Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Help choosing a new vacuum cleaner :)

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
scathontiphat

Help choosing a new vacuum cleaner :)
Original Message   Apr 29, 2008 5:30 pm
Hello,

I'll be honest, I know nothing about vacuum cleaners except that I need one. I have 4 criteria for selection:
1) Works well
2) built well/will last me a long long time (serviceable)
3) Made in US, Japan, or Western Europe
4) Hopefully no more than $350

I think Oreck may end up being my choice since it's made in the US and I haven't found any others that aren't manufactured in south east Asia. But that's why I'm here! To tap into your brains :)
Replies: 130 - 131 of 131Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Help choosing a new vacuum cleaner :)
Reply #130   May 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Let's give the buyer some credit for being a smart shopper and deal maker.  As business owners and operators, sometimes you make and take $50 profit on a vacuum, sometimes a $100.  ANd sometimes even more.  You have to know your customers and business.  One price does not fit all.

As the saying goes, you have to have a willing buyer and seller.  And sometimes that buyer is a better bargainer.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Re: Help choosing a new vacuum cleaner :)
Reply #131   May 16, 2008 7:17 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

You can't knock their stock performance.  Up over 20 percent so far this year.  Ahead of all retailers, hands down.  Liked their founder.  Have to wonder if he would approve of the direction the company has taken.  Put alot of Mom and Pop stores out of business.  Not their finest achievement by far.

Carmine D.

And W-M's  $.95 a share dividend.  No doubt will be a dollar soon.  Is there another retailer that pays a dividend as much?  Stock appreciation of 20 percent and a 95 cents dividend!  What pays that rate of return on your investment?  Like them or loathe them, but you can't beat them.

Carmine D.

This message was modified May 16, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 130 - 131 of 131Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42