Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > the new Consumer Reports ratings are out

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

the new Consumer Reports ratings are out
Original Message   Aug 31, 2007 5:06 pm
For subscribers, the latest CR test results are out - at least the online results.  Not many surprises.  The scores for cleaning pet hair are included. 

The biggest surprise to me was the mediocre score for carpet cleaning for the Panasonic Performance Plus Platinum. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Replies: 8 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mole

Re: the new Consumer Reports ratings are out
Reply #8   Jan 2, 2008 8:39 am
CarmineD wrote:
CR is coming down pretty hard on dyson models for pet hair pick up.  For example, the DC15 gets a "poor" rating for removing pet hair from carpeting.  Not what one would expect/anticipate from a vacuum priced at $500.  Although I see them (DC15's) kicked around now for much much less.  I recall that the original MSRP for this DC15 was $600 before the $100 price drop (after 3 months of launch).

My sense is that the recent price reductions are due in part to the poor CR ratings for the DC15, which ranks a paltry 20 out of 43.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,Venson, all i can say is thank GOD that the DYSON parts availability has finally come to the smart indy's, There is more doe,ray,me, in the service parts than the actual sale of the machine.Of course you guys knew that all along.

MOLE/O.T.

CarmineD

Reply #9   Jan 2, 2008 8:54 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,Venson, all i can say is thank GOD that the DYSON parts availability has finally come to the smart indy's, There is more doe,ray,me, in the service parts than the actual sale of the machine.Of course you guys knew that all along.

MOLE/O.T.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MOLE-OLD-TIMER:

Yes to your concluding statement.  I know many vacuum store owners/operators, here and on the east coast (where I came from), who carry the dyson line, not particurlarly because they like it but for business reasons: To accomodate their current and future customers/clientele.  Glad to hear you are too. 

Of course, this is true of other vacuum brands.  With one major difference for dyson.  Because of its high product prices and big box stores' availability, the aftermarket business for dyson repairs and parts should be exceptionally profitable for independent vacuum stores (who jump on the dyson bandwagon).  But there is a big IF:  New dyson product prices stay high. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jan 2, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #10   Jan 2, 2008 9:12 am
Hi Carmine,Dysons parts line is a little out of whack as far as their pricing to the dealers,My only consensus is that that look at repair and parts avalability as a nusance to them, The only other company that we deal with is A.B.lux,where a cordwinder is over 105.00 cost and the wait is almost 2 months.If they feel like making it.Sort of like miele....................

MOLE/O.T.

Replies: 8 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42