Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Message to the mods and regulars

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
sawme

1Thess 4: 11-12

Message to the mods and regulars
Original Message   Mar 16, 2005 11:48 pm

Hello to all

I just want to give a little encouragement to all who make this forum a great place to be.

I am a member of a few different forums but this one is by far the best. Why? because of the no nosense policy.
I'm not saying that we will always agree but when it comes down to honest opinions this place beats them all .

I have been very surprised at the comments made on the new site, but I'll excuse it due too a wider exposier.

The effort that is displayed to make all of this work is tremendious and should be recognized, for there are not many forums out there with this kind of dedication from it's members .

Thank you all for your efforts and keep up the good work !!

Tom

Stihl 036/MS-55 YB /Homelite Trimmer/ Troy-Bilt Tiller/ MTD Rider/ Honda HS1132TA
Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Message to the mods and regulars
Reply #5   Mar 17, 2005 10:06 am
Tom,

I have said it before and I will say it again, it's you members that make this site what it is. Without you, the site would just be pages on a screen. All of you quality members make the les desireables stand out easier too. LOL 

Thank you

Marshall

robmints

Reply #6   Mar 17, 2005 11:18 am
Tradesman100 wrote:
This FORUM is very similar to the other's I've been so long, I don't see a big difference.

Is there a sentance in there somewhere?

This is a great group of people. Knowledgable, helpful, easy to get along with, real good collective sense of humor, is my opinion of the people that participate here. Maybe it is just my imagination, but many seem to really care about each other. When you put it all together it's a pretty rare set of qualities for such a varied group. Tradesman, if you find this type of forum sprit at every forum you participate in on the internet, all I can say is, you are lucky. And Welcome, maybe you can bring some of the good luck with you.

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #7   Mar 17, 2005 1:23 pm
This site is my first hit of the day. I found the original WTB through Spectrums site after I had bought my used JD 726. I'll be the first to tell you that I'm mechanically challenged. My father was a businessman and a good one, but would never touch a mechanical problem. If you couldn't find the one screwdriver we had, out came the butter knives.  This used to really dork my mother off. LOL  Somehow though, I managed to keep things going. Mini bike, 3 snowmobiles, and our lawnmowers. But, not the best PM, or things would have lasted longer. Also, I beat the things to death. Lurking and occasionally posting here, I've learned to have a little more respect for my machines and the tasks they perform for me. I appreciate the knowledge I gain here, and the answers to any problems I may have. I tell my wife.....OPE is my mid life crisis. She likes that, (except when I keep mentioning something about a new Simplicity Conquest). LOL.   And yes, I don't notice the BS in here that I see on other sites.  So.......

Thanks,    Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #8   Mar 17, 2005 1:42 pm
I hung out a lot at a now shut down forum that was a lot like here. Lots of good folks helping out anyone they could with a sprinkle of humor thrown in. It WAS nice there, it IS nice here. Since that other one shut down, I guess you will be seeing me here a lot more. I've been to several other forums and they are either "just the facts ma'm" with no comraderie, or are filled with bashing and name calling totally out of control. You guys might see me at some of the "just the facts" forums, but life is too short for me to be dealing with mindless bashing and tantrums at others. The folks that run this place seem to keep it peaceful, and the regulars here all seem to be very helpful. So I guess this will be my "new home".

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #9   Mar 17, 2005 2:05 pm
And welcome you are Joe!
18Degrees

Reply #10   Mar 17, 2005 6:52 pm
Thank you for removing people that entertain themselves by writng stuff JUST to get a reaction out of people.                           

18 degrees 

18 Degree driveway - 928 Honda track drive - Fertilizer spreader for dispensing salt
Marshall

Reply #11   Mar 17, 2005 7:49 pm
18Degrees wrote:
Thank you for removing people that entertain themselves by writng stuff JUST to get a reaction out of people.                           

18 degrees 

Well, we do the best we can, why some can't move on is a mystery to me? Aren't there like about 25 Kagillion things to look at and places to go on the net?

18 degrees, would you stay where you were not wanted? Maybe it's just me, maybe I think different?
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Reply #12   Mar 17, 2005 8:24 pm
In the old, old days, this forum would have probably been a handful of guys sitting around the pot belly stove at the general store shooting the breeze. The only power back then though was the true horse power. "We've come a long way baby..."

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #13   Mar 17, 2005 8:58 pm
I never use to get on the internet to much, till i found this place. Now my wife gets on to me for spending to much time on the computer! lol  This place is great !!!!!!!!!!!! thanks Mike
This message was modified Mar 17, 2005 by mikefla1

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Reply #14   Mar 17, 2005 10:07 pm
In reply to number 11,by Marshall!
Marshall, yes!!! you are different, I'm different.Nobody is the same as any one else!
Different strokes for different folks!! On the problems that come up on the forum
There are at least three or four DIFFERENT answers and in the end the problem is SOLVED!!
People from the four corners of the world,pose different questions and the answers come from the same four corners.
When one hurts, collectively all of us hurt. We give laughs,bad times, prayers and advice to all.
ALL IN ALL THIS IS A GREAT FORUM!!! THANKS TO THE MODERATORS!!! THE POSTERS!!!
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE GENEROUS PESPONSES FROM ALL THE REPLIERS!!!!
Huga and prayers all around!!
T.J. terry

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
Replies: 5 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42