Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New [Old] HOOVER WT

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

New [Old] HOOVER WT
Original Message   Mar 26, 2008 12:49 pm
Apparently HOOVER [TTI] solved the problem of what to do with the $50 HOOVER Tempo after many years of a successful production run.  Not on the HOOVER Web page [yet] and not listed on the retailers' Web Sites [yet].

The HOOVER Tempo was fitted with a tool storage on top [like the WT Supreme and Lite] and re-launched as the HOOVER Windtunnel.  Retails for $100.

For Severus, who was first to point out the marketing flaw in having such a low priced high value, popular selling vacuum, your words were heard loud and clear.

For HOOVER [TTI] who has a long successful run with the WT since its inception in 1989 [to commemorate its 90 years],  S-M-A-R-T marketing and production move.  Maybe this should be HOOVER's Centennial model???  Just add a huge HOOVER emblem and the words BAISAIC.  Will sell millions in the first year.

Also, only in 'bagged'.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 26, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: New [Old] HOOVER WT
Reply #1   Mar 26, 2008 2:02 pm
PS:

And of course fitted with the WT patented technology!

Carmine D.

Motorhead

Reply #2   Mar 26, 2008 6:47 pm
CarmineD wrote:
PS:

And of course fitted with the WT patented technology!

Carmine D.

WT patented technology, just a fancy way of saying clean-air which was LONG overdue at the time of the WT's introduction in '97-98.  If past is any indication of the future, I highly doubt the machine will be around very long after this little change.  Reminds me a lot of what Hoover did earlier in the decade as a last-ditch effort to save the aging Elite design (Caddy Vac, Breathe-not-so-Easy, etc...), deja vu all over again.
This message was modified Mar 26, 2008 by Motorhead
CarmineD

Reply #3   Mar 26, 2008 7:49 pm
Motorhead wrote:
WT patented technology, just a fancy way of saying clean-air which was LONG overdue at the time of the WT's introduction in '97-98.  If past is any indication of the future, I highly doubt the machine will be around very long after this little change.  Reminds me a lot of what Hoover did earlier in the decade as a last-ditch effort to save the aging Elite design (Caddy Vac, Breathe Easy, etc...), deja vu all over again.

Time will tell my good fellow.  Before you hold the funeral and play the dirge, let's see how well the new HOOVER WT vacuum sells and performs.  It should be carried by all the major big box retailers.   Should be an excellent competitor at that price in that sales venue.

Carmine D.  

HARDSELL

Reply #4   Mar 26, 2008 9:30 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Time will tell my good fellow.  Before you hold the funeral and play the dirge, let's see how well the new HOOVER WT vacuum sells and performs.  It should be carried by all the major big box retailers.   Should be an excellent competitor at that price in that sales venue.

Carmine D.  

We can now buy a $50 Hoover for $100.  Now that is creative marketing.

Time told on the "z" and it was not a good story.  Your ship is sinking again.

CarmineD

Reply #5   Mar 27, 2008 7:49 am
HARDSELL wrote:
We can now buy a $50 Hoover for $100.  Now that is creative marketing.

Time told on the "z" and it was not a good story.  Your ship is sinking again.

Hello my friend:

My thoughts exactly.  Double the price for a big box venue.  Let's say each sale brings $50 profit per unit.  Mutiply that by 75 retailers and all their stores.  That's the making of another model similar to the FUSION but with Consumer Reports approval.  Very smart.

BTW, I checked in by accident with the HOOVER Z that I gifted to the local Church this past Holiday season.  On Good Friday, it was being used to vacuum up the Adoration Room from the Thursday night devotions the night before.  The room's rug was covered with plant leaves and flower petals and the remants of over 2000 church adorers who came from 9 to 12 pm.  The Z's user [a petite woman in her 30's] picked up the mess in one pass.  The Z has been well received and liked. 

I had no doubt it would be well suited to the task.  I used a new Z, same model diiferent machine, from March to July 2006, as I prepared my old Virginia home for sale.  Repairing holes in the walls [where pics hung], painting, adding new insulation to the attic, basement, etc.  And of course the normal vacuuming of the rugs and above the floor.  Worked like a charm for me and my use.  Obviously the new one I donated is doing the same.  I feel good about that too.  You don't want to donate a dud to the Church where you are a member and everyone knows you.  Family are more forgiving than friends.  Wouldn't you agree?

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Mar 27, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #6   Mar 27, 2008 8:04 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello my friend:

My thoughts exactly.  Double the price for a big box venue.  Let's say each sale brings $50 profit per unit.  Mutiply that by 75 retailers and all their stores.  That's the making of another model similar to the FUSION but with Consumer Reports approval.  Very smart.

BTW, I checked in by accident with the HOOVER Z that I gifted to the local Church this past Holiday season.  On Good Friday, it was being used to vacuum up the Adoration Room from the Thursday night devotions the night before.  The room's rug was covered with plant leaves and flower petals and the remants of over 2000 church adorers who came from 9 to 12 pm.  The Z's user [a petite woman in her 30's] picked up the mess in one pass.  The Z has been well received and liked. 

I had no doubt it would be well suited to the task.  I used a new Z, same model diiferent machine, from March to July 2006, as I prepared my old Virginia home for sale.  Repairing holes in the walls [where pics hung], painting, adding new insulation to the attic, basement, etc.  And of course the normal vacuuming of the rugs and above the floor.  Worked like a charm for me and my use.  Obviously the new one I donated is doing the same.  I feel good about that too.  You don't want to donate a dud to the Church where you are a member and everyone knows you.  Family are more forgiving than friends.  Wouldn't you agree?

Carmine D. 

Obviously the two that you bought couldn't save it.  You can find all makes of vacuums being used in businesses, churches and other non residential environmenets.  They would all use a free one, regardless of brand.

You may have to gift about a  million if you save Hoover.

CarmineD

Reply #7   Mar 27, 2008 8:14 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Obviously the two that you bought couldn't save it.  You can find all makes of vacuums being used in businesses, churches and other non residential environmenets.  They would all use a free one, regardless of brand.

You may have to gift about a  million if you save Hoover.

Certainly Z's will not sell in the current market.  The new WT will.  Millions.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42