Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Aerus . . . huh?
Original Message   Mar 21, 2008 8:48 pm
I was a little surprised per the text on Aerus's warranty web page.  It appears the new kids would have the public believe that there never was an Electrolux Company.  It reads as follows:

"For decades, Aerus has provided customers with innovative, quality products backed by a warranty for worry-free ownership. That is why it is not unusual to see a 20-year old product being passed from mother to daughter or son. The Aerus tradition of quality and service is embodied by the unprecedented warranty of 25 years on the Guardian."

Venson

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Aerus . . . huh?
Reply #3   Mar 22, 2008 1:28 pm
Hi guys,

Mole, I am very, very glad to hear that Aerus has intentions of coming into its own by way of new product development.  I'm also impressed by the 25-year warranty on the Guardian even though I won't ask about the loopholes. My only problem is indeed language related.  Personally, I'd have thought more of Aerus, a recent acquire of what was an over 70 year old business at the time, if they had simply said that they meant to uphold the traditional values of, Electrolux, the company that passed the gauntlet on to them.

If Areus had done something since its acquisition of Electrolux beyond continuing to put out the same product that Electrolux left off I wouldn't have found some of the text on the website so irritating.  But, instead of making a more clearly representative presentation as to what Electrolux did and what Aerus has followed with (basically nothing) they're fudging that issue by stating, "Aerus began in 1924 under the name Electrolux when Gustaf Sahlin introduced the Electrolux tank vacuum cleaner to the United States. . ." 

Carmine, until they bought Electrolux, I'd never heard the name "Aerus" in my life.  So I have been expecting and am still expecting a new, improved and different product along with the new name. 

Forgot to mention -- there is now a disclaimer on the website stating that Aerus will not honor warranty regarding vacuums bought on the internet, eBay or unauthorized sources.  The claim is that the like are usually stolen, used or rebuilt however I take the discouragement with a grain of salt.  As well, this is no big deal I suppose as, if need be, it is probably less expensive to get an Aerus repaired by any reliable independent place of repair than at one of their franchises.

Best,

Venson

mole

Reply #4   Mar 22, 2008 3:36 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi guys,

Mole, I am very, very glad to hear that Aerus has intentions of coming into its own by way of new product development.  I'm also impressed by the 25-year warranty on the Guardian even though I won't ask about the loopholes. My only problem is indeed language related.  Personally, I'd have thought more of Aerus, a recent acquire of what was an over 70 year old business at the time, if they had simply said that they meant to uphold the traditional values of, Electrolux, the company that passed the gauntlet on to them.

If Areus had done something since its acquisition of Electrolux beyond continuing to put out the same product that Electrolux left off I wouldn't have found some of the text on the website so irritating.  But, instead of making a more clearly representative presentation as to what Electrolux did and what Aerus has followed with (basically nothing) they're fudging that issue by stating, "Aerus began in 1924 under the name Electrolux when Gustaf Sahlin introduced the Electrolux tank vacuum cleaner to the United States. . ." 

Carmine, until they bought Electrolux, I'd never heard the name "Aerus" in my life.  So I have been expecting and am still expecting a new, improved and different product along with the new name. 

Forgot to mention -- there is now a disclaimer on the website stating that Aerus will not honor warranty regarding vacuums bought on the internet, eBay or unauthorized sources.  The claim is that the like are usually stolen, used or rebuilt however I take the discouragement with a grain of salt.  As well, this is no big deal I suppose as, if need be, it is probably less expensive to get an Aerus repaired by any reliable independent place of repair than at one of their franchises.

Best,

Venson

Hi Venson, i can not argue with about any of your comments.You are right,Aerus has been living off the ELECTROLUX legacy,that was left to them in the buyout.

Aerus is a Greek word meaning air....

The one thing is that they are still the premier direct sales company,with utmost integrity[in most cases].

MOLE

Vernon

Reply #5   Mar 22, 2008 7:08 pm
Talking to an Aerus distributor a short while ago, she told me (can't remember the date exactly) within a couple of years Aerus will no longer be able to make any direct reference to Electrolux.  I wonder if this is in preparation of.  I guess only time will tell.

Vernon
Venson

Reply #6   Mar 22, 2008 8:11 pm
Vernon wrote:
Talking to an Aerus distributor a short while ago, she told me (can't remember the date exactly) within a couple of years Aerus will no longer be able to make any direct reference to Electrolux.  I wonder if this is in preparation of.  I guess only time will tell.

Vernon

Hi Vernon,

I guess that is due to the very confused situation since European Electrolux has entered the American market.   I believe it is the sole company/corporation that now has rightful claim to the name anywhere.  The confusion regards mainly the consumer/user of either brand when in need of service or parts. Who'll know who's talking about which brand. 

It is not uncommon to see customers walk into a shop without model numbers but only the brand name in their heads when they come looking for bags, etc.

Best,

Venson

Vacuuman

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Reply #7   Mar 22, 2008 11:03 pm
I know eventually Aerus will not be allowed to use the name Electrolux, as Eurekalux  wants the name to themselves.  So it doesn't surprise me too much that they are getting away from their original name.
Trebor

Reply #8   Jan 17, 2009 9:05 pm
Aerus IS part of Eurekalux!  The parts for the machines are molded in Mexico, and assembled in El Paso TX.

Have you checked out the New Electroluxes at Lowe's, the lime green ones? Now the Oxygen 3 canister and the new bagless upright are machines worthy of the name Electrolux.

Trebor

Reply #9   Jan 17, 2009 9:08 pm
The god of war is Aries, the god of  love is Eros. Since they are both male, Aerus must be the.. what else.. the god of Suck..tion!
CarmineD

Reply #10   Jan 18, 2009 2:41 pm
Sometimes that sense of humor is risque!

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #11   Jan 18, 2009 3:47 pm
I know you are watching, Carmine, so I do keep it on a short leash!

It's great to be in touch again, how can I send you me e-mail addy w/o posting it on the forum?

Trebor

CarmineD

Reply #12   Jan 18, 2009 7:50 pm
Hi Trebor:

Yes, you can send me a private message on this site.  And I can do the same with you.  And exchange email addresses if you like.

Carmine D.

Replies: 3 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42