Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Original Message   May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

ORECK - The business, the history, the machine, the man and related.

(Below: Oreck 1979 to 2008)

< yr. 1979  < yr. 5/2008

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 129 - 138 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Reply #129   Jun 21, 2008 6:42 am
Even the most ardent anti-ORECK-ers here admit that the ORECK staff and stores are professional and pristine.  Always! 

I have to impute and deduct that the same degree of professionalism goes into the making of the ORECK products, parts, repairs, and warranty coverage.  Despite one or two anti ORECK-ers who may anonymously post otherwise.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 21, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #130   Jun 21, 2008 9:50 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Even the most ardent anti-ORECK-ers here admit that the ORECK staff and stores are professional and pristine.  Always! 

Carmine D.

Once again you are posting as you want it to be and not like it is.

How many here have admitted this?

CarmineD

Reply #131   Jun 22, 2008 6:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Once again you are posting as you want it to be and not like it is.

HS:

I have a habit to stop in and observe vacuum stores in operation.  ORECK included.  Based on my observations, over 50 plus years, ORECK is the model for a vacuum store operation.  Several regular posters here in the vacuum business have made similar comments, not just me.  

Although, MOLE has the patent on the bagless model on display in his showroom floor.  His sales pitch that kills the bagless vacuum sale is poignant.  Some, like DIB who has been conspicuously absent from here by his silence, may say it's a trick of the trade.  I prefer to say that it is the truth of the trade.  The crux of the matter for the bagless vacuum weaknesses.  Sheer genius on MOLE's part, as Lucky 1 attests.

The more appropriate question you should ask is this: Has anyone here ever posted that they found an ORECK store, in the course of their vacuum shopping and buying, that does not have a professional appearance with professional staff?  Inside and outside.  Where are these stores located, if there are any?

As I mentioned of all the 475 ORECK stores opened, not one has ever closed.  A testament to their operations.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 22, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #132   Jun 22, 2008 7:44 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I have a habit to stop in and observe vacuum stores in operation.  ORECK included.  Based on my observations, over 50 plus years, ORECK is the model for a vacuum store operation.  Several regular posters here in the vacuum business have made similar comments, not just me.  

Although, MOLE has the patent on the bagless model on display in his showroom floor.  His sales pitch that kills the bagless vacuum sale is poignant.  Some, like DIB who has been conspicuously absent from here by his silence, may say it's a trick of the trade.  I prefer to say that it is the truth of the trade.  The crux of the matter for the bagless vacuum weaknesses.  Sheer genius on MOLE's part, as Lucky 1 attests.

The more appropriate question you should ask is this: Has anyone here ever posted that they found an ORECK store, in the course of their vacuum shopping and buying, that does not have a professional appearance with professional staff?  Inside and outside.  Where are these stores located, if there are any?

As I mentioned of all the 475 ORECK stores opened, not one has ever closed.  A testament to their operations.

Carmine D.

Just the facts please.

mole

Reply #133   Jun 22, 2008 8:38 am
I dont have the exact numbers but many oreck stores are owned by floorcare professionals that have years in the business. ORECK pays the freight [the overhead] its up to the dealer where he or she wants to take it from there.

A couple of friends of mine own ORECK stores,and have done O.K. because of the constant advertising,which is also payed in part by the dealer group,its built into the price.

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #134   Jun 22, 2008 9:04 am
HS:

The facts speak for themselves as always.  45 years in business and 475 stores nationwide.  ORECK is the standard bearer for lightweight vacuums that all others are measured against. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #135   Jun 22, 2008 1:56 pm
Hello MOLE:

I've talked and still do with the ORECK store owners and managers when I have occasion.  Inevitably they speak highly of the business relationship with ORECK.  Even those who are no longer with ORECK have only praise for the products, people, and business experience.

Many of the ORECK stores' staff people go to ORECK after spending time with other vacuum brands, like Kirby, Electrolux, Rainbow and even HOOVER.  They usually rate ORECK as good, and more often better, than the others for employee-employer relations. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #136   Jun 22, 2008 3:45 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Carmine D.
TELL US WHICH ANTI-OREDKER ON HERE MADE THIS STATEMENT.  THIS IS MY THIRD REQUEST FOR THE INFO AND YOU HAVE FAILED ONCE AGAIN IN ANSWERING.  YOUR HABITIAL LIEING IS COMICAL.
SORT OF LIKE YOUR CLAIM THAT ALL ORECK BUYERS ARE 100% SATISFIED.  WHEN I PROVED OTHERWISE YOU BEGGED TO DROP THE ISSUE.
MOST ARE AWARE OF YOUR BS BY NOW.
CarmineD

Reply #137   Jun 22, 2008 6:12 pm
TELL US WHICH ANTI-ORECKER ON HERE MADE THIS STATEMENT.  THIS IS MY THIRD REQUEST FOR THE INFO AND YOU HAVE FAILED ONCE AGAIN IN ANSWERING.  

My good HS: 

I am the most ardent anti-Orecker, bar none.  Over 40 plus years in the business and never sold a new ORECK.  Turned Dave down when he wanted me to sell them.  Refused.  How much more anti-ORECK can you be?  Even Dusty, who pushes dyson as the best bagless over many bagged vacuums, sells ORECK-s.  Finally I bought one to make my dear Wife happy after she saw and used one many years ago.  She never stopped raving and ranting about it.  Said she loved the way it devoured this white powdery stuff in the store's demo.  She said it would do the same for all the sand.  She was right.  ORECK is the best vacuum we've used in my our home since the HOOVER WT!

Over the course of my 50 years in the vacuum business, I've personally and professionally visited at least 100 ORECK stores nationwide from coast to coast.  Based on my personal and professional opinion, I admit that they are the model for all vacuum stores to emulate. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #138   Jun 22, 2008 6:27 pm
SORT OF LIKE YOUR CLAIM THAT ALL ORECK BUYERS ARE 100% SATISFIED.  WHEN I PROVED OTHERWISE YOU BEGGED TO DROP THE ISSUE.

HS:

ORECK provides a free in home 30 day trial.  If not 100 percent satisfied during that time, customers can return the vacuum free of charge and keep the giveaways. 

I presume if they keep the ORECK-s, they're satisfied.  If not, they don't buy and return.

Carmine D.

Replies: 129 - 138 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42