Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Original Message   May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

ORECK - The business, the history, the machine, the man and related.

(Below: Oreck 1979 to 2008)

< yr. 1979  < yr. 5/2008

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 126 - 135 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Reply #126   Jun 20, 2008 11:19 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Hardsell:  Bag makers (3M included) and vacuum manufacturers do not like the phrase "suction loss", they instead approve and bury in their manuals the clandestine term "Low pressure loss."  Why?  Because the average consumer has no idea what this term means.        DIB

ou are beginning to sound like Carmine.  Call it what you wish.  Performance declines as the bag fills.
mole

Reply #127   Jun 21, 2008 6:15 am
Dear Boneheads.

When a filter bag fills with debris and other objects the suction does not decrease the cfm or the speed of the air starts to decrease, take a bag of your choice loaded to the max install back in the cleaner put your suction meter on the suction port where does the needle go? put a fresh bag in the machine run the test again,where does the needle go? it has the same suction does it not?

Watch how fast the needle moves,theres the trick.

For the last time all vacuums dont loose suction,[except when the hoses or filters are blocked and no air can get through,]

the only usefull meaning in vacuum performance is air movement or cubic feet of air per minute,,,,,,,

Heres another myth but makes for a good pitch, an upright moves the air faster so it must clean better than a tank or canister right,

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #128   Jun 21, 2008 6:16 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You are beginning to sound like Carmine.  Call it what you wish.  Performance declines as the bag fills.

HARDSELL, DIB:

Dyson performance declines as its filters clog.  Even burn out the motor.  Not so with paper bags.  Mr. Dyson and the dyson heads admit this with the latest dysons: DC24/25.  Hence, the reason for the required [read mandatory] filter maintenance to keep the warranty effective.  We also know even the soon to be discontinued dyson models DC07 and DC14 clogged, lost suction, lost performance and burned out motors.  Many have been returned to the big box retailers and indy dealers for those reasons.  These are the dyson refurbs that are flooding the market.  And most likely the reason you will not state the filter cleaning reasons on the latest dyson DC24/25. 

Begs the question: Why should a vacuum consumer pay $500 plus for a dyson with filters that clog [DC24/25] and require mandatory monthly/quarterly user maintenance to keep them clean?  Any big box store vacuum can do as well, if not better, for much less money and work.  Especially if they are not vacuuming the Indy/Daytona 500 race tracks, just their homes.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 21, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #129   Jun 21, 2008 6:42 am
Even the most ardent anti-ORECK-ers here admit that the ORECK staff and stores are professional and pristine.  Always! 

I have to impute and deduct that the same degree of professionalism goes into the making of the ORECK products, parts, repairs, and warranty coverage.  Despite one or two anti ORECK-ers who may anonymously post otherwise.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 21, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #130   Jun 21, 2008 9:50 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Even the most ardent anti-ORECK-ers here admit that the ORECK staff and stores are professional and pristine.  Always! 

Carmine D.

Once again you are posting as you want it to be and not like it is.

How many here have admitted this?

CarmineD

Reply #131   Jun 22, 2008 6:09 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Once again you are posting as you want it to be and not like it is.

HS:

I have a habit to stop in and observe vacuum stores in operation.  ORECK included.  Based on my observations, over 50 plus years, ORECK is the model for a vacuum store operation.  Several regular posters here in the vacuum business have made similar comments, not just me.  

Although, MOLE has the patent on the bagless model on display in his showroom floor.  His sales pitch that kills the bagless vacuum sale is poignant.  Some, like DIB who has been conspicuously absent from here by his silence, may say it's a trick of the trade.  I prefer to say that it is the truth of the trade.  The crux of the matter for the bagless vacuum weaknesses.  Sheer genius on MOLE's part, as Lucky 1 attests.

The more appropriate question you should ask is this: Has anyone here ever posted that they found an ORECK store, in the course of their vacuum shopping and buying, that does not have a professional appearance with professional staff?  Inside and outside.  Where are these stores located, if there are any?

As I mentioned of all the 475 ORECK stores opened, not one has ever closed.  A testament to their operations.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 22, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #132   Jun 22, 2008 7:44 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I have a habit to stop in and observe vacuum stores in operation.  ORECK included.  Based on my observations, over 50 plus years, ORECK is the model for a vacuum store operation.  Several regular posters here in the vacuum business have made similar comments, not just me.  

Although, MOLE has the patent on the bagless model on display in his showroom floor.  His sales pitch that kills the bagless vacuum sale is poignant.  Some, like DIB who has been conspicuously absent from here by his silence, may say it's a trick of the trade.  I prefer to say that it is the truth of the trade.  The crux of the matter for the bagless vacuum weaknesses.  Sheer genius on MOLE's part, as Lucky 1 attests.

The more appropriate question you should ask is this: Has anyone here ever posted that they found an ORECK store, in the course of their vacuum shopping and buying, that does not have a professional appearance with professional staff?  Inside and outside.  Where are these stores located, if there are any?

As I mentioned of all the 475 ORECK stores opened, not one has ever closed.  A testament to their operations.

Carmine D.

Just the facts please.

mole

Reply #133   Jun 22, 2008 8:38 am
I dont have the exact numbers but many oreck stores are owned by floorcare professionals that have years in the business. ORECK pays the freight [the overhead] its up to the dealer where he or she wants to take it from there.

A couple of friends of mine own ORECK stores,and have done O.K. because of the constant advertising,which is also payed in part by the dealer group,its built into the price.

MOLE
CarmineD

Reply #134   Jun 22, 2008 9:04 am
HS:

The facts speak for themselves as always.  45 years in business and 475 stores nationwide.  ORECK is the standard bearer for lightweight vacuums that all others are measured against. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #135   Jun 22, 2008 1:56 pm
Hello MOLE:

I've talked and still do with the ORECK store owners and managers when I have occasion.  Inevitably they speak highly of the business relationship with ORECK.  Even those who are no longer with ORECK have only praise for the products, people, and business experience.

Many of the ORECK stores' staff people go to ORECK after spending time with other vacuum brands, like Kirby, Electrolux, Rainbow and even HOOVER.  They usually rate ORECK as good, and more often better, than the others for employee-employer relations. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 126 - 135 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42