Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Dyson DC22
Original Message   Oct 30, 2007 9:38 am
The Dyson DC22 canister was very recently introduced in Japan. I have heard that this will make it to the US market in order to expand their canister range.

Key Features:

-Root Cyclone with Core Separation
-Dyson Digital Motor
-Stowaway Design
-Motorhead
-Pre filter rinse once every seven years

This message was modified Oct 31, 2007 by iMacDaddy
Replies: 30 - 39 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Motorhead

Re: Dyson DC22
Reply #30   Nov 21, 2007 6:36 pm
Hi DIB,

Great new pictures of the DC22, thanks for linking.  Of course you know it makes me even more anxious to see this machine in person and buy one when it's introduced here.  The new low-profile Motorhead does look good; appears to be slightly narrower but still the same basic design as the DC21's Motorhead, which is really one of the best power nozzles I've used in a long time.  To me a gear-driven brushroll is the only way to go now.  As for the low profile, I don't have a problem getting under the bed and other furniture with my 21, but this probably makes it even more of a breeze.

I'm still itching to hear how the DDM sounds on startup and full speed. 
This message was modified Nov 21, 2007 by Motorhead
DysonInventsBig

Reply #31   Nov 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Hello DC18 and Motorhead,

Glad you enjoyed my posting/s.  This DC22 looks to be James’ newest weapon.  It should keep his opponents at bay and give

consumers another choice, something needed and new.  Seven years (approx) of hassle free (no pre-motor filter cleaning) is what

the Core technology is and what James is betting on, I’m guessing with a bigger pre-motor filter too.  Today the Dyson copycats even

use James 6 month clean pre filter standard and messaging.  And so there they are, cleaning the filter every 6 months.  I was

wondering just how James was going to sell the Level 3 in the future…  cleaning ever 7 years vs. every 6 months (his old strategy and

his competitors current strategies).  I would expect to see this new strategy (cleaning every 7 years vs. 6 months) in his new uprights too.

The canisters verses uprights look to be more difficult at keeping dust away from the pre filter.  I saw this Core patent a year ago or so,

I took another look recently at the patent, it shows 2 inlets at the “Core” high efficient cone.  But the Dyson Japan site shows only one inlet.

I saw no patents from any of his competitors that use anything interesting or close to James’ “Core” technology.  Certainly there are unseen patent

pending vacs that are not publicly posted.  I am baffled after looking at Dyson Japan and comparing the DDM vs. carbon motored DC22.

This site does not look at all finished, an example is a reference to the DC22 having the Root6 technology as well as phone home capabilities.

I looked hard, and per Dyson Japan the only difference is the warrantees and pricing.  But if you look close to the DDM has an outer ring at

the power button that lights green - clean filter and red for clogged pre filter.  The carbon brush motor DC22 does not have this feature.

Re:  Dyson copies.

The Bissell “Healthy Home”, the Dirt Devil “Spinnergy:, the Vax “Zero” are ALL near exact copies.  Claim #7 in one of Dyson’s multi-cyclone

patents narrowly defines the patent and these wonderful companies have exploited and built vacuums around this.  Claim #7 says

"at least 1/2" of the high efficient tapered cone sits inside of bin. - Another Dyson patent claims "cyclone projects into collector" see Claim#10.

Bissell, Dirt Devil and Vax exploited this narrow definition and have just simply put the cyclones on top on the bin! - Ta-da!

Below are Dyson and LG patents.

Dyson patent filing date:  14.09.2001 patent here

LG patent filing date: 17.08.2005  patent here

My money is on Dyson.

DIB

This message was modified Nov 23, 2007 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #32   Nov 23, 2007 5:19 am
Hello DIB

Thanks for posting the patent links to both.  My money is on Dyson too.  I do prefer the new motorhead on the DC22 to the DC21 like Motorhead says it looks slimmer.  Looks like it

has one long brush bar on the picture unlike the DC21 motorhead where the 2 brush bars attach to the geared mountings either side.  I will be interesting to see this Core Seperation

in the new uprights from Dyson.  Although the DC17 with its level 3 sort of answers that question as to how they may go about it!?  I would like them to use something simular to the

DC22 Motorhead on a new upright giving a slimmer cleaner head/body.

Onr thing looking at different pictures and the Dyson Japan Website of the DC22 it doesn't look much bigger than the DC12!  After all they prefer smaller vacuums because of the

limited space they have over there! 

DC18

This message was modified Nov 23, 2007 by DC18
Venson

Reply #33   Nov 26, 2007 2:03 pm
Hi,

Nobody asked me but . . .

Online shoppers, Sears has a nice price drop AND a discount for those who just must have a Dyson DC21.  However, 9:00  p.m. today is the end of the line.

The price on the DC21 is $474.99 with an additional 10% off "Cyber Monday" discount (-$47.50) AND shipping is free as the order is over $49.00. 
Final cost, not including local sales tax, is about $427.00.  Check it out if your of a mind.

This is not a recommendation of Dyson. It's just that God knows I love a good sale.

Happy shopping and no I don't work for Sears,

Venson

This message was modified Nov 26, 2007 by Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #34   Mar 10, 2008 3:58 pm

My neighbor was kind enough to translate (best as possible) the wording on this DC22 packaging (below).        DIB

1)      30 times better (filtering) than any cyclone vacuum.

2)      Motorhead does not slow down vs.a turbine nozzle.

