Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson vacuum & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Original Message   Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
1)  Nov 21, 2007 James Dyson t.v. commercial parodied on Saturday Night Live.

2)  March 17, 2009:  While many independent vacuum dealers bad-mouth, lie of and/or dismiss James Dyson and his teams contributions, many others champion the man.  Watch James Dyson in his element - in his Malmesbury Headquarters.  NBC’s “Today Show”  http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=71fa9222-10d2-413c-bf31-0007895697ac

2)  Older video news:  I could not resist...  A Hottie car-news chick mentions the rumor of Dyson working with car makers, and Oreck gets a mention too (funny).

www.blinkx.com/video/hamann-stallion-audi-a7-fast-lane-daily-24jun08/JQ18e2m7y5hiULCgEQWSvw

This message was modified Oct 28, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 96 - 105 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson & other vacuum related videos & photos...
Reply #96   Jun 2, 2008 5:51 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Your words which you spin and manipulate for purposes of insinuation do not offend me.  They only serve to prove what I said:  Where one stands, depends oftentimes on where one sits.

You should address here on any dyson thread you like, not the age old HOOVER-dyson lawsuit which is ancient history now, but the fall off in dyson new vacuum market share every year in the UK since 2004.  What do you have to say about this trend?  Why has it happened?  It's significant.  From a high of over 40 percent to under 30 percent in 2007. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Manipulate?  That would fall under your where you stand mantra.

I quit asking myself why you go after Dyson long ago.  Me responding (the above post) is nothing more than practice, trying to persuade you is not my objective.  I am quite aware of the indexing process and the potential for many others to view my and these others posts and potential for many years to come.  If the topics become uninteresting or too repetitive I will post less.

You start the topic (with me and others) but no guessing.  Get something concrete and post.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #97   Jun 2, 2008 5:53 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Acerone:

I saw either the DC24/DC25 TV ad.  I'm not sure which it was.   I'm very surprised that dyson doesn't use a home setting with a person using the vacuum.  Just the stand alone vacuum [not sure which one it is?] on a dull background with some sales pitching.  And no price.  Not going to win any advertising awards from my perspective.

Carmine D.

Come to think of it, I tend to believe it was the DC24.  Why?  The bottom cord wrap is so close to the ground in the TV ad.  But very hard to make out.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 2, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #98   Jun 2, 2008 6:28 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

That's a sudden change from 'liars and thieves.'

Carmine D.

I made my point.  I do have a family to think of.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #99   Jun 3, 2008 7:46 am
Hello DIB:

Good people do bad things.  Bad people do good things.  Remember the "Good Thief" on Mt. Calvary!  Made a Saint on the spot and entered into the Kingdom of God!

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 3, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #100   Jun 3, 2008 5:45 pm

Dyson fans,

James Dyson and his (then new) DC15 were profiled on a show called Beyond Tomorrow.  It is the best interview and profile I have seen of James.  This show has been airing on and off for the last week.        DIB

http://science.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=48.15051.117100.1010.3

Discovery Channel > Beyond Tomorrow, episode #16, my DVR reads this show as: “Tools to clean the house.”

CarmineD

Reply #101   Jun 3, 2008 6:50 pm
Hello DIB:

The DC15 is and was a big time flop for dyson.  The DC24/25 is a desperate attempt to restore his good name.   

From the starting gate the DC15 was fraught with problems.  The least of which was Kenneth J.  Thru several and most retailers including BEST BUY the DC15 is claimed the worse selling dyson.  Certainly the poorest rated dyson by Consumer Reports always more than half way down the list of models tested.  At the current $400 retail [before discounts], dyson should be as ashamed as an inventor and vacuum cleaner man.  As much so as the dead DC11.  No wonder Dyson is so quick to defend failure.  He has alot of experience with the latter.  

The DC11 and DC15 aren't even desirable as collectibles among the most ardent vacuum enthusiasts.  They are best served as recycled materials for the junk heap.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #102   Jun 3, 2008 8:04 pm

Carmine,

The DC15 as a full sized vacuum missed the mark for many (size and weight).  In terms of getting the public's interest the DC15 proved the concept and separated itself from the pack.  Yes, there was a learning curve as to what is a practicable weight for a turning pivoting vacuum cleaner.  The Slim looks to be a full blown money making success.  An example of its popularity - HSN reportedly sold 7000 units as a “Today Special” in a 12 hour period (I think it was Dec of 2007).  The Slim is loved big time at review sites and pages too.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #103   Jun 3, 2008 8:22 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

The Slim is loved big time at review sites and pages too.        DIB

Too bad dyson came out with the DC24/25.  The DC18 is now on the chopping block at most big box retailers.  Less than 2 years old.  Dyson shot himself in the foot on this one.  He upstaged a supposed best selling sku [the DC18] by making it obsolete before its time.  Why?  To restore his tarnished image with the DC15 by rushing to market the DC24/25.  Not very bright.  Especially in the current economic times. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #104   Jun 3, 2008 9:41 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Too bad dyson came out with the DC24/25.  The DC18 is now on the chopping block at most big box retailers.  Less than 2 years old.  Dyson shot himself in the foot on this one.  He upstaged a supposed best selling sku [the DC18] by making it obsolete before its time.  Why?  To restore his tarnished image with the DC15 by rushing to market the DC24/25.  Not very bright.  Especially in the current economic times. 

Carmine D.

Dyson improves and moves on.  Hoover just introduced the same sheet and renamed it.  Hoover sunk.
CarmineD

Reply #105   Jun 4, 2008 7:56 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Dyson improves and moves on. 

Hello HARDSELL:

What improvements do you see with the newer dyson models after the ones you used/sold-returned?  Be specific. 

If you want to focus on one model like the DC15, DC17, DC18, DC24, DC25 fine.  Or all the models.  If you want to focus on the canisters, like the DC20, 21, 22, then please do. 

I'm curious to hear what you think about the improvements of latest and greatest dyson vacuums.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 4, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 96 - 105 of 316Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42