Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

Kirby Sentria.
Original Message   Jan 19, 2008 9:58 am
Is the kirby sentria just a made over G7,dimond edition,without the 2 speed motor.

Please help us out on this one .

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Just

Re: Kirby Sentria.
Reply #1   Jan 28, 2008 11:03 am
Mole,

Even I know the answer to that one.  NO!! the Sentria is actually a made over Gen-3.  And I thought all Kirby's since at least the classic, but I think even earlier like the Dual 80 had a two speed motor.

Motorhead

Reply #2   Jan 28, 2008 2:26 pm
Hi Just,

Your comment about the G3 caught my interest because I hadn't really thought about it until now.  Was it in fact a single-speed machine?

As I've mentioned before, I have an '03 Ultimate G (pre-Diamond Edition), and I had a G5 at one point.  I've never seen a Sentria up close (yet), but I heard some talk about it having only 1 speed which I found out later was true.  I thought it was interesting that Kirby would make a backwards move like that.  The attachment suction (and airflow) of a G-series, to me, was comparable to some clean-air machines.

I believe the Dual Sanitronic 50 was Kirby's first 2-speed machine, hence the name "Dual".
This message was modified Jan 28, 2008 by Motorhead
Just

Reply #3   Jan 28, 2008 3:38 pm
I know that I had heard Kirby was having probs with the Diamond because they had a manual speed selector, whereas the earlier models choose their speed according to the attachment being used.  I heard they were having motor burning probs because people were leaving the selector in high speed all the time. 

I had not heard that the Sentria was single speed all the time. This does seem like a step backwards.   I only assumed they had gone back to the speed selector switch on the attachment bar.  I too have the UG and it is a two speed unit with the speed being selected by the attachment.

I only made the comment that it was a made over G3 because Kirbys evolve.  In the last 90 years they have only had three major style changes.  They just update the goodies inside and change the colors.  Not necessarily bad, why change what is already working.

This message was modified Jan 28, 2008 by Just
mole

Reply #4   Jan 28, 2008 5:26 pm
Hi Guy's the sentria is called the G10,it's the same set up as the ultimateG,the high speed side of the motor works when the attachments are used,the heritage2 colors are being used,they changed the lower handle grip set up and the outer bag has a different zipper on it.The L.E.D. bulb is also a nice touch,the belt lifter is a little more user friendly.Just is correct the machine has been tweeked here and there,but has stayed the same mechanicaly,motor and fan unit have been around since the G3,the brush rollors are at a different angle.

A tip on kirbys for you guy's

Brush rollsg3,g4 are the same.

brush rolls g5,g6 are the same

ultimateG's and diamonds will interchange.

IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE CUSTOMER GETS THE BRUSH ROLL FOR THEIR MODEL.Try and interchange them and you will see what happens.IT'S NOT A GOOD THING.

Another tip is that the trannys dont interchange even though they look identical to each other.Please take my word on this.

MOLE

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42