Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Kirby tranny problems, any advice?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Vacuumfreeeke

Kirby tranny problems, any advice?
Original Message   May 9, 2008 1:32 pm
So, my Kirby G5 is my favorite machine. Imagine my horror this morning when I was vacuuming and heard something awful come from it! I was using the machine in neutral (something I almost never do) and I heard the transmission trying to run! It still works properly in drive, but it's my understanding that the transmission should be silent in neutral. I lifted the machine and and while in neutral, I pushed and pulled on the handle as if I were vacuuming... I heard the transmission trying to run but the back wheels didn't turn. I flipped it into drive and the wheels worked as they should. Any clues as to what's going on here and how big of a deal it would be to fix?

I guess I could get back on CL and look for another G Series machine if necessary. I'm not mechanically inclined... I took a G3 apart when I was 16 and couldn't get it back together... it was also having transmission trouble.

Thanks for any advice.

I have a feeling that if it isn't a repair that I can do myself I'll go on Craig's List for another and trash this one... I only paid 200 dollars for it and could certainly get another for that amount if the repair would be more than that.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42