/used in their repairs. 

Carmine D.

Thanks DIB.  Carmine, the truth (or should I say irony) is that bojack DYSON parts are actually MORE expensive than genuine.  It would cost the customer more if they brought their machine to a regular vac shop and had non-genuine parts put on it (of questionable quality no less) than it would if they brought it to an authorized DYSON service center.  Due to all of the steps it takes to become an authorized service center for DYSON (benefiting from the assortment of inexpensive genuine parts), it is of no surprise that bojack parts do cost more, due to the lack of desire (or inability) on the owner's part to take the effort to become an authorized service center. 

-MH
Motorhead

Reply #195   Jun 29, 2008 11:33 pm
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

What you, HS and Motor don't comprehend is that many indy-s [not franchised] have access to the same genuine after market parts from the suppliers who make and sell the parts to the vacuum makers as genuines.  And cheaper too than buying through the vacuum maker as a franchisee.  Want proof?  Okay.  Who made the motors for the DC07?  Panasonic.  Do you think you had to be a franchised dyson dealer to buy them?  Of course not!  Sell for $50-$75 over-the counter from any indy.  

That was MOLE's point in several posts about dyson parts, if I remember correctly.  He's right.  It's always been that way when makers outsource the genuine parts to vacuum suppliers.  They have no control over who gets them and for how much. 

Carmine D.

Not true.  That claim does not hold water because if you were to take the motor from a Panasonic AeroBlast and try to fit it in a DYSON upright, it would not work.  DYSON uses a different motor.  Just because the bojack replacement motor is Panasonic-made does not mean the original (or genuine replacement for authorized DYSON service centers) is.

-MH
CarmineD

Reply #196   Jun 30, 2008 6:45 am
Hello Motor:

Replacement parts [even genuines made by suppliers] are subject to price reductions and variations based on the quantity ordered and indy-stores making the purchases. 

A timely store payer with a track record of good payments and large monthly orders may receive the genuine parts from a supplier much cheaper than a dyson franchised store receives from dyson.  Right?  Of course!  Dyson is required by contract to charge the same prices for parts to all its franchisees.  Not a generic parts supplier.  A blanket statement that all replacement parts [even genuines] are more expensive through a parts supplier than through the company [in this case dyson] is wrong.  Each specific part and store would have to be compared.  More truthful, as a blanket statement, is that the dyson parts, especially if outsourced, are more expensive to and from franchised dealers.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 30, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #197   Jun 30, 2008 8:03 am
Motor:

The panasonic motor is just one example.  Vacuum makers, like dyson, who outsource the production of their genuine parts are wonderful for all vacuum stores.  Why?  All stores not just franchised dyson have access to buy the same genuine parts.  And in cases, less expensive than buying from dyson/vacuum maker.  A critical dyson vacuum part [the motor which is the crux of the machine] is available to all [franchised/not] from the supplier [panasonic] who makes/provides the genuine parts to dyson.  Being franchised is totally irrelevant.  In fact, buying from dyson rather than direct will be more expensive since you are paying a middle man [dyson] a profit for handling and processing.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 30, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 188 - 197 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42