Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Original Message   May 29, 2008 12:41 pm

ORECK - The business, the history, the machine, the man and related.

(Below: Oreck 1979 to 2008)

< yr. 1979  < yr. 5/2008

This message was modified Oct 30, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 114 - 123 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: The Oreck vacuum and everything you wanted to know (hopefully)...
Reply #114   Jun 20, 2008 6:30 am
Dusty:

Obviously, no product pleases everyone.  People being people are all different.  ORECK is no exception.  As are ORECK buyers and users.  But a product that has a 45 year rep and respected standing in the industry with a nationwide network of stores totalling 475 is well on the way to trying.

Even HOOVER, during its glory days of having the majority vacuum market share year after year, had many detractors: They were called Lux, Kirby, Air Way, Filter Queen, EUREKA, and ORECK buyers and users.  And I could mention others.

Air purifiers are not on my agenda.  At least not yet. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 20, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #115   Jun 20, 2008 7:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

The last statement you excerpted and I quoted is the most relavant.  Why?  You went to great lengths to find a few posts that trashed ORECK and praised dyson.  I could do the same with any vacuum brands.  People being people, they all have different likes and dislikes. 

The last statement of your excerpt is key.  Why?  The dyson poster is claiming that the dyson you bought and returned because you were dissatisfied with it, is the best and worth the money.  That contradicts your actions.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

You are partially correct.  A search will reveal both satisfied and unsatisfied customers with all brands.  I coukd have excerpted more than a few posts reporting poor performance from Orecks.

I did not have to go to great lengths to find bad reviews about Oreck.  In fact there are more positive reviews.  The same applies to Dyson.  I agree that preferences vary.  My point is that Oreck users have problems that you deny as existing.  In my research I have found many more incidents of Orecks clogging than Dyson.  No need for you to rehash the Dyson filter clogging.  If a filter does not clog where does the dust go?  Since all vacuums that you favor are know for spewing dust maybe you can answer that.  Burned out belts are a major problem for Oreck. 

It is very possible that the DC 14 was the best vacuum that the poster ever owned since he never owned a DC 07.  That person did claim the Dyson was better than the Oreck.  I owned both and share that opinion.  Where is the contradiction?    BTW,  I never claimed the DC 14 to be a poor performer.  I just prefer the 07.  I also never claimed that my current vacuums are better than Dyson.  You have stated that the Oreck is better than your Hoovers.

This site alone has 5 persons giving 5 stars to Dyson and one giving 4 stars.  None of them bashed another brand.  On the other hand you are the only one to post on an Oreck and you (as usual) only reported so that you could trash Dyson in the same review.  Since you find the Oreck to be superior to Hoover why did you fail to mention that.  All who read your posts are aware of your vehement dislike for Dyson and likely place little or no credence in your statements. 

CarmineD

Reply #116   Jun 20, 2008 7:12 am
HS:

I'd like to respond to you but it looks like this thread is heading off the screen.

Time to let it go else as Lucky1 says it will suffer the same ignominious end as the former.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #117   Jun 20, 2008 7:15 am
CarmineD wrote:
Dusty:

But a product that has a 45 year rep and respected standing in the industry with a nationwide network of stores totalling 475 is well on the way to trying.

Reputations are not always built on truths.  Priests were respected and trusted for hundreds of years.  I think you know why there is now some doubt about the clergy.

Air purifiers are not on my agenda.  At least not yet. 

They likely will not be since there are so many negatives on them.

Carmine D.
CarmineD

Reply #118   Jun 20, 2008 7:17 am
HS:

45 years and 475 ORECK stores speaks volumes for the company that launched

the lightweight 8 pound vacuum upright.

BTW, correcting you.  HOOVER WT is better than ORECK on rugs.  But ORECK for the

weight is a worthy second.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #119   Jun 20, 2008 8:18 am
 “If you’re going to clean the air then you have to move the air.”

DIB:

This is a statement of fact you quoted.

Statements of fact are not "coined" by authors at the exclusion of use by all others.

If this gentleman believes they are, and you too, then he and you have a skewed sense of perspective.

Certainly one I do not hold.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #120   Jun 20, 2008 9:27 am
Reputations are not always built on truths.  Priests were respected and trusted for hundreds of years.  I think you know why there is now some doubt about the clergy.

HS:

This did not get passed me.  It's irrelevant in the thread here about vacuums.  I will be happy to engage you off line on the topic.  It is near and dear to my heart and my faith.  Jsut let me know.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #121   Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm
CarmineD wrote:

HS:

This did not get passed me.  It's irrelevant in the thread here about vacuums.  I will be happy to engage you off line on the topic.  It is near and dear to my heart and my faith.  Jsut let me know.

Carmine D.

Why is it irrevelant?  I do not consider it to be blasphemous. .  You continually bash Dyson when it is not revelant to the topic.  I was only making a point that one can not always rely on reputation.

If it is too hot inthe kitchenm  GET OUT

CarmineD

Reply #122   Jun 20, 2008 6:55 pm
HS:

I have never shunned hot topics on any Forum.  But, this is not a Forum about religion and faith. 

It's about vacuums.  In particular, this thread is about ORECK and how it measures up to other

vacuums.  Which, I might add, is the standard bearer for all the lightweight vacuums that followed.

Even your favorite the dyson, which recently entered the market with a DC24 supposed lightweight

vacuum with full size performance.  Except unlike the ORECK bag that has a 6 quart dirt capacity, the DC24 has a peanut can dirt bin capacity.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #123   Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I have never shunned hot topics on any Forum.  But, this is not a Forum about religion and faith. 

It's about vacuums.  In particular, this thread is about ORECK and how it measures up to other

vacuums.  Which, I might add, is the standard bearer for all the lightweight vacuums that followed.

Even your favorite the dyson, which recently entered the market with a DC24 supposed lightweight

vacuum with full size performance.  Except unlike the ORECK bag that has a 6 quart dirt capacity, the DC24 has a peanut can dirt bin capacity.

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I have to agree with you.  Dyson needs the 6 qt bin because it picks up so much more than Oreck.

It would take a year to fill an Oreck bag.  Of course it probably not fill because it would loose so much suction it half full.  Suction is already poor per reports.

Replies: 114 - 123 of 258Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42