Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Panasonic MC-UL675 Cyclonic Upright

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
rjg2

Panasonic MC-UL675 Cyclonic Upright
Original Message   Feb 18, 2008 7:18 pm
I found these to be interesting.  Has anyone had experience with these?

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Home-Appliances/Vacuum-Cleaners/Upright-Vacuums/model.MC-UL675_11002_7000000000000005702
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Motorhead

Re: Panasonic MC-UL675 Cyclonic Upright
Reply #1   Feb 18, 2008 8:37 pm
There's that dreaded AeroSpin...again, stay far away from those as they have no redeeming qualities whatsoever!  I just saw one in person a couple of weeks ago, VERY heavy and ungainly at around 28 lbs.  The telescoping handle is very flimsy and cannot support the machine's weight when picked up; if you try to pick it up with the handle collapsed, the lock will release and the machine will come crashing down.  If you look at the bin, you will notice that it appears to have a shroud like a dual-cyclone machine, however, take the bin off, look underneath, and you will see that it has a bin filter and NOT a true shroud!  Appearances can be VERY deceiving with this one.  The reason it's called the AeroSpin is that when the cord is pulled out, it rotates the filter against a tab that (theoretically) taps the fine dust and hair off.  A horrible gimmick if you ask me as the filter will inevitably clog with fine dust. 

Panasonic also has an inferior dual-cyclone machine called the AeroBlast, that's priced (ironically) higher than a Dyson at $700.  Aside from a few changes, they're basically the same bulky, unwieldy machine, and again, not viable alternatives to a good cyclonic machine.  Watch out.

Stick to a true dual or multi-cyclone like the Dyson or HealthyHome and you won't regret it one bit.
This message was modified Feb 18, 2008 by Motorhead
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Re: Panasonic MC-UL675 Cyclonic Upright
Reply #2   Feb 19, 2008 8:17 pm
I had the chance to see these when they first came out.  I was not impressed.  Panasonic is continuing to move away from their original and trusted design.
This vacuum, the Aerospin, has alot of "handleweight".  It feels heavy while holding the vacuum in the rug cleaning mode.
I do like that the hose is long.

I did not see any problems w/the handle coming out, but then again, the user should not be lifting the vacuum from the handle anyway.  There is a seperate handle for carrying the machine.  If people just read the manual, then they should have no problem.  Actually, carrying the machine by the carrying handle would make lifting the vacuum cleaner much easier than lifting w/the cleaning handle.  This issue even went far back to the HOOVER DAM.  The instructions said to carry w/the handle in the body, but there would be some who had to do it differently.

The Panasonic Aerospin is using technology they used on their Kenmore bagless uprights, where these "fingers" flick the filter pleats.

What is also disappointing is that these new machines are not made by Panasonic.
This message was modified Feb 19, 2008 by Mike_W
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42