Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Electrolux -- First Quarter 2008 . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Electrolux -- First Quarter 2008 . . .
Original Message   Apr 29, 2008 10:31 am
Hi all,

Following is a link to a news article regarding the up and down sides for Electrolux during this year's first quarter.

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/553091.html

Best,

Venson

Replies: 46 - 55 of 140Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
earthworm

Labels are for things, not man.

Re: Electrolux -- First Quarter 2008 . . .
Reply #46   May 20, 2008 5:53 pm
I'd have a lot more respect for these companies if they were not so lawsuit-happy, and learned how to respect the consumer....

And guess who pays for this crap ??     

Why are Dysons so expensive ?? ; IMO, they look like a cheap toy ! But then, most do not have a quality appearance or are over-priced...(Kirby for one)

And I do not care for HardSell's rap against Carmine...I for one do value his knowledge...       

Strangely, my ieSpell is a no go at this site...   

DysonInventsBig

Reply #47   May 20, 2008 6:02 pm
Carmine,

I think Dyson has lots of exciting and potentially money making options at his disposal outside of a lawsuit.  Electrolux gave Dyson a gift.  Dyson could exploit what may be an insincere Electrolux claim.  Dyson should let the public decied if Electrolux has a creditability problem, via free press.  Making money off this (false?, who knows) claim is a better money making position than a (if possible) lawsuit IMO.  The ReCyclone simply proves and reminds us that James is ahead of the antiquated vacuum manufacturer curve (i.e. James and/or his team have the ability to think outside of the box).

It is not the answer you were looking for but a lawsuit was last on my list of options, not because it is impossible (which it may or may not be) but because I believe James can get a immediate and long lasting results by using the free press to tell his/the ReCyclone story.        DIB 

CarmineD

Reply #48   May 20, 2008 6:15 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine,

I think Dyson has lots of exciting and potentially money making options at his disposal outside of a lawsuit.  Electrolux gave Dyson a gift.  Dyson could exploit what may be an insincere Electrolux claim.  Dyson should let the public decied if Electrolux has a creditability problem, via free press.  Making money off this (false?, who knows) claim is a better money making position than a (if possible) lawsuit IMO.  The ReCyclone simply proves and reminds us that James is ahead of the antiquated vacuum manufacturer curve (i.e. James and/or his team have the ability to think outside of the box).

It is not the answer you were looking for but a lawsuit was last on my list of options, not because it is impossible (which it may or may not be) but because I believe James can get a immediate and long lasting results by using the free press to tell his/the ReCyclone story.        DIB 

Thanks for your response DIB.  Interesting that your first thoughts go to making money!

Let me give you another simple non-monetary option before proceeeding with yours.  Assume for talking purposes that dyson indeed has a real and defensible case against Electrolux.   [I'm not saying it does, I'm just making a hypothetical case for talking purposes].  

Mr. Dyson and/or his CEO [whoever Mr. D designates] calls his/her equal counterpart at Electrolux and talks to them about it and tells them so.  Electrolux is put on notice officially.  Then give Electrolux the first right to refuse/accept the official notice and take the appropriate action.  How about that option first before all the others?

Carmine D.  

This message was modified May 20, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #49   May 20, 2008 6:28 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thanks for your response DIB.  Let me give you another simple option that I would recommend first before all the others you listed.  Assume for talking purposes that dyson indeed has a real and defensible case against Electrolux.   [I'm not saying it does, I'm just a making a hypothetical for talking purposes].  

Mr. Dyson and/or his CEO calls his/her equal counterpart at Electrolux and talks to them about it and tells them so.  Put Electrolux on notice officially.  Then give Electrolux the first right to refuse/accept the official notice and take the appropriate action.  How about that option first? 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

I was basing my thoughts as if Electrolux willfully made these claims knowing Dyson was there first.  But if Electrolux made an honest mistake then YES pick up the phone.   If after that, Electrolux goes forward and runs big with advertising and profiting from their “first in the world, green machine”, then James needs to protect and preserve his and his employee’s interests, accomplishments and dutifully set the record straight using whatever means possible (free press, first).  The press loves this kind of stuff, especially in the UK.