3)      Updated Root with Core separator.

4)      “About” 7 years, you do not have to touch filter for 7 years.

5)      2 yr. warrantee.

< This and other DC22 pics from a Japanese blog (while on blog, click pics to enlarge).  Here. 

This message was modified Mar 10, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

bucks03

Reply #35   Mar 13, 2008 6:04 pm
I had a look at the DC22, its similar size to Dysons previous DC05.  I don't like the DC22 as it has PLASTIC for its telescopic wand not the usual alluminium  (though I never liked the aluminium) I wish Dyson would go back to the steel they used for the first model, seemed better quality.

The plastic finish  the telescope 'handle' looks like poor with some 'flash'  lines.  Its probably a good machine but I really don't like the plastic 'wand'.

Dysons bin capacity is a bit of a joke compared to the older models, my DC04 holds a full 4 litres of dirt, the DC07 hold 3 litres, DC14 hold 2 litres but later models hold a small amounts like 1 plus litres which means more emptying, not that this is difficult just annoying if machine fills whilst in middle of vacuuming.

I have kept with my DC04 and spare DC05 but I not too keen on the later models.   Why does the Shroud take up so much space in the bin in the newer models?

DysonInventsBig

Reply #36   Mar 13, 2008 8:18 pm
bucks03 wrote:
I had a look at the DC22, its similar size to Dysons previous DC05.  I don't like the DC22 as it has PLASTIC for its telescopic wand not the usual alluminium  (though I never liked the aluminium) I wish Dyson would go back to the steel they used for the first model, seemed better quality.

The plastic finish  the telescope 'handle' looks like poor with some 'flash'  lines.  Its probably a good machine but I really don't like the plastic 'wand'.

Dysons bin capacity is a bit of a joke compared to the older models, my DC04 holds a full 4 litres of dirt, the DC07 hold 3 litres, DC14 hold 2 litres but later models hold a small amounts like 1 plus litres which means more emptying, not that this is difficult just annoying if machine fills whilst in middle of vacuuming.

I have kept with my DC04 and spare DC05 but I not too keen on the later models.   Why does the Shroud take up so much space in the bin in the newer models?

Thank you for posting your comments on this machine.  I had no idea that plastic was used instead of aluminum on the pipe.  Do you know if the wand weight is lighter than the Stowaway’s?  A lighter weight TW wand was badly needed.  The Stowaway’s TW is heavy, bulky and the handle position directly inline with the axis line of the pipe, making turning the wand much harder than necessary (little or no leverage).

I own the DC05 Motorhead and think it is great! – Certainly better and easier to use than my DC21.  The pipe is aluminum with a sister pipe that is plumbed with the electrical, it is very sturdy, easy and fast to adjust to any height.  I believe if Dyson would have instead, introduced the wand and power nozzle off the DC05 versus what came on the DC11, the 11 would have been a winner here in the US.  Dyson just needs to quit over-engineering his stuff (at times).        DIB

bucks03

Reply #37   Mar 14, 2008 8:26 am
HI DysonInventsBig

The plastic that is used for the DC22 TW in my opinion doesn't make the wand feel lighter, the aluminnium used on other models in very lightweight anyway.  To be honest I like a slight heavy solid feel as opposed to the light flimsy feel.

Maybe I'm being fussy but the whole 'feel' of latter Dysons just doesn't feel as good as previous machine,  I don't like the new flat out tools at all.  The Dyson DC05 when first lauched used to be dispacthed with a steel soleplate and wand

from around 2002 / 2003 Dyson started sending with a plastic soleplate and aluminium wand which just didn't feel as good as the previous ones.

Other vacuum cleaners on market are plastic but Dysons are pretty much contructing the while thing from plastic,  I wonder if one day they will just make it clip together with snap on clips, getting rid of screws all together.

I agree the DC05 Motorhead was a good machine, just a shame that there was a problem with the first design of  Motorhead which caused the wires to become exposed when the 'joint' broke but this didn't happen to all users.  Dyson modified this anyway and where good at sending out replacements.

Do you know why Dysons has changed the design on the DC24 and DC25 to have both the filters washable?  My DC04 has liftetime POSTMOTOR  filter as on DC05 which has not been changed in 5 years, it is very black with carbon dust but is still in use with no need to change.  I have noticed through that my DC04 does let some carbon dust out through the exhaust.

Thanks for reading.

CarmineD

Reply #38   Mar 14, 2008 8:33 am
bucks03 wrote:

Surprised no dyson admirers answered.  Airblade?  Anything to say?

The largest shrouds I saw are with vacuums of years gone by.

The Lewyt and Filter Queen bagless canns of the 40's.  Tho, I doubt

they called them shrouds.  The full circumference of the vacuums

and probably half the volume of the bottom dirt container.

Carmine D.

bucks03

Reply #39   Mar 14, 2008 8:40 am
CarmineD wrote:
Surprised no dyson admirers answered.  Airblade?  Anything to say?

Carmine D.

Hi

I'm surprised too.  Thought someone would have known the answer to this one.  Do you get where I am coming from, why would a vacuum cleaner manufacturer not make use of the bin capacity, the shroud is so big in Dysons and the MAX mark is rather low down compared to the first generation of UK Dyson in the late 90s.  These are 4 lites and the shroud was never that big but these where DUAL CYCLONE machine.

Replies: 30 - 39 of 162Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42