Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Dyson DC22
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am
The Dyson DC22 canister was very recently introduced in Japan. I have heard that this will make it to the US market in order to expand their canister range.

Key Features:

-Root Cyclone with Core Separation
-Dyson Digital Motor
-Stowaway Design
-Motorhead
-Pre filter rinse once every seven years

This message was modified Oct 31, 2007 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 74 - 83 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC22
Reply #74   Apr 4, 2008 12:21 pm
Hello Mole:

Sounds dismal.  I would never let a regular customer

wait 3 months for a part.  NEVER.  I'd sooner take it off another

one of mine and accomodate the customer while I

waited for the parts.  I can honestly say in the 40 plus years of vacuum business

[including a warranty EUREKA dealer] I never waited that long

for a part.  NEVER.  A few weeks back order delay was the tops.  I always had

parts in stock, especially wands, to carry me over during the wait time.

Carmine D.

dusty

Reply #75   Apr 4, 2008 11:52 pm
mole wrote:

Question for the day,how come it takes 3 months to get a telescopic wand for an oxygen,im sure that the customer must be thrilled to death about not being able to use her vacuum for 3 months..............

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOW WORSE THAN EVER,DOES ANYONE IN THIS BUSINESS CARE ANYMORE,OR IS IT JUST GET THE MONEY AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT SCAM......................

MOLE............................................................

Only 3 months?  Geez, that's pretty good.  I've had stuff on back order thru Panasonic that has taken almost 6 months to get.  Manufacturers are more concerned with getting whole goods to the market than they are parts and supplies.  Sadly, this just works in favour of the big box stores because they'll just take a unit back if there is an issue and write it off where as the small independant has to either take parts off their own machine or patiently wait while the customer takes a strip off them.

Dusty
DysonInventsBig

Reply #76   Mar 19, 2009 10:17 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

My neighbor was kind enough to translate (best as possible) the wording on this DC22 packaging (below).        DIB

1)      30 times better (filtering) than any cyclone vacuum.

2)      Motorhead does not slow down vs.a turbine nozzle.

3)      Updated Root with Core separator.

4)      “About” 7 years, you do not have to touch filter for 7 years.

5)      2 yr. warrantee.

< This and other DC22 pics from a Japanese blog (while on blog, click pics to enlarge).  Here. 

Here is a year old post, where I asked my Japanese neighbor to translate from the Dyson packaging...  [up to] 7 years until filter (pre-filter) cleaning.        DIB
This message was modified Mar 19, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Acerone

Reply #77   Apr 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Wait! So the DC22 is now here in the US?
Venson

Reply #78   Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm
Acerone wrote:
Wait! So the DC22 is now here in the US?

Hi Acerone,

Iy appears to be released for sale as there are two online vendors who are offering it at $800. However, only the more standard size DC23 has a page at www.dyson.com. (Price is $600.)

Enter "Dyson DC22" at either www.nextag.com or www.pricegrabber.com.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #79   Apr 23, 2009 6:48 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Acerone,

Iy appears to be released for sale as there are two online vendors who are offering it at $800. However, only the more standard size DC23 has a page at www.dyson.com. (Price is $600.)

Enter "Dyson DC22" at either www.nextag.com or www.pricegrabber.com.

Best,

Venson

Thanks Venson.

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #80   Apr 23, 2009 1:15 pm
Wow, so the DC21 was phased out after all (I assume since it's no longer on the Dyson site), and not a moment too soon. The DC23 is far superior.
This message was modified Apr 23, 2009 by iMacDaddy
Acerone

Reply #81   May 10, 2009 5:00 pm
Looks like we have our first Dyson digital motor. Now where can I see one of these in person? And it's up on Dyson.com website now.
CarmineD

Reply #82   May 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Acerone wrote:
Looks like we have our first Dyson digital motor. Now where can I see one of these in person? And it's up on Dyson.com website now.

Gone is dyson's DC21 stowaway. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #83   May 10, 2009 6:40 pm
Hi Acerone,

Since you mentioned, I did a quick look but didn't make any significant sightings. BestBuy has picked up the DC23 the standard canister with 13-inch PN. Sears seems to be doing all it can ot move what its already got like its own new canister and also the Dyson DC21. And I can't imagine an $800 vacuum turning up in the local K-Mart. I think there may be a noticable amount of time to pass before the little DC22 shows up. It is expensive and, I think, unless put on the shelves by some high-end venfor likw William Sonoma, Sharper Image (nearly gone I believe) it's going to be difficult to persuade even big boxers to put these out.

Carmine, don't all the bigger vacuum manufacturers now have a minimum order quantity? Meaning that you can't just buy a few to test the waters saleswise.

I'd also guess that there are enough DC21 models still in stock that those looking for one won't have to worry.

Venson
Replies: 74 - 83 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42