Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Weedeater Question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Weedeater Question
Original Message   Mar 15, 2005 8:55 pm
Okay everyone, here is a stumper for you:

I have a Weedeater GTI 17LE weed trimmer that I can't stop the fuel leak on.  Before you all start on me, I know that this is a cheapie unit (yes I got it for $60 about 10 years ago) but it has really served me well until last year.  It all started with the engine not wanting to run.  I figured that a carburator kit was in order, so I pulled it and put the kit in.  What I found to be the biggest culprit in non-operation was that the plastic fuel line in the tank had fallen apart.  So, easy fix right? Replace the line, NOT.  The first line I put on was the wrong outside diameter and leaked right away.  So on to line number 2.  This line appears to be the correct replacement, but yet I still get  slight fuel seapage between the line and the hole in the tank.  I went to several part sites and find that the factory line #530069247 is replaced with Stens ST-120-870.  Unfortunately, to order it on line ends up being about $14 buck for 50 cents worth of line. 

Any tricks for this? 

I just hate the idea of tossing this operational unit away just because I can't get a small fuel line to work.  The engine with the new kit really runs great.  Of course, I already have my eye on a Stihl trimmer if I just can't get this to work

bbwb

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42