Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 147 - 156 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #147   Jun 13, 2008 7:53 am
HARDSELL:

You're bogged down in your own dyson dunk.  Same old same old from you.  Can't afford another dyson and won't even look at the new dysons to respond to the questions and criticisms by MOLE and I who pose them here. 

Go back to school.  Start from the beginning.  Grade school.  You missed the lessons on thinking for yourself and expressing your own opinions based on facts and information.  You're stuck in the follow the leader mode.  But you lost your leader [dyson] and now wondering aimlessly and hopelessly.   

Carmine D

This message was modified Jun 13, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #148   Jun 13, 2008 7:59 am
DIB:

I'm not impressed.  Recall dyson hires house wives who know nothing about vacuums to be dyson tech reps.  The big box retailers fault dyson on this all the time.  The reps don't know the dyson product line let alone the competition.  They get their training on the job from the big box store staffs.  Like Stephen and the other whiz kids.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #149   Jun 13, 2008 8:04 am
dusty wrote:
Which also begs the question...could he really do any worse than the supposed "vacuum guys" working with any of the big manufacturers at the moment.  Dusty

Yes, Dusty in fact they can do worse.  And do.  It's called dyson.  It has taken decades for the big box store vacuums to deteriorate in quality [not performance]. 

Dyson degrades performance yearly with each new model launch.  For $500 plus you get a ball wheel but have to do monthly filter cleaning and a smaller dirt containment capacity.  If you forego the ball, you get one of the older soon to be discontinued models.  Do these need filter cleanings regularly?  Yes, they most certainly do.  But dyson won't admit it.  And most bought into the myth that dyson's filters don't clog.  Solution: Scrub the models. Solves the dyson dilemma.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #150   Jun 13, 2008 8:58 am
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

I'm not impressed.  Recall dyson hires house wives who know nothing about vacuums to be dyson tech reps.  The big box retailers fault dyson on this all the time.  The reps don't know the dyson product line let alone the competition.  They get their training on the job from the big box store staffs.  Like Stephen and the other whiz kids.

Carmine D.

Your wife had to show you that Oreck is beter than Hoover that you pushed all those years.  I think that Dyson does know more than you.
HARDSELL

Reply #151   Jun 13, 2008 9:02 am
CarmineD wrote:
HARDSELL:

You're bogged down in your own dyson dunk.  Same old same old from you.  Can't afford another dyson and won't even look at the new dysons to respond to the questions and criticisms by MOLE and I who pose them here. 

Go back to school.  Start from the beginning.  Grade school.  You missed the lessons on thinking for yourself and expressing your own opinions based on facts and information.  You're stuck in the follow the leader mode.  But you lost your leader [dyson] and now wondering aimlessly and hopelessly.   

Carmine D

Carmine,  I have heard this same speech form you for years.  Once again, you praised Hoover for years and criticized Dyson.  Dysojn is alive and well.  Hoover failed.

Your track record is not so good.

mole

Reply #152   Jun 13, 2008 9:28 am
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Carmine D.

Carmine you know why DYSOON hires no nothing reps,because the indys told them to take a hike 4 years ago.

Good for the smart indys, of course the dyson parts business is good to get into.

CAN YOU SAY OVERPRICED JUNK...................

MOLE

dusty

Reply #153   Jun 13, 2008 10:01 am
mole wrote:
Your point would be valid if dyson was a 79,95 vacuum cleaner.Imagine that 512 people on the payroll to make mistake after mistake after mistake.I wonder how many are working in the marketing department over 1000?

My point was simply that any industry, be it vacuums, appliances, tv's etc, can always use a fresh set of thoughts and it's good to get away from the "this is how we've done it in the past, this is how we'll do it now" mentality.

Dusty
dusty

Reply #154   Jun 13, 2008 10:07 am
CarmineD wrote:
Yes, Dusty in fact they can do worse.  And do.  It's called dyson.  It has taken decades for the big box store vacuums to deteriorate in quality [not performance]. 

Performance has dropped to.  You can't tell me the Eureka Capture is a better cleaner than the Bravo (bless it's snapping fan) was of years past.  Same would apply to most of the hoover product, a Convertible or Elite will easily out clean todays Fold Away.  Price has gotten better, quality and performance have taken the hit.

Dusty
DysonInventsBig

Reply #155   Jun 13, 2008 10:56 am
CarmineD wrote:
DIB:

Sorry to rain on your Stephen in blue sky wonderland parade but it begs the question:  What does a 24 year old vest designer know about vacuums?  What does he know about the vacuum industry?  What qualifies him to work on designing and making vacuums better? 

Is dyson so desperate to get his failed bagless filtration back on track that he's groping for straws as he's sinking in the quick sand?  12 of these whiz kids to improve the dyson.  A swat team of designers?  What does this say about the 500 dyson engineers?  It's laughable. 

First, the $500 DC15 gets madeover into the DC25 and now the DC25 will get madeover and relaunched as the DC35 with a new price tag of $700.  Why?  Surprise surprise.  It eradicates dust mites.  Ohhh my!!!  But wait.  Isn't there a another $500 vacuum on the market that isn't selling well that already claims the same?  Yes, I think there is.  It's called the halo.  Of course.  The halo.  Only problem is that multiple scientific research and studies show conclusively that all brushroll vacuums kill dust mites.  Really?  Next? 

Oh lest I forget.  Dyson never loses suction!  And its steerable and pivoting.  Just what we need.  A portable 12 pound vacuum that you steer and pivot around the house like you are on an obstacle course of cleaning.  Oh my!  What will the king of vacuum innovation with his 500 engineers and task force of 12 designers think of next?  Wait.  I got it!  A robotic vacuum!  Yes, a robotic vacuum.  OK, coffee break time.  For you underage dyson whiz kids, milk will be served.  Warm in a bottle.  Imperial pint size. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

How long does it take to get an understanding of how a vacuum cleaner works? – More than 5 minutes or less than 5 minutes (based on the Oreck)?

Both you and Mole believe Dyson has 500 or more engineers and scientists working on vacuum cleaners, all the while you two know full well James talks of projects outside of vacuums.  And we have discussed on this forum many times of Dyson’s many patents and patent pendings unrelated to vacuum cleaners. – Deliberate distortion and credibility problem?

1. Tell us, do these non-vacuum patents and patent pendings engineer themselves?
  2. Tell us, how many engineers and scientists does James have working on vacuum cleaner related projects? 
  3. Tell us, how many engineers and scientists does James have working outside of vacuums?
  4. Tell us, is James focused on inventing only products for himself or is he in the business of being a future licensor too?

DIB

This message was modified Jun 13, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #156   Jun 13, 2008 3:30 pm
dusty wrote:
Performance has dropped to.  You can't tell me the Eureka Capture is a better cleaner than the Bravo (bless it's snapping fan) was of years past.  Same would apply to most of the hoover product, a Convertible or Elite will easily out clean todays Fold Away.  Price has gotten better, quality and performance have taken the hit.

Dusty

Kudos to you Dusty.  My bad.  I should have used the caveat today's big box store bagged vacuums are better performers than yester year's bagged vacuums.  Tho quality has certainly dropped along with price.  Primarily because the big box stores want to push disposables to the buying public.  That's how they stay in business.  Sell new vacuums. 

Bravo is a bagged EUREKA, Capture is bagless.  As you know, I prefer bagged over bagless in full size uprights.  Thank you for the opportunity to clarify.  Bagless full size vacuums are a fad. 

The shortcomings with the Convertible and Elite are no tools on board and poor attachment suction.  Today's performers have them beat there.

Carmine D.

Replies: 147 - 156 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42