Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Sand Spreader

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Sand Spreader
Original Message   Feb 23, 2005 4:17 pm
I need a little help, or at least some ideas from everyone.

You have seen pictures of my drive.  It is pretty big and steep at the top.  I need to hand sand it frequently and I am getting tired of this to be quite honest and time is becoming even more scarce for me not less....

I toyed with the idea a few years ago of getting something like a fertilizer spreader to throw the sand/salt mixture that I get free from the town.  Something with rubber tires that would not slip on the ice and something that would throw a lot of sand AND not clog.

Guys and gals within reason price is not an issue as it is something I would use forever as I never see myself not living where there is snow and lots of it.

Again most important for me, really throws the sand, doesn't slip on the ice and does not clog up all the time.  Once in awhile I can deal with the occasional clog but not all the time.

OK does anyone know of something that fits the bill?

I won't be buying it this year as the season is coming to an end but next year it is on my list of considerations along with a trimmer which I must have.

Thanks for any ideas you all might have.....

C

This message was modified Feb 23, 2005 by ChrisS

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Replies: 1 - 21 of 21View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 21 of 21View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42