Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Dyson DC22
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am
The Dyson DC22 canister was very recently introduced in Japan. I have heard that this will make it to the US market in order to expand their canister range.

Key Features:

-Root Cyclone with Core Separation
-Dyson Digital Motor
-Stowaway Design
-Motorhead
-Pre filter rinse once every seven years

This message was modified Oct 31, 2007 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 55 - 64 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson DC22
Reply #55   Mar 15, 2008 8:46 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello M00seUK:

Hope all is well with you and yours.

The first bagless upright in the USA

that was yellow and grey and used the moniker

"cyclonic' on the machine is the EUREKA

Whirlwind.  It predates dyson's DC07 by a good

number of years here and there.  EUREKA didn't

sue dyson for copying. 

Carmine D.

Carmine,

Vortex type suction machines have been using the phrase cyclonic to describe their patent claims since the late 1800's/early 1900's.

Eureka should do everything possible to protect its assets, patents and trademarks from attacks.  The Eureka “Cyclonic” Trademark, can you produce it? 

I have the very short (complete or near complete) list of the lawsuits Dyson has filed since launching the DC07 here in the U.S.  Today and in the past you’ve indicated James Dyson is lawsuit hungry.  Can you produce these lawsuits?        DIB

This message was modified Mar 15, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #56   Mar 16, 2008 8:04 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello M00seUK:

Hope all is well with you and yours.

The first bagless upright in the USA

that was yellow and grey and used the moniker

"cyclonic' on the machine is the EUREKA

Whirlwind.  It predates dyson's DC07 by a good

number of years here and there.  EUREKA didn't

sue dyson for copying. 

Carmine D.

The first time EUREKA used the yellow and grey colors

was in the early 50's with the Model 910 Roto-Matic.  Old-timers

in the vacuum business recall this canister model.  EUREKA

allowed a free in home trial for customers.  EUREKA's written claim was

it had tremendous suction: 71 cubic feet of air per minute.  According to

EUREKA: " It actually moves far more air than similar cleaners-a true

measure of real cleaning power." Used paper bags in a cloth.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #57   Mar 16, 2008 8:08 am
Hello DIB:

The EUREKA bagless Whirlwind uses

a clear bin too.  So users could see the dirt

and swirling suction action.  Sound familiar?

I believe dyson did the same following EUREKA's

lead.

What do you know about the Kenneth J. versus dyson

lawsuit over the vacuum ball facilitator?  Now that's

an interesting case.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #58   Mar 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Carmine,

Well I was not expecting a respectful reply, thank you.  Indeed I like a good challenge or strong opinion when it is delivered with respect.

I’ll put some thoughts down and well get back on and off (hopefully) today or tomorrow.        DIB

This message was modified Mar 16, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #59   Mar 16, 2008 2:23 pm
DIB:

Today is Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week. 

Must make an extra effort to be respective for the Holy Triduum.

Dyson has a host of others who came before to emulate and copy. 

Tho I believe its understanding and appreciation for vacuum history

especially in the USA is very lacking. 

Carmine D.

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #60   Mar 16, 2008 5:05 pm
I have the new Dyson brochures (UK) of the DC22/23 and DC24/25. In the DC22/23 brochure it states both these models have root & core technology.  Although the web (UK site) does not mention the DC22 has this technology!  The web only mentions the DC23 that has root and core technology!

DC18

This message was modified Mar 16, 2008 by DC18
Motorhead

Reply #61   Mar 19, 2008 2:47 pm
Heard a bit more info today about the DC23 Motorhead for the US.  It is a slightly larger machine than the DC22 which I didn't realize, I thought it was simply a US DC22 (like what we saw last year when the DC20 and 21 were introduced).  Due to the $899 retail price which we all heard about before, it will only be sold at independent vac shops where it can be demonstrated, to compete with Miele and other high-end brands.  The DDM-equipped DC23 is supposed to pull 165" of water lift and produce 410 CFM of airflow (pretty damn impressive, blows even central vacs out of the water). 

While it is a sister machine to the DC21 for now, I would bet that in the future it will be replacing the DC21 due to the advanced technology.

I want one now...right next to the DC12 ;-)

-MH
This message was modified Mar 19, 2008 by Motorhead
mole

Reply #62   Mar 19, 2008 3:04 pm
Hey Tom/M.H. do you agree that dysons attachments are absolute junk compared to Miele/aerus/electrolux/bosch/ sebo/lindhaus.How many times have you told Jimmy that to be a player in the high end can market they better step it up with excellent attachments.899.00 ?I'm sure these must really be flying off the dealers shelves.

MOLE

Motorhead

Reply #63   Mar 20, 2008 2:38 pm
mole wrote:
Hey Tom/M.H. do you agree that dysons attachments are absolute junk compared to Miele/aerus/electrolux/bosch/ sebo/lindhaus.How many times have you told Jimmy that to be a player in the high end can market they better step it up with excellent attachments.899.00 ?I'm sure these must really be flying off the dealers shelves.

MOLE

Please stop referring to me as Tom, as I said that is not my name and I do not appreciate it.  Thank you.

When it comes right down to it, no one really uses their small attachments anymore.  That's part of the reason why the small attachments on most vacuums today have become so chintzy in the first place, though there are a few exceptions like you said.  Dyson already has a good crevice tool and an EXCELLENT bare floor tool (with staggered-row bristles in the front reminiscent of a 1950's Kenmore bare floor tool), and that's really all that is used for normal cleaning.  Nowadays when people want to vacuum their upholstery, they either use a small powered hand tool or put the full-sized power nozzle on the couch or chair, and if they want to dust, they generally don't dust with the vacuum and use a cloth or disposable duster instead.  I haven't once *touched* the dusting brush or upholstery tool on my DC21; there's never been a need to so the quality of those doesn't matter to me.

As to your comment about the DC23s flying off dealers' shelves, my answer to that is they can't fly off the shelves as they're not even *on* the shelves yet

-MH
This message was modified Mar 20, 2008 by Motorhead
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #64   Mar 29, 2008 6:54 am
I've inspected the DC22 (UK) both models. First thing I will say is how heavy it is for the size it is!  Even with out the wand wrapped around it!  Very small, samller than the DC05 (UK) from years back, but slightly wider in width but smaller in length!

Both models have plastic tubes on the telescope wand, not sure if I personally like this, prefer the wand on the other models. Although looking at the pictures on this post the Japan model doesn't use plastic tubes!  There is a new air driven brush/turbo head

like the Japan but with normal brushes on the brush bar!  The nozzle pivots slighly like the upright models do (DC07/DC14). The animal comes with a new small version of this too.  The base model has a small version of the new 'flat out tool'.  Both modles have the root and core technology.  On opening up the bin the

root and core cyclones both share one big rubber gasket seal but the collection for both is separated. The Shroud filter is very close to the out bin container unlike other models.  This range also uses a slight wider diameter hose than previous dyson canisters. 

Another thing which has been commented on is the hose connection tot he wand is fixed and does nto pivot like previous models!   I do think Dyson should have used the DDM on the UK version of this!

Not had a change to use one yet but I have the new DC24 and 25 which I will post details on the DC24/25 thread!

DC18

This message was modified Mar 29, 2008 by DC18
Replies: 55 - 64 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42