Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacomatic

WorkPlace Vac Fun
Original Message   Oct 13, 2007 12:57 am
I now work for a large appliance/audio retail chain that also sells vacuums. I won't name the chain as we're not in the business of endorsing specific vacs.However, we had 4 vacs on cleanup duty during prep for store opening. FYI, this means the floors are littered with cardboard scraps, screws, plastic buttons, styrofoam, paper, plastic chunks, minature plastic bags, sawdust, just plain dirt, etc.We had two Dirt Devil "Vision" style bagless vacs, supposedly commercial versions as both had an orange 3 wire cord (otherwise they were standard Dirt Devils). Also in the mix were a Dyson DC 14, and a Royal professional vac (old style using cloth bag).The Dirt Devils had a miserable time with the stuff. They clogged their pleated filters within minutes of use. Cleaning the filters was a joke; banging against side of trash can raised huge cloud of dust and only got half the dirt out (three different employees tried to get the filters clean but to no avail). I finally resorted to taking filter outside and brushing its pleats with a floor brush - that got about 90% of the suction back. Their hoses frequently jammed up and the stupid things were annoying loud. I might pay $20 for those jokes but no more.The Dyson and Royal just picked the stuff up. I did not see anyone having problems with either of those vacs. We sell all those brands of Vacs, BTW -- however, we presently do not sell high priced cannisters (Miele, Sebo, etc.).
This message was modified Oct 13, 2007 by vacomatic
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42