Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Thinking out loud . . .

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Venson

Thinking out loud . . .
Original Message   Dec 26, 2007 9:15 pm

Per Mole, "We just might have the next IVENTION coming out soon [THE NEW FLOOR MOP AND BROOM WITH CYCLONIC CLEANING ACTION].Interested in bankrolling the R-D for us." . . .

Well Mole, here's some stuff I'd drop my $39.95 in mad money for without a thought -- if $39.95 would do it.

I continue to throw the idea of steam cleaner use out for thinking on although I'm not all that sure the idea is "taking" in the U.S. In light of the Halo, the Hoover Floormate and other devices, I also should offer the steam cleaner/vacuum cleaner for consideration.

Steam cleaners' hot vapor can sanitize and as opposed to actual solution-applying devices like the Floormate dry almost immediately.  A boon for use on sealed wood flooring.

By way of what I see from online vending sites, steam cleaners, with or without vacuumng ability, are more of interest to the European public than to us Stateside. This is sad in that, needing only steam to clean, they can save a bundle over time on this or that detergent.  You usually only need detergent to wash the cloths you use to wipe away the dirt the machine has loosened.  The possible gains with an all-in-one machine hypothetically is having the ability to vacuum, steam clean or do both simultaneously. Think of being able to remove dust and debris from a dirty floor and also remove spills dry or wet, stuck on dirt and smudges at the same time with no detergent or chemicals in the process.  Think of hitting a bathroom and cleaning tile, countertops, the floor and the john with just one device that's not only mean on dirt but germs too.  It's a real possibility. 

The downside, obviously, is weight and, possibly, size since these machines use water for dirt and dust capture when in vacuum mode besides water for steam production. The added downside is price which is in a range usually around or above teh $1,000 mark.

715Vapor Clean Desiderio Plus Commercial Steam Cleaner, 1700 Watts, 75PSI, Continuous Fill

The devices above are respectively by Polti, Septer Int'l and Desiderio.

Machines like this might take a little getting used to but in time could catch on in the American market, maybe even encourage more vacuum makers to consider stretchng the envelope.  They do not as yet come with electric power nozzles.  AND no -- I have no affliation with any of the makers mentioned.

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Dec 27, 2007 by Venson
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 5 of 5View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42