It is reckless for Electrolux not to investigate vacuum cleaner history before making “Worlds First” type claims.  Would you not agree?        DIB

This message was modified May 20, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #50   May 20, 2008 6:36 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Carmine,

I was basing my thoughts as if Electrolux willfully made these claims knowing Dyson was there first.  But if Electrolux made an honest mistake then YES pick up the phone.   If after that, Electrolux goes forward and runs big with advertising and profiting from their “first in the world, green machine”, then James needs to protect his and his employee’s interests and set the record straight using whatever means possible (using a media blast first).  The press loves this kind of stuff, especially in the UK.

It is reckless for Electrolux not to investigate vacuum cleaner history before making “Worlds First” type claims.  Would you not agree?        DIB

Hi DIB:

Whether I agree/disagree depends on your specificity for completing the "World's First"  claim.  What exactly is the full claim that Electrolux makes that contradicts history and/or has been made before [in this case supposedly by dyson in 1998]?

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 20, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #51   May 20, 2008 6:41 pm
earthworm wrote:
I'd have a lot more respect for these companies if they were not so lawsuit-happy, and learned how to respect the consumer....

Why are Dysons so expensive ?? ; IMO, they look like a cheap toy ! But then, most do not have a quality appearance or are over-priced...(Kirby for one)

And I do not care for HardSell's rap against Carmine...I for one do value his knowledge...       

Hello earthworm:

Let me give you a big shout out of thanks and appreciation for your intellectual integrity and fortitude.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #52   May 20, 2008 6:54 pm
earthworm wrote:

Dysons are so expensive partly because they are one of the best.  Price some of the imports from independents.  You will need a mortgage on your home ot buy one.

I only speak from experience.  Carmine speaks with a vengence because Dyson is superior to any vacuum that he ever sold.  If you value his opinion then you should buy one of his recommended vacuums and a Dyson for comparison.  I believe that if you are an honest person you will report back that Dyson is better.

You apparently have not followed Carmine on some of the other forums.  He has always criticized Dyson even when Dyson is not relevent to the topic.  Read all the Dyson reviews by consumers.  90% or more would not buy any other brand.  How many other brands can boast that?

HARDSELL

Reply #53   May 20, 2008 6:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Make believe I'm as stupid as Tom Gasko and some others here say.   Explain it so a 6 year old hearing you can understand. 

That is not make believe.                                                                                  Or a 3 year old so Carmine has better odds of understanding.

Thank you, very kindly.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #54   May 20, 2008 7:01 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi DIB:

Whether I agree/disagree depends on your specificity for completing the "World's First"  claim.  What exactly is the full claim that Electrolux makes that contradicts history and/or has been made before [in this case supposedly by dyson in 1998]?

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Since Electrolux is in business to make money and lots of it, then it is reasonable to believe, Electrolux believes there is money to be made claiming they’re the worlds first.  Free press alone is huge for the worlds first.  There is no free press for second.  Electrolux needs the attention of free press and to advertise this world’s first claim as so.  Electrolux can “go to town” with their “World first green claim” and use this distinction on their packaging, advertising, etc.  But it only takes one click from a Dyson mouse to blast the media with their Worlds first green machine thereby causing doubt as to Electrolux’s credibility and their supposed sincere answer to a ecological problem.  As well it could absolutely be false advertising in the eye of the Truth in Advertising powers too.  Words are a funny thing in the truth in advertising world.  I do not own a copy of the Truth in advertising handbook and have no idea of the “world first” claim is something that be made into a false advertising complaint.          DIB

Perhaps “We’re the world’s only green vacuum currently being produced today” could resolve any potential Dyson issue (if it is an issue with Dyson).

DysonInventsBig

Reply #55   May 20, 2008 7:12 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Dysons are so expensive partly because they are one of the best.  Price some of the imports from independents.  You will need a mortgage on your home ot buy one.

I only speak from experience.  Carmine speaks with a vengence because Dyson is superior to any vacuum that he ever sold.  If you value his opinion then you should buy one of his recommended vacuums and a Dyson for comparison.  I believe that if you are an honest person you will report back that Dyson is better.

You apparently have not followed Carmine on some of the other forums.  He has always criticized Dyson even when Dyson is not relevent to the topic.  Read all the Dyson reviews by consumers.  90% or more would not buy any other brand.  How many other brands can boast that?

Hardsell,

Yes, Carmine does go after Dyson much and often hard.  But that is what makes it fun, his comments give me excuse to dig for Dyson knowledge.  Even Mole, as nasty as he gets and the easy to disprove claims he makes is fun too.        DIB

This message was modified May 20, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 46 - 55 of 140Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42