Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > >>>Help choose upright bagged Hepa for $300

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Bubbleboy

>>>Help choose upright bagged Hepa for $300
Original Message   May 13, 2008 11:06 pm
I'm looking for an upright bagged Hepa vacuum for around $300.  Consumer reports rated the kenmore #1 but I haven't always agreed with C.R.'s ratings before on other things.  Is there anything at that price point I should be looking into or should I just go with the kenmore?  Thanks
Replies: 10 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Bubbleboy

Re: >>>Help choose upright bagged Hepa for $300
Reply #10   May 15, 2008 6:24 pm
I think I'm going to go with either the riccar brilliance or the simplicity synchrony. I've got two local dealers. One told me that they'd take a trade in and knock off $200.  I didn't know Vacuum sales were like car sales.  What kind of prices are you guys seeing for these models?  Is $200 off retail pricing good?
This message was modified May 15, 2008 by Bubbleboy
CarmineD

Reply #11   May 15, 2008 9:37 pm
Bubbleboy wrote:
I think I'm going to go with either the riccar brilliance or the simplicity synchrony. I've got two local dealers. One told me that they'd take a trade in and knock off $200.  I didn't know Vacuum sales were like car sales.  What kind of prices are you guys seeing for these models?  Is $200 off retail pricing good?

Good choices.  Either one.  The Simplicity is probably less in price than the RICCAR. 

Depends on the original asking price.  Look at it this way, Kohl's is selling the dyson DC07 All Floors [dyson's oldest and the cheapest upright] for $399 on sale.  Plus a buyers' discount of 10-15-20-30 percent off depending on your mailer discount.  My dear Wife got the 30 percent off.  So theoretically she can purchase the $400 dyson for $280.  That's a discount of $120 from MSRP. 

Now compare that sale price to the MSRP on the RICCAR/Simplicity models that you are looking at.  The RICCAR/Simplicity models you are choosing are the top of the line in upright vacuums bar none.  You can't find better quality and performance in a vacuum than you will find in these brands and models regardless of what you may spend.  Is $200 alot off in relation to the China-ville made dysons at $120 off?  I don't think so.  I think it's a competitive discount with the vacuum brands, models, and discounts at all the big box retailers.  They are the primary competition for store brand top of the line vacuums. 

Like Einstein said:  It's all relative.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified May 15, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #12   Sep 11, 2008 1:43 pm
The RICCAR Brilliance and SIMPLICITY Synchrony rate a commendable 8 overall out of 36 models tested in the upright category by Consumer Reports in October 2008.   Shining with Excellent in carpet, barefloors and pet hair removal: the big 3 CR tests.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 11, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 10 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42