Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Original Message   Mar 5, 2008 10:03 am
Looks like CHEVROLET is going to release the new retro CAMARO soon, I hope that the s.s package is available with the ls3 motor,. And for the dodge camp the retro challenger is out with the HEMI it's a real tuff looking ride.

These cars should bring excitement back to the world of muscle cars.

Who cares about vacuum cleaners...........

MOLE

Replies: 54 - 63 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Reply #54   Dec 24, 2008 7:20 pm
JimRockford wrote:
I cant get excited by phony "retro" cars and dont understand why anyone who likes REAL vintage Camaros or Challengers would be doing back flips over a cheaply made over priced plastic imitation with blocky goofy looking styling that loosely apes the originals.

I dont give a damn how fast it is,if its ugly who cares! besides who needs 400hp to drive 15 miles an hour on the freeway?!,as it is we have all the idiots with their jap cars that think they are speed racer who run around killing people,so the cops have cracked down on all that crap...now if you even do a burn out its a thousand dollar ticket in some areas!

I'm sick off all these blocky plastic pseudo retro cars, Its just another sign to me of how creatively bankrupt our current soceity is...we arent producing any future classics,(cars,movies,etc) so we destroy the past with these poorly conceived knock offs.

The only people who buy these things are tattooed idiots with nose rings who put 68" western pioneer wagon wheels on their rides. About all I can say is that people today have very poor taste and will buy anything.there is seemingly nothing  lowbrow enough!.

Rap music,reality shows,Paris Hilton,hog rings,baggy pants and tatoos,plastic mustangs and gay priuses...thats our legacy! Aint life grand?.

When Chrysler came out with its 1957 Forward look cars,there was truly cause for excitement!, here  were futuristic dream cars that the working man could own.

Fenders darted forward,fins soared,rooflines were lowered,torsion aire handling and shifting gears was done by push button! Life was exciting and new,people wondered at the future!

These cars were refreshing,daring and NEW!,they were the product of a better time.they werent tired poorly translated designs from the past.they were NEW!

I am simply amazed at the level of talent and creativity we had in the past....NOW we get fed mangled up tidbits of the past that insult the originals.

The best of today cant compete with the average of the past.

Ask yourself this question.Is this what happened to us when we were not looking,or being DISTRACTED by AMERICAN IDOL????????
HARDSELL

Reply #55   Dec 24, 2008 7:38 pm
mole wrote:
Ask yourself this question.Is this what happened to us when we were not looking,or being DISTRACTED by AMERICAN IDOL????????

What is there to idolize about the A I winners?  Worst group of losers I ever heard.  I bought XM so I do no thave to listen to today's wannabe singers.

What pi$$e$ me is that they all want to be called country.  Maybe it should be spelled $#%*ry.

Venson

Reply #56   Dec 24, 2008 7:58 pm
mole wrote:
Looks like CHEVROLET is going to release the new retro CAMARO soon, I hope that the s.s package is available with the ls3 motor,. And for the dodge camp the retro challenger is out with the HEMI it's a real tuff looking ride.

These cars should bring excitement back to the world of muscle cars.

Who cares about vacuum cleaners...........

MOLE

Geez!  Why can't we have it all?

Venson
mole

Reply #57   Dec 24, 2008 8:08 pm
HI Venson, Are you saying that instant gratification and living in a pipe dream got us into this mess.The days of easy credit are gone, Maybe we should have listened to your aunt Tilly..........

MOLE
mole

Reply #58   Dec 24, 2008 8:21 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
What is there to idolize about the A I winners?  Worst group of losers I ever heard.  I bought XM so I do no thave to listen to today's wannabe singers.

What pi$$e$ me is that they all want to be called country.  Maybe it should be spelled $#%*ry.

Hi H.S. are you saying that we are being conditioned to accept mediocrity??

MOLE
HARDSELL

Reply #59   Dec 24, 2008 9:13 pm
mole wrote:
Hi H.S. are you saying that we are being conditioned to accept mediocrity??

MOLE

I refuse to accept it.
Venson

Reply #60   Dec 24, 2008 10:16 pm
mole wrote:
HI Venson, Are you saying that instant gratification and living in a pipe dream got us into this mess.The days of easy credit are gone, Maybe we should have listened to your aunt Tilly..........

MOLE

Hiya MOLE,

Maybe yes, mabe no.  We all seem ot be looking for Jesus (metaphorically speaking) in one form or another to, if not save, at least  distract us from a nightmare we have yet to wake up from.  So far salvation is all about easy fixes, namely having things --  the ultimate car, the super-duper vacuum cleaner, the perfect home.  Not bad but moreso sad if they're all you got.

We're bombarded daily with "musts" that most of us will never gain or achieve by every advertisement  that turns up.  Thus all we seem to have learned is to want but not how to be satisfied.

What I loved about my Aunt Lucy, is that, even though she believed it was a good thing to buy a good shoe or coat, brand names never meant as much to her as her sense of personal honor.  The lady ran a pretty tidy ship in the small row house she and her husband owned in Philadelpia..  It was important that the bricks be tuckpointed  that the trim never looked in need of touching up and  the marble steps be kept clean but most important to her was that the family within that house was kept on a solid footing.  There was no product on store shelves to handle that.  It took a sense of what was right to accomplish the job.

She never preached to get a point across but most often would get you to see things her way by relating some similar experience she'd been through or seen the result of.  She was not about putting on airs or putting herself above others but she staunchly believed in doing the best she could -- in all things.  It was enough for her to merely feel she was living in a way life should be lived. 

She never allowed me to delude myself that anything worth having could be gained without sacrifice or sweat.  When my expalnation to my actions was, "I don't know," her reply was, "Yes, you do know.  You did what you wanted."  When I opted to back off in the face of challenge and excuse my lack of action as being due to the issue being to much, good old Aunt Lucy never failed to tell me, "You can do anything you want to do.  You just have to want to."

Admittedly, I'm crazy about all sorts of stuff -- cars, clothes and gadgets.  Yet whenever I get hype-overload, this remarkable lady who made cake from scratch completely by hand with a wooden spoon though she had a perfectly good electric mixer in the cupboard, who actually preferred a broom to her vacuum cleaner always comes to mind.  Whether by way of technology or plain old elbow grease, she taught me that there are many ways to accomplish the same thing and I am thankful for that. My only sadness is that I still have a long way to go to match her exzample.  Anyway . . .

Happy holidays to you and everyone here and, even though this is certainly not the best of times we've lived in, although it may be difficult to gain ground may we at least hold our own without having to back up.

Yours truly,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #61   Dec 25, 2008 6:59 am
Hi Venson:

Lovely story about Aunt Lucy!  I bet she had you out there every morning with a bucket and brush cleaning the marble steps.  With the smell of the soft pretzels from the street vendors in the air!

Like you said [thanks to Aunt Lucy] happiness doesn't come from having the best of what's to be had, it comes from making the best of what we have.

Merry Christmas my friend.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #62   Dec 25, 2008 8:44 am
CarmineD wrote:
Owned a 59 Ford hard top convertible.  Loved it.

Carmine D.

Carmine, do you have any idea what the retractable is worth now,easy 50's. seen them in black and blue at  shows,people swarm all over them. These cars create more intrest than a lambo .

mole
CarmineD

Reply #63   Dec 25, 2008 8:54 am
Hi MOLE:

Mine was blue and white with chrome trim.  No idea.  But I supect in the current times, off as much as 40 percent from their recent highs IF you can even find a willing buyer.

Carmine D.

Replies: 54 - 63 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42