Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
HARDSELL

SWIVEL SWEEPER
Original Message   Apr 14, 2008 9:52 am
Does anyone have experience with this sweeper?
Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: SWIVEL SWEEPER
Reply #8   Dec 15, 2009 5:13 am
I wouldnt assume that everything from an info TV commercial has a poor guarantee. Purchased from the same company that we bought our Jack la Lanne juicer from (best direct tv) we've had a good service from this "cable" shopping channel generally and didnt think it would be a problem for replacement batteries in less than a year of the SS's purchase. Infact when the JLL juicer bin went missing Best Direct TV sent us a replacement and then honoured the JLL with a year's guarantee.
CarmineD

Reply #9   Dec 17, 2009 6:57 am
BTW, I saw a news advertisement for this product at a local retailer.  For $39.95.  The G2 is billed as redesigned and improved over previously models.  With the claim that many have been sold.

Carmine D. 

vacmanuk

Reply #10   Dec 17, 2009 12:47 pm
Many may well have been sold but that doesn't necessarily mean thats a good thing. The G2 has a lockable handle spine that allows the owner to put it at a 180 degree angle, therefore not really needing to bend down to get the sweeper part under low furniture. It also has a clip attached that allows the floor head to snap up and lock to the main handle when storing between cupboards or in tight areas. Although these are handy additives to the original formula and a new improved one touch bin that swings open instead of the old one coming away from the top part of the sweeper, the whole idea is made of really lightweight plastic and thus they're not really long lasting.
CarmineD

Reply #11   Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Many may well have been sold but that doesn't necessarily mean thats a good thing. The G2 has a lockable handle spine that allows the owner to put it at a 180 degree angle, therefore not really needing to bend down to get the sweeper part under low furniture. It also has a clip attached that allows the floor head to snap up and lock to the main handle when storing between cupboards or in tight areas. Although these are handy additives to the original formula and a new improved one touch bin that swings open instead of the old one coming away from the top part of the sweeper, the whole idea is made of really lightweight plastic and thus they're not really long lasting.

Unless you're the maker/seller.  These devices are literally everywhere I turn these days.  Even the local CVS and Walgreens, two pharmacies et al in the USA, which don't normally stock/sell such.  I see people buying/gifting these quite often.  Of all things, the local CVS actually uses one in the store.  And the staff luv it.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 17, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #12   Dec 17, 2009 2:01 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Unless you're the maker/seller.  These devices are literally everywhere I turn these days.  Even the local CVS and Walgreens, two pharmacies et al in the USA, which don't normally stock/sell such.  I see people buying/gifting these quite often.  Of all things, the local CVS actually uses one in the store.  And the staff luv it.

Carmine D.

I am sure they will replace a lot of Orecks in businesses.  Better cleaning at about 10% the cost of the Oreck.  
CarmineD

Reply #13   Dec 18, 2009 6:54 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I am sure they will replace a lot of Orecks in businesses.  Better cleaning at about 10% the cost of the Oreck.  

Shark™ 2-Speed Cordless Sweeper

Shark 2-Speed Cordless Sweeper
Hello HS:
I suggest the Shark 2 speed cordless sweeper with 30 minute charge. However, it retails in the $49-$59 price substantially more than the SS.  Comparable to a lightweight corded and/or cordless for quick pick ups.
Carmine D.
vacmanuk

Reply #14   Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm
Oh dear Carmine, please dont be fooled that just because something that sells in droves is necessarily better. Let me think of one of the world's smallest cars in the States in the late 1980s that sold well but wasn't really that good. Infact the U.S market became the biggest country who bought into the NASTY YUGO salesdrive until it all went pear shaped. Another example.. well one could argue early model Dysons... The SS in the UK does have some compeitition from other Chinese made offerings, particularly a triangular copy. The difference with the Shark one shown on here (incidentally that sells under the GTECH label here who are known Chinese operative co-independent manufacturers) is that it doesn't have uniform 360 degree brushes corner to corner. The Shark may well have a hand design handy for stair cleaning but it can't be swivelled around like an SS. We have another GTECH model with a duster attached and other models with higher battery power.
CarmineD

Reply #15   Dec 19, 2009 7:00 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Oh dear Carmine, please dont be fooled that just because something that sells in droves is necessarily better. Let me think of one of the world's smallest cars in the States in the late 1980s that sold well but wasn't really that good. Infact the U.S market became the biggest country who bought into the NASTY YUGO salesdrive until it all went pear shaped. Another example.. well one could argue early model Dysons... The SS in the UK does have some compeitition from other Chinese made offerings, particularly a triangular copy. The difference with the Shark one shown on here (incidentally that sells under the GTECH label here who are known Chinese operative co-independent manufacturers) is that it doesn't have uniform 360 degree brushes corner to corner. The Shark may well have a hand design handy for stair cleaning but it can't be swivelled around like an SS. We have another GTECH model with a duster attached and other models with higher battery power.

No misunderstanding/misconceptions on my part about product popularity versus performance.  Just an observation.  I recall too well the Regina Electrik broom.  A drug on the market that sold very well for years and years.  Then, too I know the Royal/Dirt Devil handcleaners sell millions upon millions and performance is praiseworthy.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #16   Dec 20, 2009 3:16 pm
Well, Try one - your grand daughters will marvel the lack of weight.
CarmineD

Reply #17   Dec 20, 2009 6:32 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Well, Try one - your grand daughters will marvel the lack of weight.

Good suggestion except the HOOVER Slider won out several years ago at $25 new retail and is still going strong for the grand daughters. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 8 - 17 of 17Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42