Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > What about riveting a plastic shield inside auger?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

What about riveting a plastic shield inside auger?
Original Message   Mar 8, 2005 4:05 pm
I was thinking today like wife said It happened to me sometimes but every year I had to repaint inside ther auger, I'm thinking in put in a plastic shield about 1/8 thick and rivet on the bottom could this be a good idea?

Walby

Replies: 18 - 27 of 27Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Re: What about riveting a plastic shield inside auger?
Reply #18   Mar 10, 2005 10:47 am
Ben I quoted what I took offense to,  "Beat down" and I addressed that specifically and why.

And yes, I took offense and still do.

There is no other way to take a statement like that.  If it was intended as a joke I could not tell by your post.

Hey Walby,  Did they beat you down , Huh,  well they are probably right.

?,  I don't see the humor.

Sorry, I did not read it that way.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Ben07

The more you know about something, the more you find there is to know.

Reply #19   Mar 10, 2005 11:00 am
Chris  I do thank you for now quoting the whole sentance in your reply.

Ben07

This message was modified Mar 10, 2005 by Ben07

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #20   Mar 10, 2005 11:04 am
Glad it didn't say up or off.  
Ben07

Reply #21   Mar 10, 2005 11:14 am
Marshall wrote:

I was wondering if  using "up" would have made a difference or not. Never thought of "off" though.  "Gotta hand it to you for that one." 

By the way. that is just a joke. naturally I only mean using the word up instead of down (context is everything) Just taking a suggestion as to being clear.

Ben07 

Ariens 8524LE, Toro CCR2000, Jacobsen S-B S-blowers, Generac 10hp Gen-convt. to N.G., 5 L-boys(D's F's &Dura( 74,77,80,88,00), Antiq. 1960 AYP 20 in. mag w 3.5 Tech mower. Ryan/Ryobi gas Trim. AYP 205 gas blwr. Mac c-saw,Toro E-blwr, 2 Weed-E e. stg. trims. outboards, boats, util trail, 2 Jeeps 
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #22   Mar 10, 2005 11:51 am
Marshall wrote:

Now if I read "off" then I would have LMAO....   

When 90% (and IMHO more actually) of communicication is done by body language so much is lost in the translation when we try to communicate like this.

I just don't want Walby to think that I (or anyone else from what I could take from the posts) were putting him down for his idea. 

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #23   Mar 10, 2005 11:59 am
 LOL
walbroman

Clean Carb Clean Machine

Reply #24   Mar 10, 2005 12:01 pm
Hum you guys, I never thought this topic would do this kind of talking but in my case I said I will use WD40 or oil, but if I intend to put that plastic shield in my auger no one here will ever know ...

Walby

Ben07

Reply #25   Mar 10, 2005 12:09 pm
walbroman wrote:
, but if I intend to put that plastic shield in my auger no one here will ever know ...

Walby

Walby you are the man.. I don't want to belabor the point,  and context again, as  the following is a compliment..

" I very rarely bust out loud laughing to myself.  But I sure did this time" "keeps happening and my eyes won't quit watering,, wew"

It's my vote for joke of the day,  (it beat mine for sure)   Problem people will have to read most of the thread to get the full effect.

LOL   thanks

Ben07

p.s. pm me if you do it,  promis not to tell a soul..  LOL

jubol

Reply #26   Mar 10, 2005 12:29 pm
 Walby,

You might think about using a marine grade, 2 part epoxy paint.

It should stand up well and meet your requirements.

Fred          

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
SnowPro

Reply #27   Mar 10, 2005 1:55 pm
Personally, I would NOT put a crazy carpet in the auger area.  It will not last.  Yes, it is quite slippery, but also thin.  It is a good idea, but rocks WILL tear it up. 

I saw a machine in my dad's shop, a few years ago, where some guy had the same idea.  I guess at first it was alright, but he got some rocks into it, and there were several thin spots, and, you guessed it, it shredded like crazy   It jambed up the impeller so bad he had to take it in to be removed.  The guys theory, IIRC was that he didn't like seeing the scrapes in the paint around the auger.  This would cover it up, protect it and maybe improve performance.  I remember he paid a pretty good price for his "performance enhancement".  Hopefully he took my father's advice and gave it a paint job each year, after that.  I know that is what I do.   By spring, they get rather scratched up.  Gives me some "tinker time" when I am inbetween seasons.  Of course that is when the "honey-do" list seems to appear too!!!!!

Ken

This message was modified Mar 10, 2005 by SnowPro
Replies: 18 - 27 of 27Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42