Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 116 - 125 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #116   Jun 6, 2008 12:22 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Check the stores. Very few bagged vacuums are on the shelves. 

Hello HARDSELL:

I have and here's the story.  Bagged are the vacuums of choice for the independent vacuum stores.  Bagless are the vacuums of choice for the big box retailers.  Although there is a resurgence of bagged vacuums at all the big box retailers.  Especially the EUREKA Boss Smart vac upright.  More pervasive in all the big box stores now than one year ago. 

With regard to your dyson sales, talk to store sales people about the decline in new dyson vacuum sales.  I'm told that dysons are sitting longer and longer unsold.  Fewer consumers looking and showing interest.  Even less buying.  I'm told that the stores can't keep all the different models stocked and shelved.  Too expensive to have the dyson models sitting unsold.  If there is a dyson buyer,  he/she is confused and conflicted with all the different models.  They don't know which to buy and why?  Especially when plunking down $500.  They're fearful of buying the wrong dyson and paying too much for it. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 6, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #117   Jun 6, 2008 6:45 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Not really that unusual.  Companies are constanlty asking employees and consumers for feed back, suggestions, and input without giving monetary reward for doing so.

You have free will.  If you want to provide a useful suggestion, you can.  If not, you don't.  Your and my call.

I have a few suggestions that I think will benefit the ORECK vacuum and its users.  If they are used, fine.  If not, that's fine too.  I don't want anything for it whether or not they are used.  I'm a consumer.  Not an employee.  Benefitting the users and buyers is my objective.  How do you assign a dollar price to what that is worth?

If dyson offered the same, you'd hail him as a maverick business.  Saying that he uses 360 degree feedback to motivate buyers and users to advance his product line.  ORECK does it, and you're ready to call him a ...................[fill in the blank].  Like I say, where you stand depends on where you sit.

Carmine D.

I sarcastically called him a great guy.  Anything other than that would make you a mind and heart reader.  

Carmine, I am on your side, if you would relax for a minute…  You’ve got 50 years or so in the vacuum business and understanding (weather I agree or not is not important).  If you have a strong idea and it gets used, then you have every right to ask for some money based on it being used.  You can ask for - money for you, for a donation to your favorite charity or a mix (some to you and some to a charity).  Why not?        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #118   Jun 6, 2008 11:36 pm
Hello DIB:

My charitable contribution is to benefit the product and the users at no personal monetary gain.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 7, 2008 by CarmineD
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #119   Jun 7, 2008 7:16 am
On the UK Dyson Website they have a section where you can email then for a specific reason or just a general one.  I have emailed Dyson in the past with suggestions on improvements in certain areas on certain Dyson machines I have used.  I have always got a reply back thanking me for the input and suggestions and that it would be passed onto the Engineers for future reference.

Dyson does like customer feedback from customers who use their products.

DC18

This message was modified Jun 8, 2008 by DC18
CarmineD

Reply #120   Jun 7, 2008 7:32 am
Hello DC18:

Thank you.  Dyson did the same with me here in the USA.  Emailed back quickly and said it would pass my recommendations/suggestions to engineers for future consideration [height adjustment for carpets]. 

Despite the critical comments on the shortcomings of the HELPLINE support and inherent design weaknesses of the DC07 pink with respect to its difficulty in use over my carpets, the dyson email was very gracious. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 7, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #121   Jun 8, 2008 10:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

I have and here's the story.  Bagged are the vacuums of choice for the independent vacuum stores.  Bagless are the vacuums of choice for the big box retailers.  Although there is a resurgence of bagged vacuums at all the big box retailers.  Especially the EUREKA Boss Smart vac upright.  More pervasive in all the big box stores now than one year ago. 

With regard to your dyson sales, talk to store sales people about the decline in new dyson vacuum sales.  I'm told that dysons are sitting longer and longer unsold.  Fewer consumers looking and showing interest.  Even less buying.  I'm told that the stores can't keep all the different models stocked and shelved.  Too expensive to have the dyson models sitting unsold.  If there is a dyson buyer,  he/she is confused and conflicted with all the different models.  They don't know which to buy and why?  Especially when plunking down $500.  They're fearful of buying the wrong dyson and paying too much for it. 

Carmine D.

Naturally the indepenents push bagged.  How else could the continue to sell accessories after the vacuum sell.  You have always been a proponent of an annual tune up.  All this isn't necessary with a Dyson.

As for the decline in Dyson sales.  Most consumers have recently confined spending to only the necessities.  Not much left after froceries and gas.

Regardless of brand the local big box stores have not replaced bagless with bagged in any store that I have visited.  I do understand that that is probably not true in LV ( or any palace that you may reside ).  I realize that you have probably convinced all to convert by now.  Careful though.  Remember how Dyson already made a clown out of you.

Acerone

Reply #122   Jun 8, 2008 10:15 am
One thing I have noticed in the last year or so... The dealers who started when I started are no longer in business or don't carry the full "Dyson" line anymore. Most of us got out of the Dyson business for same reason.
HARDSELL

Reply #123   Jun 8, 2008 12:17 pm
Acerone wrote:
One thing I have noticed in the last year or so... The dealers who started when I started are no longer in business or don't carry the full "Dyson" line anymore. Most of us got out of the Dyson business for same reason.

What brands do you sell and what reason are you referring to about Dyson?
CarmineD

Reply #124   Jun 8, 2008 2:19 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

As for the decline in Dyson sales.  Most consumers have recently confined spending to only the necessities.  Not much left after froceries and gas.

Hello HARDSELL:

We finally agree regardless of the reasons.  We can argue the specifics butas you say new dyson sales are off in 2007 and 2008.  Gas will probably go to $6-$8 a gallon at the current price of $140 for a barrel of crude oil.  Food prices will follow the upward trend too.  Why?  Inflation has reared its ugly head according to Ben Bernanke at the Federal Reserve.  No more interest rate cuts this year to stimulate the recession.  Dysons sit on store shelves unsold.  Retailers are cutting their losses and culling dysons off the shelves to make room for other merchadise and make money.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 8, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #125   Jun 8, 2008 2:22 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HARDSELL:

Regardless of the reasons, and we can argue the specifics, new dyson sales fell off in late 2007 and still way off now in 2008.  Gas will probably go to $6-$8 a gallon at the current price of $140 for a barrel of crude oil.  Food prices will follow the upward trend too.  Why?  INfaltion has reared it ugly head accrording to Ben Bernanke at the Federal Reserve.  No more interest rate cuts this year.  Dysons have sat and will continue to sit on store shelves unsold.  Retailers are cutting their losses and culling dysons off the shelves to make room and save money.

Carmine D.

That is what I have been saying.  You try to twist it so everyone thinks that it is due to poor performance.
Replies: 116 - 125 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42