Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Miele - cyclonic filtration. Pantent filed: 9/10/07

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Miele - cyclonic filtration. Pantent filed: 9/10/07
Original Message   Apr 13, 2008 4:51 pm
http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=WO2008037342&F=0
This message was modified Apr 14, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Miele - cyclonic filtration. Pantent filed: 4/03/08
Reply #3   Apr 14, 2008 8:18 am
As mentioned earlier that I believe Miele wants to dominate the high end vacuum market in the USA.  Have to have and offer bagless vacuums to do it.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #4   Apr 14, 2008 8:42 am
Dont be to surpised if this system is not released in the near future.............

MOLE

Lucky1

Reply #5   Apr 14, 2008 12:19 pm
bucks03 wrote:
...but the cyclinder I used to use to clean the local dentist in the evening used to lose suction as the bag filled up,

I currently have a Dyson DC04 and have had it for 5 and a bit years now, been a very good machine and has constant suction even when the bin is full

You do realize when the Dyson Bin is all filled it only amounts to a tiny portion of dirt that has been fluffed up.. which seems like alot. If the same amount of dirt were sucked into a Miele the bag, it would amount to nothing. So If you were to change the miele bag as much as you changed the Dyson canister there would be no suction loss either.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #6   Apr 14, 2008 1:42 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi DIB,

Thanks for the link.  The PDF with the diagram shows something different for change -- meaning no potential for lawsuits from you know who.  The design appears to allow for more dust capacity.  I wish Miele luck with it.

Best,

Venson

Venson, I am glad you took the time to give it a look.  This is the most unlike-Dyson low w/ high cyclonic filtration design I have seen to date.  There is lots of creativity that went into this, I applaud the inventors.  We’ll have wait and see if it is user friendly/easy to maintain and if it filters well.

Patent lawsuits:  Many, many, many are in line with their Dyson-like low w/ high cyclonic filtration patent pending filtration.  They are all now having to do some fancy foot work so not to infringe.        DIB

Updated on 4/16/08:    The more I look at this Miele cyclonic patent, it is more and more obvious it was the Dyson Root + Core Separator that has been reversed engineered, but cleverly engineered with new and patentable innovations.        DIB

This message was modified Apr 16, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

bucks03

Reply #7   Apr 14, 2008 1:50 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
You do realize when the Dyson Bin is all filled it only amounts to a tiny portion of dirt that has been fluffed up.. which seems like alot. If the same amount of dirt were sucked into a Miele the bag, it would amount to nothing. So If you were to change the miele bag as much as you changed the Dyson canister there would be no suction loss either.

Lucky.  Yes I know,  I have conducted my own tests and do know the amount in a Dyson looks more than it is in a bag cleaner but I have also taken a Dyson with me and used it to clean this dentist and did not experience any loss off suction where as unfortunataly the Miele suction become lesser and lesser over use.  The Dyson even when bunched up with dirt right to the top of the bin past the MAX mark still had the same suction level for which the DC03 is very very poor.

You have to bear in mind I have been using this Miele and Dyson in commercial environment 3 times a week, so I don't know how the Miele would be in domestic scenery but for sure it lost suction in the Dentist.  I use Dyson DC04 in my house and it certainly has a much bigger capacity than the newer Dysons which have a pathetically low bin capacity - Dyson can claim this claim that but I would not like to keep emptying the bin all the time.

The only thing I like about the bag is it is clean disposal.  Good on Miele for looking into bagless.

Trilobite

Re: Miele - cyclonic filtration. Pantent filed: 9/10/07
Reply #8   Apr 16, 2008 6:17 am
Wow, that is interesting, considering that Miele said that bags are best for disposing of dust. Maybe they've had enquiries from customers about bagless machines?

It'll be interesting to see the actual machine.

This message was modified Apr 17, 2008 by Trilobite
DysonInventsBig

Reply #9   Apr 16, 2008 5:54 pm
The more I look at this Miele cyclonic patent, it is more and more obvious it was the Dyson Root + Core Separator that has been reversed engineered, but cleverly engineered with new and patentable innovations.        DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #10   Apr 19, 2008 8:28 pm
Lucky1 wrote:

Lucky,

You are correct, on some Dyson's there is not of a lot of debris compression (DC21, DC11).  But on others the compression is surprising, my DC15 and DC05 indeed compress debris and pet hair well.        DIB

Motorhead

Reply #11   Apr 19, 2008 8:33 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Lucky,

You are correct, on some Dyson's there is not of a lot of debris compression (DC21, DC11).  But on others the compression is surprising, my DC15 and DC05 indeed compress debris and pet hair well.        DIB

Hi DIB,

I notice this with my DC21 as well; it does tend to fluff the debris up quite a bit so it appears that there is more dirt in the bin than there really is.  However, in most situations I can still get a good amount of debris in it before  emptying. 
Motorhead

Reply #12   Apr 19, 2008 8:33 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Lucky,

Hi DIB,

I notice this with my DC21 as well; it does tend to fluff the debris up quite a bit so it appears that there is more dirt in the bin than there really is.  However, in most situations I can still get a good amount of debris in it before  emptying. 
Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42