Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Carlisle Sno Hog tires versus chains

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Garandman

Carlisle Sno Hog tires versus chains
Original Message   Mar 11, 2005 6:13 am
I have an older (1970) Ariens snowblower that has chains (and no differential).

The new ones seem to come with the Carlisle Snow Hog tires, and the dealers claim they have better traction in snow and ice than chains. True Story? The chains do a number on the pavement when turing around.
I splurged and bought new tubes last season, but being kind of wild I can replace the tires every 35 years whether they need it or not....
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Re: Carlisle Sno Hog tires versus chains
Reply #6   Mar 11, 2005 4:05 pm
Well in my book there's 2 kind of rubber 1 for summer and 1 for winter and I'm telling you there's a big difference

Walby

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: Carlisle Sno Hog tires versus chains
Reply #7   Mar 11, 2005 8:24 pm
I have cleared snow off of my frozen pond with the snow hogs and never slipped.  I have had my father's Ariens pull me up my drive.  They are great tires and I would change to them in a second.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Replies: 6 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42