Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New models of Deere's Lawn Tractors

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

New models of Deere's Lawn Tractors
Original Message   Mar 5, 2005 10:27 pm
There appears to be new models in the 100 series line............Deere 100 series

It looks like they also added some new models to the LT, LX, and X series.

Snowshoveler of MissSnowshoveler, did Husqvarna add any new models or have any upgrades for 2005?
Replies: 13 - 22 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Michael

Snow, What Snow?

Re: New models of Deere's Lawn Tractors
Reply #13   Mar 10, 2005 1:42 pm
I find this one interesting, but here is my take on this issue if the L-series are junk how do you explain my 2 year old L-120,  This tractor has taken all the abuse that my rough yard can give and the only warranty issue on the tractor has been the rib nut on the hood fell off and sheared the hood pins on the right hand side of the hood.  A new hood and I was back in operation mowing yard.  My dealer has been excellent in the turn around of the unit in the fact he had the new hood and tractor back to me in 3 days and it has kept my over 2 acres of lawn mowed and looking like a professional has maintained my yard.  I finally had to replace the blades on the tractor after 2 full seasons of mowing the grass this spring.  A funny thing is if this is the POS that everyone claims how come are the tractors are flying off dealer and Home Depot sells areas?  I think that the update to the tractors is a good thing.  The L110 is discontinued and the L-111 is replacing it.  The L-111 has the same engine as last years L-120 and the 42" deck(basically the same as last years L-118),  The L-118 this year has the Briggs and Stratton 22 HP engine 42" deck.  The L-120 has the new 22 HP engine and the 48" deck and the L-130 remains the same except the L-120 and L-130 has a hundred dollar increase in price.

Kubota L-185 w/ FEL

John Deere L120 Lawn Tractor

Marshall

Reply #14   Mar 10, 2005 1:48 pm
It seems to me that the people that own them like them.
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #15   Mar 10, 2005 4:12 pm
Marshall--I notice the John Deere dealer here in Ferriday, La. has a lot covered with new mowers.   They really sell some John Deeres in this part of the country, mainly because they have service and parts.  Also, the Deere is a good mower.  Had thought about buying one myself a few years ago, but I am happy with the Murray built, Stanley,(Murray 52", GT  Rail frame)   My wife is cutting grass at this moment---she loves that foot operated Hydrastatic, also she loves the power of that TVT-691 Tecumseh. Have a good day Marshall and may the Lord bless us with some communication tomorrow, etc. ---Your friend--Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Marshall

Reply #16   Mar 10, 2005 4:20 pm
"Murray built, Stanley,(Murray 52", GT  Rail frame)"

Will, with that description, I want two! Sounds like a dragster.

I want to try one of those engines out sometime, maybe I'll run across someone locally with one that will let me use for a few passes.

Glad you're feeling better Will!!! 

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #17   Mar 10, 2005 4:56 pm
I never tell folks that the Deere "L" series is junk. But I DO tell them that these machines were introduced to allow Deere to sell a discount priced machine at Home Depot to compete with Walmart, and Lowes. There is nothing wrong with that, but folks should know that they are not going to get something built like the legendary Deere 318 for $1499. That is the one thing about Deere's marketing that bothers me. They built their reputation on tough, over-designed garden tractors from the 1960s- 1980s that were among the best garden tractors ever made. The machines sold at Home Depot, especially the G100 (now the G110) are not built the same way, do not offer the same variety of awsome attachments, and are less likely to last 40 years. That said, they will cut the average suburban lawn as well as other machines in their price class, and they have Deere's dealers and Deere's world class parts distribution system to back them up. If I had never owned an older Deere, I'd probably be very happy with a new one, and to tell the truth, it would do all I need done except the heaviest snow removal. But after owning (2) Deere 316s that in "winter dress" go over 1000 pounds BEFORE I plant my 300 in the seat, I don't think I'd feel right on a 500 pound machine.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

Reply #18   Mar 10, 2005 5:07 pm
bontaiJoe wrote:
I never tell folks that the Deere "L" series is junk. But I DO tell them that these machines were introduced to allow Deere to sell a discount priced machine at Home Depot to compete with Walmart, and Lowes. There is nothing wrong with that, but folks should know that they are not going to get something built like the legendary Deere 318 for $1499. That is the one thing about Deere's marketing that bothers me. They built their reputation on tough, over-designed garden tractors from the 1960s- 1980s that were among the best garden tractors ever made. The machines sold at Home Depot, especially the G100 (now the G110) are not built the same way, do not offer the same variety of awsome attachments, and are less likely to last 40 years. That said, they will cut the average suburban lawn as well as other machines in their price class, and they have Deere's dealers and Deere's world class parts distribution system to back them up. If I had never owned an older Deere, I'd probably be very happy with a new one, and to tell the truth, it would do all I need done except the heaviest snow removal. But after owning (2) Deere 316s that in "winter dress" go over 1000 pounds BEFORE I plant my 300 in the seat, I don't think I'd feel right on a 500 pound machine.

Said well and right on the money!
bro2539

Reply #19   Aug 15, 2005 1:27 pm
There is a clear hood for the L111's on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAR-John-Deere-Hood-Grille-L-series-Very-Hard-To-Get_W0QQitemZ7538020540QQcategoryZ41482QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #20   Aug 15, 2005 6:18 pm
That was a very cool idea.  Makes me kinda want to buy it for my custom tractor.  I guess they would paint or power coat them some way? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Garandman

Reply #21   Aug 17, 2005 9:48 am
They're used for display models. The molder just runs a clear material instead of the usual resin. They're not super-clear because they've not been polished as much as would be necessary.
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #22   Aug 17, 2005 1:32 pm
These clear hoods are not listed on Deere parts, so you can't just order one from Deere as a replacement. I'd be curious as to how this one became available.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 13 - 22 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42